Frost and Lyles

with Lyles spilling the beans, so to speak, and telling all, we all can wonder some more about how it feels to be on staff where a couple of coaches bought influence and amateurishly tried to get some "cover". Boy there are a LOT of ways to get a tit caught in a wringer.

D

Wow Oregon has an assitant named Tom Osborne??

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-robinson_scout_details_deal_oregon_kelly_070111

Another card signed by assistant coach Tom Osborne reads: “Will, Chip has told us how much help you have been in recruiting. We really appreciate your help with Trovon and Dontae. We appreciate all that you (sic) for the Oregon Ducks!”

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-robinson_scout_details_deal_oregon_kelly_070111

Another card signed by assistant coach Tom Osborne reads: “Will, Chip has told us how much help you have been in recruiting. We really appreciate your help with Trovon and Dontae. We appreciate all that you (sic) for the Oregon Ducks!”

I saw that yesterday when the story hit Yahoo and was :wtf Turns out he's the TE and special teams coach. Hilarious that he works alongside Scott Frost.

I saw that yesterday when the story hit Yahoo and was :wtf Turns out he's the TE and special teams coach. Hilarious that he works alongside Scott Frost.

Yeah, a dead ringer:

osbornejpg-e2f312ba6b516506.jpg

Unfortunatley I think this means Frost will never coach at NU. He should have considered it a better opportunity than what he did.

Why is that exactly? Maybe I missed something, but I don't recall hearing about Frost having any involvement in the wrong doing happening inside Oregon's FB program. If being a member of the same staff as a coach who was skirting the rules was enough to permanently damage someones reputation then there would be an a**load of D1 coaches out of work right now.

..... Just ask Luke Fickell

Unfortunatley I think this means Frost will never coach at NU. He should have considered it a better opportunity than what he did.

Why is that exactly? Maybe I missed something, but I don't recall hearing about Frost having any involvement in the wrong doing happening inside Oregon's FB program. If being a member of the same staff as a coach who was skirting the rules was enough to permanently damage someones reputation then there would be an a**load of D1 coaches out of work right now.

I'm not da skers, but I think he means that Frost won't be a coach at NU after turning down the coaching in the spring, not that stuff that's going on at Oregon now.

If they find a thank-you note sent to Lyles with Frost's signature on it, as they have with other Oregon coaches, he might be in trouble. I don't think he's going to become so radioactive that he won't be able to take future jobs though, especially at his alma mater. Other coaches have driven programs into probation and still managed to forge a future for themselves - just look at Skippy.

If they find a thank-you note sent to Lyles with Frost's signature on it, as they have with other Oregon coaches, he might be in trouble. I don't think he's going to become so radioactive that he won't be able to take future jobs though, especially at his alma mater. Other coaches have driven programs into probation and still managed to forge a future for themselves - just look at Skippy.

It's pretty unlikely that the current AD or Head Coach will give him another shot after the way Frost handled the last interview and after this current investigation. He hitched his rep to a guy who wanted to take short cuts and he knew about it. Also from an outside perspective, would any of the coaches at OSU or Auburn be at the top of your list right now? (I mean if you're not Texas, USC or the SEC). If Nebraska has issues with a guy who yells a people a lot how are they going to feel about a guy who cheated? I'm sure it will only be a short time before they rehash the scandal that followed Frost in High School when it was found out his stats were inflated by his coaches (who were his mom and dad) to make him look better on paper than he was. You know. . .once a cheater...always a cheater. It isn't fair to the guy. . but hey. . .thats Nebraska fan for you.

• Fire 1