Impact of Texas Recruiting

Texas will definitely be less of a focal-point over time but we'll still recruit it, like we did before the Big12, and we've always recruited nationally. We'll have an improved presence in the Big10 states(already have two commits for this class) and the improved tv-coverage should help national recruiting. We already have signficantly more offers out in Florida than Texas. Things are evolving, we'll be fine.

• Fire 1

I think there will be a small effect, but nebraska has recruited more nationally as opposed to regional anyway, so it will be small. Will there be some kids that since NE rarely, if ever play in TX and because they are not on their weekly games in TX that will lose interest over time, probably yes. Will connections with current staffs just die because of a conference switch, no, and its foolish for people to claim so.

Things change, not playing in tx every year and being apart of the 'texas' schools, will change things. Just like MU winning many more games and putting together a respectable program changed recruiting in MO, but it didnt stop recruiting in MO.

I guess in short, i feel there will be some change in TX recruiting, but it will be minimal.

Texas will definitely be less of a focal-point over time but we'll still recruit it, like we did before the Big12, and we've always recruited nationally. We'll have an improved presence in the Big10 states(already have two commits for this class) and the improved tv-coverage should help national recruiting. We already have signficantly more offers out in Florida than Texas. Things are evolving, we'll be fine.

Totally agree. That's why I don't understand why some of the national people bring this up. Heck I even saw a scouting report in athlon by an 'opposing coach' asking where Nebraska was going to recruit, wondering if Nebraska would be welcome in Texas and CALIFORNIA. California!!! What the heck does that have to do with leaving the big 12? That was the most bizarre & worthless scouting report that I have ever seen. I can't hardly believe that came from a coach.

The BTN is available in all 50 states. The move should only help recruiting, cuz if you play in the big 12 but not for stinkin' texazz, u ain't gonna be on TV

Not-sure-if-serious.jpg

Probably referencing the fact that the Longhorn Network that WE SWEAR WILL ONLY AIR ONE NONCONFERENCE GAME PER YEAR is now (already!) picking up at least one Big 12 conference game. What a difference a few months makes, eh?

Thank goodness we escaped that mess.

kinda funny. what you posted is great. Did anyone realize out of the 22 guys 7 are from Nebraska. And Just so you know I have drank the kool aid and think that we run the big ten this year. I put a grand down on the Huskers winning it all. PLEASE DO NOT FUMBLE INSIDE THE 20 THIS YEAR AND JUST PUNT. PLEASE. MY WIFE IS GOING TO FIND OUT IN NOVEMBER WHAT I DID WITH MY FUN MONEY. PLEASE STILL BE IN CONTENTION FOR IT.

• Fire 1

kinda funny. what you posted is great. Did anyone realize out of the 22 guys 7 are from Nebraska. And Just so you know I have drank the kool aid and think that we run the big ten this year. I put a grand down on the Huskers winning it all. PLEASE DO NOT FUMBLE INSIDE THE 20 THIS YEAR AND JUST PUNT. PLEASE. MY WIFE IS GOING TO FIND OUT IN NOVEMBER WHAT I DID WITH MY FUN MONEY. PLEASE STILL BE IN CONTENTION FOR IT.

Why didn't you just give that money to me. It'd go towards a better cause.

I think the best part of this post is not about Texas or any other state, it's that 7 starters are from Nebraska. Honestly, if I hadn't taken the time to read this post or think about it, I woulda said there were only 2 or 3 Nebraska kids starting on offense or defense. This just goes to show how good the current staff is at developing talent. I, for one, am freakin' thrilled to see 7 home-state boys holdin' it down! Who NEEDS any one particular state when you can develop guys so well?