2012 Presidential Campaign - Obama vs. Romney

• 1 month later...

Yeah, you're right. When the government stops people from murdering others, that automatically makes them "big government."

lol.

"Murdering."

A fetus has a beating heart as early as 4 weeks into the pregnancy. Abortion stops a beating heart. Hence, murder.

You might want to check your statutes. A beating heart is not mentioned in the elements of murder.

I do note that you have conceded that an abortion prior to your 4 week mark is ok because there is no beating heart. That's a start.

Well, maybe we can get you to agree that partial birth abortion is murder, that may be a start for you. :moreinteresting

Well, maybe we can get you to agree that partial birth abortion is murder, that may be a start for you. \

What term IDX?

I am opposed to elective abortions (unless medically necessary to save the life of the mother) after a certain point. That exact point is a bit of a gray area for me. Probably around the 28th week when it is possible to feel pain.

Looks like Mitt is It.

Santorum suspends campaign

Washington (CNN) -- Rick Santorum announced Tuesday that he is suspending his Republican presidential campaign after a weekend of "prayer and thought," effectively ceding the GOP nomination to Mitt Romney.

The former Pennsylvania senator made his announcement following the weekend hospitalization of his 3-year-old daughter Isabella.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we made the decision to get into this race around our kitchen table, against all the odds," Santorum said. "We made a decision over the weekend that while the presidential race for us is over, and I will suspend my campaign effective today, we are not done fighting."

The development means that Romney is now the certain GOP nominee to take on President Barack Obama in November, as Santorum was his main challenger. While Romney still needs to win several hundred delegates to clinch the nomination, Santorum's departure from the race leaves his path unhindered.

Gotta love the pic attached to this article:

SantorumWithdraws.jpg

As long as Romney chooses a good VP candidate it will be a tough battle this November. I would think Ron Paul would be a good VP candidate. Energize the young voters who love him. Plus it's probably the closest he will get to being President.

No VP is going to get Romney the presidency. The best thing a Veep candidate can do is not lose you the election. No Veep has ever won an election for their candidate - but some have lost, or nearly lost, the election for their candidate (Palin in 2008, Quayle in 1988). Romney is going to have to win this on his own, not based on a great Veep pick. If the Veep were so great, he'd be the candidate, not Romney.

Ron Paul's politics are so diametrically opposed to Romney's that they would be a train wreck of a ticket. Every time Paul opened his mouth he'd contradict his candidate, something you really don't want on the ticket.

I'd expect Marco Rubio to get the call. He could help Romney swing Florida, which Obama took in 08.

As long as Romney chooses a good VP candidate it will be a tough battle this November. I would think Ron Paul would be a good VP candidate. Energize the young voters who love him. Plus it's probably the closest he will get to being President.

No VP is going to get Romney the presidency. The best thing a Veep candidate can do is not lose you the election. No Veep has ever won an election for their candidate - but some have lost, or nearly lost, the election for their candidate (Palin in 2008, Quayle in 1988). Romney is going to have to win this on his own, not based on a great Veep pick. If the Veep were so great, he'd be the candidate, not Romney.

Ron Paul's politics are so diametrically opposed to Romney's that they would be a train wreck of a ticket. Every time Paul opened his mouth he'd contradict his candidate, something you really don't want on the ticket.

I'd expect Marco Rubio to get the call. He could help Romney swing Florida, which Obama took in 08.

My point was for him to pick someone people knew and not an unknown. The GOP really needs to draw young voters otherwise they just vote Democrat. They may be opposed but I would bet Paul would fall in line if picked. He would help Romney because he would be a stronger VP than Biden is and not cost him votes with gaffes that Biden seems to do. He would also help centralizing the voters and overlook the far right crazies that make independent voters stay away. The last thing the GOP needs is another VP that they have to introduce to America.

Marco Rubio isn't some unknown guy. How closely do you follow politics? :blink:

Not close. The fact that i don't know who the guy is is a problem enough with most voters who don't follow closely like me who make up the vast majority of voters. You want an unknown to a lot of people have about 3 months to get to know someone? that's just stupid. That was the exact problem with McCain selecting Palin and he got burned. She looked like an idiot to most and it just sunk his campaign even further. Obama was smart to pick a known person to run as VP even though he made gaffes it didn't cost him.