2012 Presidential Campaign - Obama vs. Romney

I believe these words came from the Pokemon movie...

"Pikka pikka. Picachu."

[Applause]

Haha! Really, I think whether or not you agree with President Obama on policy, it is just so extraordinarily difficult to even take anybody in the Republican field seriously right now. The times Obama inherited have been very tough. But this comical buffoonery on the other side, that's not inherited.

I'm starting to hope that Ron Paul gets the Republican nomination, but that's not gonna happen.

I was going to make a third statement, but...hm. Republicans, Ron Paul....eh. EPAJKLOL. I don't got it. Oops.

• Fire 1

Most teenagers are still idealist. that's their problem. The only reason youth vote was out last time was because Obama promised change and they were stupid enough to believe that, this won't happen this time around. I can't even think of anything of significance that Obama has done. I guess killing Osama but no one cares anymore about that. We went through 8 years of Bush do we really want another 4 with Obama? I sure as hell don't and would welcome a change.

Being an idealist is not a problem. Problems with the electorate arise when people forget their ideals and settle for garbage. Time will tell if the youth show up to vote again.

Bush was terrible, but neither Gore/Lieberman nor Kerry were worth a darn. Obama has turned out to be a clone of past neoliberal Dlue Dog type Democrats. I don't want any more Obama either, but the Republicans are so much worst.

Like i said before about Bush even if you don't agree he was effective in getting stuff passed. Doing something is a whole hell of a lot better than nothing. Blue Dog Democrats are conservative portion of Democrats would economically side with Republicans. They were the reason when the Democrats had a super majority it amounted to nothing.

I strongly disagree, doing bad things to America is far worse than doing nothing.

Blue Dogs are pro-Wall Street foreign policy hawks.

Cain over Obama in recent hypothetical national election poll.

http://www.rasmussen...ential_matchups

Very early for these to mean much, but interesting trends nonetheless.

If it were Cain vs Obama in the general election, I would bet the ranch on Obama.

Amazing what two months and five allegations of scandal can do.

I would have made the bet before all that.

Haha! Really, I think whether or not you agree with President Obama on policy, it is just so extraordinarily difficult to even take anybody in the Republican field seriously right now. The times Obama inherited have been very tough. But this comical buffoonery on the other side, that's not inherited.

+1

The bold is well-stated.

Ron Paul 2012. Do it.

:yeah

I don't understand why so many people are so afraid of his policies. Is common sense really that extreme these days?

Common sense is all relative, many believe it should be common sense to balance the budget. Many social policies are common sense to each side of the debate. In this day and age I do not believe there is any common sense but only partisan rhetoric. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Common sense is all relative, many believe it should be common sense to balance the budget. Many social policies are common sense to each side of the debate. In this day and age I do not believe there is any common sense but only partisan rhetoric.

Why is a balanced budget common sense? I am most interested to hear an argument from a Ron Paul supporter, or anyone else really, enumerating specific benefits of a balanced federal budget via spending cuts. Or even better, why immediate large spending cuts reaching for an arbitrary goal (like a balanced budget) would be more beneficial than large short term debt with a sustainable long term debt trajectory. That latter of which, coincidentally of course, is Obama's position.

Ron Paul 2012. Do it.

:yeah

I don't understand why so many people are so afraid of his policies. Is common sense really that extreme these days?

Common sense is all relative, many believe it should be common sense to balance the budget. Many social policies are common sense to each side of the debate. In this day and age I do not believe there is any common sense but only partisan rhetoric. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Reagan didn't have common sense.

Common sense is all relative, many believe it should be common sense to balance the budget. Many social policies are common sense to each side of the debate. In this day and age I do not believe there is any common sense but only partisan rhetoric.

Why is a balanced budget common sense? I am most interested to hear an argument from a Ron Paul supporter, or anyone else really, enumerating specific benefits of a balanced federal budget via spending cuts. Or even better, why immediate large spending cuts reaching for an arbitrary goal (like a balanced budget) would be more beneficial than large short term debt with a sustainable long term debt trajectory. That latter of which, coincidentally of course, is Obama's position.

And I would like to hear any other republican candidate supporter's reasons to how they would balance the budget.

Typical run of the mill hasn't balanced the budget. We're only doomed to follow the same line with the same process of thought.

And I would like to hear any other republican candidate supporter's reasons to how they would balance the budget.

Typical run of the mill hasn't balanced the budget. We're only doomed to follow the same line with the same process of thought.

Actually, Bill Clinton more than balanced the budget.

Obama rarely if ever acts on his stated positions... he compromises by giving the Republicans nearly all they (and his donors) want.

I guess I'm not up to snuff on politics, but wasn't Bill Clinton a little different than the run of the mill?

I guess I'm not up to snuff on politics, but wasn't Bill Clinton a little different than the run of the mill?

I suppose it depends on your definition.