2012 Presidential Campaign - Obama vs. Romney

I'd figure I'd bump this back to the top.

There is one thing Ron Paul has that all the other candidates don't. Support of the youth.

I support a lot of the things that Paul advocates. Plus, I respect him because he seems mostly consistent and honest. (Other than bringing home the pork for his district of course.)

The Koch Brothers are amateurs compared to Soros. I don't have any movie from the 80's to compare him to.

That is true.

MoveOn is a well-oiled political machine and it runs on George Soros' money.

MoveOn is Obama's main astroturf fund raising apparatus, and Soros is Wall Street.

If you really listen to Paul, or any of the hard line libertarians, solutions for every problem are obfuscated with rhetoric that sounds reasonable but rarely (if ever) has any demonstrated efficacy.

Neither Libertarian nor Progressive "rhetoric" is tested, because they do not follow corporate interests, and have not been in power.

What the GOP is offering is probably the worst group of candidates I've ever seen. It's like a surreal circus where each candidate is tripping over each other in an attempt to out-crazy everyone else. I think Romney is probably the only one with any chance whatsoever to beat Obama, but Republicans don't seem to care for him too much and would apparently prefer giving the primary to one of the crazies.

Obama won't have much trouble running circles around these idiots, and will probably win the election.

I agree, it's comical to watch, but sad at the same time. This is the best we can come up with as a country?! I'm primarily a democrat, but I've voted republican before so I should be an independent. It seems like the proverbial **** is gonna hit the fan in this country and we are gonna go straight down the toilet.

Obama is pretty much done. He tries to please everyone and in the end pleases no one. He had a supermajority for his first 2 years and nothing got passed because democrats are too divided. That's one thing you have to admire about republicans. Whether you agree with his policies or not, W got stuff passed.

There is one thing Ron Paul has that all the other candidates don't. Support of the youth.

Yeah but the youth aren't consistent voters. Frankly it doesn't matter.

The youth vote can no longer be taken for granted that it won't turn out. I have two children in college, and both have said there is alot of interest on their campuses. In the past it was assumed that there would be jobs for most graduates, but not any more. The best way to stop group apathy is to threaten that group.

Obama is pretty much done. He tries to please everyone and in the end pleases no one.

Obama has tried to please nobody but Wall Street with his actions. His words have tried the please the left, who he had screwed over with his actions.

He would be done... if his principal opponents weren't limited to trolls and cretins, and if he wasn't swimming in Wall Street money.

He had a supermajority for his first 2 years and nothing got passed because democrats are too divided. That's one thing you have to admire about republicans. Whether you agree with his policies or not, W got stuff passed.

The Republicans pretty much vote lock-step with each other. The Democrat Party is split between Wall Street neoliberals and Progressives.

Dubya got stuff done that was terrible for America, because the Blue Dog Democrats sided with the Republicans over the Progressive Democrats.

Yeah but the youth aren't consistent voters. Frankly it doesn't matter.

The youth vote can no longer be taken for granted that it won't turn out. I have two children in college, and both have said there is alot of interest on their campuses. In the past it was assumed that there would be jobs for most graduates, but not any more. The best way to stop group apathy is to threaten that group.

Obama is pretty much done. He tries to please everyone and in the end pleases no one.

Obama has tried to please nobody but Wall Street with his actions. His words have tried the please the left, who he had screwed over with his actions.

He would be done... if his principal opponents weren't limited to trolls and cretins, and if he wasn't swimming in Wall Street money.

He had a supermajority for his first 2 years and nothing got passed because democrats are too divided. That's one thing you have to admire about republicans. Whether you agree with his policies or not, W got stuff passed.

The Republicans pretty much vote lock-step with each other. The Democrat Party is split between Wall Street neoliberals and Progressives.

Dubya got stuff done that was terrible for America, because the Blue Dog Democrats sided with the Republicans over the Progressive Democrats.

Most teenagers are still idealist. that's their problem. The only reason youth vote was out last time was because Obama promised change and they were stupid enough to believe that, this won't happen this time around. I can't even think of anything of significance that Obama has done. I guess killing Osama but no one cares anymore about that. We went through 8 years of Bush do we really want another 4 with Obama? I sure as hell don't and would welcome a change.

Like i said before about Bush even if you don't agree he was effective in getting stuff passed. Doing something is a whole hell of a lot better than nothing. Blue Dog Democrats are conservative portion of Democrats would economically side with Republicans. They were the reason when the Democrats had a super majority it amounted to nothing.