2012 Presidential Campaign - Obama vs. Romney

Obama will probably win the election, because Americans will settle for ineffective over crazy.

Can't say that I disagree. We will see.

But ineffective is because of the crazy.

Had crazy not been around and "real" Republicans been in those seats, you would have seen a $4 trillion deficit reduction, the closing of tax loopholes, a debt ceiling increase, and a certain end to the Bush Tax cuts (which in of itself will reduce the deficit by trillions). Obama would have gotten the Democrats to fall in line behind it, and both Obama and the Republican (non-derp) Congress come out as adults that can fix problems.

Ma and Pa Kettle (that hasn't been tainted by derp) realize this, and the polls show this realization as well. Unless the Republicans drop the Tea Party like a bad habit, "regular" Republicans will be dragged down in 2012 by their extremist party interlopers.

First of all, "derp" is the dumbest f'ing thing I've heard of in a while. Don't be afraid to use the english language.

If that's the dumbest thing you've heard of in a while, then you haven't been using the internet properly.

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's sad to see how the media drubs up who the top candidates are...Rick Perry, a Texas cheer leader responsible for creating the debt which Texas is currently in, or the constantly flip flopping depending on who pays me more Mitt Romney. And why are they promoting these two? Because they "look" the part of President. Since when did the Presidential race turn into Miss America? Ron Paul is the most reasonable and steadfast in his views candidate out of all of them. And he would be the only one to beat Obama.

It's sad to see how the media drubs up who the top candidates are...Rick Perry, a Texas cheer leader responsible for creating the debt which Texas is currently in, or the constantly flip flopping depending on who pays me more Mitt Romney. And why are they promoting these two? Because they "look" the part of President. Since when did the Presidential race turn into Miss America? Ron Paul is the most reasonable and steadfast in his views candidate out of all of them. And he would be the only one to beat Obama.

I agree with everything that you said except for the bolded parts.

Obama's probably going to win for the simple fact that by the time the Republicans are finished ripping each other apart, they'll have made themselves look like dumbasses, while Obama can sit back rebuke what is claimed against him, and coast in.

He's not going to get elected because he's a great president, but because the opposition look like a bunch of monkey's trying to f*ck a football.

What the GOP is offering is probably the worst group of candidates I've ever seen. It's like a surreal circus where each candidate is tripping over each other in an attempt to out-crazy everyone else. I think Romney is probably the only one with any chance whatsoever to beat Obama, but Republicans don't seem to care for him too much and would apparently prefer giving the primary to one of the crazies.

Obama won't have much trouble running circles around these idiots, and will probably win the election.

When Ron Paul is the most reasonable candidate your party can muster, you know it's a sad day.

Does this Republican field remind anyone of the Democrat challengers to Bush in 2004? Bush was weak because of his warmongering, he'd squandered all of the good will we'd built with the world through 9/11 sympathy, the economy was swirling down the drain, debt was skyrocketing, and the Democrats controlled the House and Senate, if I recall correctly, yet Bush defeated a very weak challenge from Kerry, who was about as electable as a wet paper sack.

Fast-forward eight years and we have a very similar setup with the GOP - a president vulnerable because of jobs and the economy and wars and lack of congressional support, but without a serious challenger. It's not 1:1 similar, but it's pretty similar.

The Republicans are going to nominate the wrong guy, and Obama will steam roll him.

I'm not convinced. I'm thoroughly unimpressed by the GOP field but the economy might very well end in an Obama reelection defeat. The longer the recovery takes the better the GOP candidates chances are. I can say one thing for certain . . . I don't like when one political party has an incentive to stall the recovery.