Official HB Good Beer Thread

Back on the NB Trippel. Really starting to love this stuff.

And I saw on the last page you had mentioned NB Abbey as well. To me, if Abbey's on sale at no more than $7.00 it's probably the best beer for the money I've ever had. My beer palette has really grown into the Belgian style ales. NB Abbey is just plain great. Glad to see others enjoying it as well.

I also see a few comments up you were hesitant about ABV's of 9%. Have you tried them and don't like them?

NB Trippel is at 7.80%, I believe. NB Abbey is 7%. The jump feels like a lot until the strong flavor of the alcohol content sort of becomes the element of the flavor itself, you know?

Back on the NB Trippel. Really starting to love this stuff.

And I saw on the last page you had mentioned NB Abbey as well. To me, if Abbey's on sale at no more than $7.00 it's probably the best beer for the money I've ever had. My beer palette has really grown into the Belgian style ales. NB Abbey is just plain great. Glad to see others enjoying it as well.

I also see a few comments up you were hesitant about ABV's of 9%. Have you tried them and don't like them?

NB Trippel is at 7.80%, I believe. NB Abbey is 7%. The jump feels like a lot until the strong flavor of the alcohol content sort of becomes the element of the flavor itself, you know?

Abbey is my favorite. The 9% ABV was in reference to a beer kit I was thinking of buying for home brewing. I will probably buy it a little later on. I want to make sure I know what I'm doing first. :D

I was just coming on here to recommend this - this stuff is pretty excellent. Good brand right there.

abt12.jpg

On tap in downtown Omaha at Havana's cigar lounge.

I will definately have to hunt down the Christmas version. Maybe Crescent Moon...

ABT 12 is always a good choice. It's almost always on tap at Max and Joes/Crescent Moon and is also often on tap at Jakes.

That stuff will get you in trouble. It's entirely too drinkable for a 10%ABV beer.

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

I missed that post of yours from the 26th, carl. I can't remember if you're in Lincoln, but where did you pick up that Claymore Scotch Ale? I guess I need to try The Still.

MLB, did you end up trying that dubbel you posted above?

No. I had too many New Belgian Abbeys. I'll let you know when I pop the cork though. Probably Thursday.

Nice. Hyvee had New Belgium 6 packs on sale for $4.99. Picked up Fat Tire and Abbey. Pretty much made my weekend.

Damn. I'm paying almost $8 per 6-pack.

I know a guy that works at Hyvee liquor on O st. I went in at about 10pm that Thursday night and they were out of EVERYTHING. He looked like he had spent the last 6 months in an asylum.

Ha, that's pretty funny, Lyons. I should have bought more.

MLB, it was a "get 'em in the store so they'll buy something else" type of a sale, definitely not typical. $7.00 or $8.00 is normally about right.

. . . where did you pick up that Claymore Scotch Ale? I guess I need to try The Still.

IIRC, N Street usually carries the Great Divide beers. They don't always have them in the cooler but they usually had them warm on the shelf.

Definitely worth the time and money if you can find it.

Very nice! Hoping to look for some very soon there, then. N Street would be right on the way home from work.