Official HB Good Beer Thread

over the holidays, I had some of the Sam Adams "White Christmas", stuff was pretty good

Wanted to try that. Never could find it though.

if you stumble across it, it's definitely worth it...

It's good enough that, my wife liked it... she hates beer..

The only place I found it was in the Winter Sampler 12-pack. It was quite tasty though!

over the holidays, I had some of the Sam Adams "White Christmas", stuff was pretty good

Wanted to try that. Never could find it though.

if you stumble across it, it's definitely worth it...

It's good enough that, my wife liked it... she hates beer..

The only place I found it was in the Winter Sampler 12-pack. It was quite tasty though!

I lucked out by getting into a conversation about beer with the manager of the local liquor store. He'd stashed 3 six packs but had one left over, asked me if I wanted it, and I said hell yeah...

Couple of holiday beers that helped put up the xmas tree:

post-6882-0-16940600-1354841649.jpg

Seals of approval all around.

I have actually had that cherry lambic before. It's awesome!

My two favorite types of beer are fruit beers like that, and ciders (if you consider that beer). Can't go wrong with a cider.

We have had this conversation before. It ain't cool to add fruit to your beer. :lol:

• Fire 1

abbey-glass_1280.pngGonna try this latter tonight.

Not too bad. Not overly impressed though. A little sour for my taste.

It's kind of interesting...when a friend got me started roughly a year ago on the Belgian style ales, I started liking them right away. But at this point, I find that New Belgium Abbey is one of my main "go-to" beers, and when I really want to treat myself I pick up a bottle of Chimay (or possibly another Trappist ale). But it seems like so many of the specialty 750ml singles that I pick up are pretty, I don't know, just "meh." I end up asking myself why I didn't spend the $7.00-$8.00 on a sixer of NB Abbey. :)

The first time I tried NB Abbey, my very first impression was that it was an attempt to copy Chimay Red. Which I loved. Now that I've had more of it, it tastes less like Chimay to me, but is still delicious. I could drink Abbey and Fat Tire any day of the week.

I still need to try that Claymore Scotch Ale that carlfense recommended.