Is this a wake-up call for Congress?

New poll hints Congress could see a shake-up in 2012

In a sign of how perilous the ongoing partisan gridlock could be for both parties in Washington, a new poll finds that just 30 percent of Americans are willing to re-elect their current member of Congress.

According to a new ABC News/Washington Post poll, 63 percent of those surveyed say they are inclined to "look around" for someone new to elect. That's the highest anti-incumbency number ever recorded in the poll, which dates back to 1989.

By comparison, roughly half of Americans said they were looking to new candidates ahead of the 2010 midterms, when Republicans claimed 63 new seats in Congress and regained majority control of the House.

The latest poll would seem most perilous to Republicans, since they hold more seats in the House. More broadly, however, the survey underlines just how little esteem the country holds for sitting lawmakers from either major party in Congress.

Still pollster Gary Langer writes in an analysis of the poll that anti-incumbency is particularly high among Democrats, "a possible sign they are stirring as they did not in 2010."

It. Is. About. Time.

Anyone watching that [censored] circus over the debt ceiling/budget the last few weeks HAS TO realize how little these "representatives" care for the American people. It is not OK for these idiots to ruin my financial future because they want to have a pissing match. I don't care which side of the aisle they're on, they're all representing us very poorly.

Do not forget who held you hostage during this bickering over the debt ceiling when the 2012 elections come around. It wasn't the Republicans. It wasn't the Democrats. It was ALL OF THEM.

• Fire 1

It. Is. About. Time.

Anyone watching that [censored] circus over the debt ceiling/budget the last few weeks HAS TO realize how little these "representatives" care for the American people. It is not OK for these idiots to ruin my financial future because they want to have a pissing match. I don't care which side of the aisle they're on, they're all representing us very poorly.

Do not forget who held you hostage during this bickering over the debt ceiling when the 2012 elections come around. It wasn't the Republicans. It wasn't the Democrats. It was ALL OF THEM.

Goddamn right...

When do you think the last time one of the overpaid bullsh*t artist actually cared about their constituents?? If they did, they'd be doing something for the good of the country, not because they want to make the other guys look like douchebags...

they're doing good enough jobs of doing that themselves...

Everyone hated Congress 2 years ago, also, and now we have a bunch of idiot tea partiers in office. And yes, both sides can share blame, but the GOP (and tea partiers) have just gone insane. These a$$hole$ don't want to compromise, they want to beat the NO TAXES drum and do everything possible to get Obama out of office.

That's great that the population is unhappy and wants new faces, but I have no faith in the general public to vote in new competent people. Politics in this country has turned into an embarrassing side show, and the crazies are the ones getting all the hype and attention. We have the government we deserve.

Neither side is worth a sh#t, and by that, I do mean everybody.

Doesn't matter if their "tea party'ers" or teatotallers. If you think anyone in Washington gives a damn about you, you seriously diluted. You are a vote to them, to keep them in their over privileged lifestyles.

GOP and the Tea Partiers have lost their freaking minds.....Stephen Colbert said it the best when They are holding the Economy hostage and threatening to shoot it in the face if we dont give in to every demand. I agree that most of the public is incompetent to actually vote a good person in there.

GOP and the Tea Partiers have lost their freaking minds.....Stephen Colbert said it the best when They are holding the Economy hostage and threatening to shoot it in the face if we dont give in to every demand. I agree that most of the public is incompetent to actually vote a good person in there.

See, this is what cracks me up.

One side always blaming the other. It's like watching retarded 2nd graders fight over a toy.

Everyone hated Congress 2 years ago, also, and now we have a bunch of idiot tea partiers in office. And yes, both sides can share blame, but the GOP (and tea partiers) have just gone insane. These a$$hole$ don't want to compromise, they want to beat the NO TAXES drum and do everything possible to get Obama out of office.

That's great that the population is unhappy and wants new faces, but I have no faith in the general public to vote in new competent people. Politics in this country has turned into an embarrassing side show, and the crazies are the ones getting all the hype and attention. We have the government we deserve.

The tea party 'platform'––if you can call it that––is the same now as it was when the candidates were running. They've pretty much said what they're going to do all along.

When one side obviously isn't willing to compromise, I think it's pretty fair to call them out on it.

Who decides what a compromise is? You?

Don't we all decide what a compromise is? I'm sure there are those out there who think the GOP isn't compromising at all, and some who think Obama isn't. Depends on how you see the situation, doesn't it?

When one side obviously isn't willing to compromise, I think it's pretty fair to call them out on it.

Don't we all decide what a compromise is? I'm sure there are those out there who think the GOP isn't compromising at all, and some who think Obama isn't. Depends on how you see the situation, doesn't it?

My point exactly!

A compromise is each side getting something they want and giving up on other things. Tell me how exactly the GOP has been willing to compromise? I'm curious.

A compromise is each side getting something they want and giving up on other things. Tell me how exactly the GOP has been willing to compromise? I'm curious.

If you are being easily led, by both sides...

walltrauma2.jpg