Obsessed?

Just curious. When was the last time missouri/iowa state/kansas/kansas state/colorado won their conference or went to a BCS game? For that matter, when was the last time that Nebraska won the conference or went to a BCS game?

I will grant you the fact that the last BCS game you went to was indeed the MNC game, but come on - you didn't even win your division that year.

Colorado won the conference in 2001, KSU won it in 2003, Kansas won their BCS bowl in 2007, while Missouri won the north division twice in the last 4 years and has become a consistent top 25 program.

The Big 12 was not an easy conference - with Nebraska in it, it was tougher than the Big Ten. The Big 12 has 3 teams in the top ten this year, while the Big Ten has 2 in the top 15, and one of them is Nebraska. As tough as this year's schedule looks, it's not going to be much tougher than last year when we played Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma State, Missouri, and Texas A&M.

You're not going to have any more 3-way ties for conference champion in the Big Ten (in the last 10 years, the Big Ten has had 16 conference champions. If the Big 12 determined champions the same way the Big Ten did, Nebraska would have as many conference championships as Iowa in the past 10 years). The Big 12 had multiple national title contenders knocked out of contention because of a game that the Big Ten didn't have to play (the conference championship - Nebraska was knocked out in 1996, Kansas State in 1998, Texas in 2001, and Oklahoma in 2003).

I hate the Big 12 as much as any Husker fan, but that conference had a lot of good football teams in it, and since its formation it has won more national championships than any other conference except for the SEC. I get tired of hearing about how Nebraska doesn't know what it's in for now that it's in the "tough, phycial, superior Big Ten." The Big 12 was a crappy conference that played outstanding football and had just as many 800+ win programs as the pre-Nebraska Big Ten did.

You are going by pre-season polls? How cute. Missery was beat by Iowa running 3,4, and 5 deep in spots. Give me a break, They were ducking us for years, and finally we got to show them what it's like to play with the big boys. Even if we were that deep. Nice part was we got to see who's next in line.

What it's like to play with the big boys? You beat them by 3 points. You shouldn't even have been playing Missouri - you should have been playing us. The only reason you weren't was because the Big 12 didn't want a Big Ten preview.

Sorry, if they did that. Only time I have ever given a %$#$ about nebraska, was if we played, when we wanted to get a game between us, and now that you are B10. There was a big push in Iowa for several years to get Nebraska sheduled, I dont think the schools ever even discussed it, but reguardless alot of fans felt like we were being ducked. Missery did it to us. Now we have to pay over a mill just to get some non con games. Again if anyone was an azz for no reason, sorry. I cant speak for anyone else but myself.

Funniest thing I have read on this board in ages!!!!! :laughpound:LOLtartar:laughpound:LOLtartar:laughpound

Hell, I almost threw ya a +1 for making me laugh so hard.

TO be honest the only "ducking" or deaf ear to the matter of scheduling a home/home came from east of the Missouri. Has NU been ducking Iowa since this????

Pretty sure that is a negative ghost rider.

Yeah like KF's second year here. Oh how the tables have turned huh? We wanted you guys for 5 or 6 years now. Pry about the time KF was playing with all the kids he recruited.

Oh how the tables have turned? Nebraska's not only the favorite for the Legends decision, they're the unofficial favorite to win the entire conference. What are you talking about?

• Fire 1

Wanna bet on what teams are ranked where by the end of the season?? Pre season polls are just stupid. Yeah we beat them by 3 (like I said up to 5 deep). The reason we played them is because they were ranked higher than you, (hows that happen?)

Now you do get a +1 because this might be the dumbest thing I have ever read on the history of this board. Ranks right there with HuskerJen's womanly features.

Congrats, I now cede all threads to you and realize that NU is nothing more than a patsy that won't play any tough teams such as the almighty Hawkeyes.

Wanna bet on what teams are ranked where by the end of the season?? Pre season polls are just stupid. Yeah we beat them by 3 (like I said up to 5 deep). The reason we played them is because they were ranked higher than you, (hows that happen?)

No. Like I said, you played them because the Big 12 didn't want a Big Ten preview in the Insight Bowl. The only reason that Missouri was ranked ahead of us was because we beat them - therefore, we played in the conference championship instead of them, which we lost against Oklahoma by 3 points. Missouri didn't have to play that extra game.

Like I said earlier, there are negative consequences to having a conference championship game that the Big Ten doesn't understand yet. That's an extra game that two teams have to play which no one else does. The loser can get knocked out of a BCS game or the MNC game. Last year, Nebraska beat Missouri, was the north division champ, and had the same record as Oklahoma going into the game. As a result of losing by a field goal, they dropped in the rankings below several teams they had already beaten. Essentially, Nebraska was punished for winning its division.

Anyways, after doing some research, I find it kind of funny that Iowa lays claim to two conference championships over the past decade. In 2002, both Ohio State and Iowa finished 8-0 in conference play. Iowa finished 11-2, OSU 14-0 and won the national championship.. If those teams had played in the Big 12, "co-champions" wouldn't have been possible. Iowa also claims Big Ten championship in 2004, when Iowa and Michigan were both 7-1, even though Michigan owned the tie-breaker over Iowa.

Seriously, if you want to argue about which team has been better lately - don't bring those up. Nebraska's last conference championship was in 1999, but at least it was legitimate.

• Fire 2

The reason we played them is because they were ranked higher than you, (hows that happen?)

Where do you get your facts from? We were suppose to be at the insight bowl. We even turned down another bowl because of this reason. Unfortunately for us, Bebe declared his superiority and said NO to this because he knew that the commentators would only be talking about the Big10 and nothing for the Big12 since the move of NU was happening.

edit: Hercules beat me to it.

Now you do get a +1 because this might be the dumbest thing I have ever read on the history of this board. Ranks right there with HuskerJen's womanly features.

Congrats, I now cede all threads to you and realize that NU is nothing more than a patsy that won't play any tough teams such as the almighty Hawkeyes.

Never said that. You guys just want to argue over here. They had 2 losses, how many did you have? Yes they were ranked higher than you by a few spots. What do you not understand about that? The Insight bowl selects 4th in the B12 and 4th to 5th in the B10, the Holiday bowl selects 5th in the B12, which means they took Missery before you. Still with me? So the B12 selected Missery to represent the B12 at the 4th spot and Nebraska at the 5th spot. Iowa even being 8-5 or something was seleted from the B10. Then we beat them even thou we were so deep, because of injuries. So yes an 8-5 B10 team (who was banged up) beat a 2 loss (15th ranked????) B12 team. Still there?

Now these bowls are put on and owned by other people outside of football, yes they have contracts with confs, but they do the selection of teams and are not in it to lose money. Do you honestly think they just let millions and millions of dollars go, because they didnt want a "preview"? My god you need help, I am no doctor but I think they call what you have delusional disorder.

The following can indicate a delusion:[5]

1.The patient expresses an idea or belief with unusual persistence or force.

2.That idea appears to exert an undue influence on the patient's life, and the way of life is often altered to an inexplicable extent.

3.Despite his/her profound conviction, there is often a quality of secretiveness or suspicion when the patient is questioned about it.

4.The individual tends to be humorless and oversensitive, especially about the belief.

5.There is a quality of centrality: no matter how unlikely it is that these strange things are happening to him, the patient accepts them relatively unquestioningly.

6.An attempt to contradict the belief is likely to arouse an inappropriately strong emotional reaction, often with irritability and hostility.

7.The belief is, at the least, unlikely, and out of keeping with the patient's social, cultural and religious background.

8.The patient is emotionally over-invested in the idea and it overwhelms other elements of their psyche.

9.The delusion, if acted out, often leads to behaviors which are abnormal and/or out of character, although perhaps understandable in the light of the delusional beliefs.

10.Individuals who know the patient observe that the belief and behavior are uncharacteristic and alien

• Fire 1

The Insight Bowl has a business relationship with the Big 12 which would have been damaged had they taken Nebraska instead of Missouri. The Big 12 did not want a Big Ten preview, and the Big 12 did not lose any money by sending Missouri instead of Nebraska.

Nebraska was not the #5 team in the conference. Nebraska beat Missouri much worse than Iowa beat Missouri. Nebraska had the same number of losses as Missouri did before the Big 12 championship, and held the tiebreaker which is why Nebraska won the division that both Nebraska and Missouri played in, and why Nebraska had to play one extra game that Missouri didn't have to. I don't know what I can do to explain this any differently so that you will understand it.

I don't know what I can do to explain this any differently so that you will understand it.

Probably futile, but I might try anyhow.

Never said that. You guys just want to argue over here. They had 2 losses, how many did you have? Yes they were ranked higher than you by a few spots. What do you not understand about that? The Insight bowl selects 4th in the B12 and 4th to 5th in the B10, the Holiday bowl selects 5th in the B12, which means they took Missery before you. Still with me? So the B12 selected Missery to represent the B12 at the 4th spot and Nebraska at the 5th spot. Iowa even being 8-5 or something was seleted from the B10. Then we beat them even thou we were so deep, because of injuries. So yes an 8-5 B10 team (who was banged up) beat a 2 loss (15th ranked????) B12 team. Still there?

The big 12 was a 5 way tie. The Insight had the choice of Nebraska or Missouri when their turn came around. Nebraska didn't slip below Missouri in the standings because of the Big 12 championship game. That loss counted as part of the overall record, not the conference record. The Insight Bowl (and pretty much everyone but Missouri) would have preferred Nebraska for obvious reasons, but they had to please the conference they have ties with. That conference did not want to help hype the Big 10. The rankings do not force them to pick a specific team. There is nothing in any contract that says they have to pick the team that has the highest ranking in the poll.

The Insight Bowl has a business relationship with the Big 12 which would have been damaged had they taken Nebraska instead of Missouri. The Big 12 did not want a Big Ten preview, and the Big 12 did not lose any money by sending Missouri instead of Nebraska.

Nebraska was not the #5 team in the conference. Nebraska beat Missouri much worse than Iowa beat Missouri. Nebraska had the same number of losses as Missouri did before the Big 12 championship, and held the tiebreaker which is why Nebraska won the division that both Nebraska and Missouri played in, and why Nebraska had to play one extra game that Missouri didn't have to. I don't know what I can do to explain this any differently so that you will understand it.

Ok so you are saying it was a conspiracy, I understand. It would have to be, taking a higher ranked team ahead of Nebraska, ofcourse what was I thinking? Dang bowls conspired with the B12 to keep Nebraska lower than Missery. Even thou this "B10 preview" you speak of was against one B10 team. Hmmmmm, I guess if we are going to go on conspiracy theories, I'll throw this one out there. Nebraska told the B12, dont put us against Iowa, let us play Wash again "we just know we can beat them again". My your right that is fun.:)

I am sure you are right that the B12 had it in the contract "no B10 preview" and the bowls decided, meh lets lose millions and millions of dollars.

Ok so you are saying it was a conspiracy, I understand. It would have to be, taking a higher ranked team ahead of Nebraska, ofcourse what was I thinking? Dang bowls conspired with the B12 to keep Nebraska lower than Missery. Even thou this "B10 preview" you speak of was against one B10 team. Hmmmmm, I guess if we are going to go on conspiracy theories, I'll throw this one out there. Nebraska told the B12, dont put us against Iowa, let us play Wash again "we just know we can beat them again". My your right that is fun.:)

There is no conspiracy. Just logic. The Insight Bowl lost millions of $ in picking Missouri. Since they aren't forced to pick the higher rated team, it's intuitively obvious that they were influenced by the Big 12 into picking Missouri. Let me give you some arguments that you may understand better, since you don't seem to understand logic when it's from here. Straight from the denizens of HawkeyeNation:

So the Insight Bowl chose not to have Iowa/Nebreska nice decision way cost yourself a ton of money.

So Nebreska gets to go to the Holiday bowl for the second straight year and gets to play an opponet they played earlier this season. HMMM...kind of smells like a F U parting gift from the big 12.

Yes, I think it was a parting gift from Big 12...they didnt want a Big Ten infomercial in Insight, and they wanted to screw Nebraska
This is the reason why the Insight Bowl will ALWAYS be a sub par bowl. They have a chance to bring real interest and a possible sell out with Nebraska to no interest and the stadium half full with Missouri. What a joke.
This is why the ncaa and bowl selection system is corrupt...similar to them forcing TCU-Boise game in fiesta last year, instead of them each playing bcs-conference schools.
And like I said before whoever was in charge of this decision shouldn't have a freakin job tomorrow, somebody just cost the city of Phoenix thousands if not millions of dollars.
True, this year, but we can all be assured, can't we, that the Insight is choosing Mizzou BECAUSE THEY WILL MAKE MORE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN by keeping its relationship with the Big 12. Remember, THE WHOLE MIZZOU TO THE BIG TEN FIASCO started because the Insight insulted Mizzou last year, and you can be sure Dan Beebe reminded them of that.
Hmm. I don't know. If this is true... that bowl really messed up. There is a lot less interest in an Iowa-Missouri game than a Iowa-Nebraska game. If the B12 stepped in and influenced a decision to pick Missouri over Nebraska that is foul.
That's really what blows my mind...that the Big12 can make/influence a decision like that for the bowl reps. Are you kidding me?! I thought that was one of the big things with these bowl selections, bringing money into the local economy. So Beebe is so hung on huskers leaving for big ten, that he just nixed an IA-NEB matchup. What a crock of sh*t

All from Hawkeye fans. Let me try to rehash one more time.

• The Insight lost millions of dollars
  • The Insight does not have to take the higher poll team
  • Missouri and Nebraska had the same standing in the Big 12

Intuitively obvious conclusion: The Insight was "influenced" by the Big 12 not wanting to hype the new version of the Big 10.

• Fire 1

•The Insight lost millions of dollars

•The Insight does not have to take the higher poll team

•Missouri and Nebraska had the same standing in the Big 12

Intuitively obvious conclusion: The Insight was "influenced" by the Big 12 not wanting to hype the new version of the Big 10.

I know I know, I read all about it. The refs cost you some games, the B12 and the bowls conspired against Nebraska. The B10 is doing it by giving you a "brutal" schedule, (or as us B10 teams call it a normal one). I know, I know......

The point about them being higher ranked than you had nothing to do with bowl selection (uh I know that), point is they were higher ranked because they were the better team (even thou you beat them). I understand you beat a top 10 ranked team for the first time in 13 meetings with a top 10 ranked team. I understand you scored no more than 7 after the first Q. I understand they had more first downs and only 100 less yards. I understand they had a 36% 3rd down conversion rate. I understand you guys had an 18% 3rd down conversion rate. I KNOW....................................

• Fire 1

I could obviously say a number of different things here - for instance, I could say that Nebraska was ranked lower than Missouri because of the reactionary nature of the human polls, or I could refute your obviously flawless logic in claiming that Missouri was better than Nebraska even though Nebraska beat Missouri by also claiming that Missouri was better than Iowa even though Iowa beat Missouri.

I could make those arguments, but obviously that display of rational thought would have no effect on you. Instead, I'll just leave you with this:

OTNINPXNRTICNFM.20090831210114.jpg

The point about them being higher ranked than you had nothing to do with bowl selection (uh I know that), point is they were higher ranked because they were the better team

Nice segue. You are hopeless. No one in this entire thread, including you, has even discussed whether Missouri was better than Nebraska. It's completely off topic, unless you are trying (with your poor English skills) to say that the Insight Bowl picked Missouri because they are better than Nebraska. Bowls couldn't care less about how good a team is when choosing. It's about money, the conference they're aligned with, and whether the team is eligible.

[Missouri] being higher ranked than [Nebraska] had nothing to do with bowl selection
The reason [iowa] played [Missouri] is because they were ranked higher than [Nebraska]

them being higher ranked than you had nothing to do with bowl selection
The reason we played them is because they were ranked higher than you
  • Fire 2