Beck: Dont get something to eat when the O has the ball

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205240484

Q: You've kept the wraps on your new offense. What can fans expect when it's unveiled against Tennessee-Chattanooga and how it might evolve by the time you hit the Big Ten schedule?

A: It's really hard to explain the philosophy and the foundation of what we're going to do because we want to be flexible with what we have to do.

Q: What about fans who are craving for a sneak peak?

A: Don't go get something to eat when we have the ball.

Q: Certain players have used the words "No Huddle". Is that part of the repertoire?

A: There are aspects of that. I don't know if we're going to live in it. We're just going to do what our guys can do. Whatever they're good at and whatever they're comfortable in, we're going to do.

Im not a fan of hype, and im ready for some consistant offensive production. Lets hope this new scheme will live up to the hype that being created for it.

Holy snikes! Did he just say that he will do with this offensive whatever the players are capable of and feel comfortable with. You mean, you build your scheme around the talent you have? Wait a minute Shawn Watson? Your telling me your not supposed to try to shove the same offense down the kids throats when you just don't have the players to execute that 300 page thick playbook of yours? Genius!

"Don't get something to eat when the O has the ball."

Why because when we come back, we're on defense again after a turnover or three-and-out, or because we will puke it back up when we get back.

Ha. I was in the kitchen getting something to eat when Burkhead dropped that pass against Texas last year. I heard people from at least three of my neighboring apartments scream "OH! MY! GOD!" in perfect unison.

Here's to hoping the collective blood pressure of Husker Nation drops significantly now that Watson's gone.

:rolleyes:

More talk. Lets see it on the field. Even Wats put together a dominant offense against average to below-average/bad teams.

Lets see the Nebraska offense perform on the big stage against a top 25 defense. THEN, and only then will I start to buy into this "multiple" offense than runs circles around defenses. I have heard "multple" enough for the last few years that it has become synonymous with "master of nothing"

Sounds to me like a nice way of saying, "we're going to run around you, or we're going to run right through you". The big thing is the players are buying into this. I am feeling a very positive vibe.

No. What he is saying is Husker fans need to take their fat asses on a diet. Then maybe, we will be able to actually sit comfortably in the seat that we were designated to sit on, on the stadium bleachers. :thumbs

• Fire 2

Holy snikes! Did he just say that he will do with this offensive whatever the players are capable of and feel comfortable with. You mean, you build your scheme around the talent you have? Wait a minute Shawn Watson? Your telling me your not supposed to try to shove the same offense down the kids throats when you just don't have the players to execute that 300 page thick playbook of yours? Genius!

I dont know...i liked being "multiple"

/sarcasm

I beg to differ red tape. We lost against oki lite with BC.

Anybody can beat Okie Lite.... just ask Shawn Watson. :laughpound

Like Red Tape I wanna see some results on the field before I hype this offense. Anybody can run around or through the Tennesse-chattanogas of the world or even the K-states. No Im not saying put up Oregon like numbers, more like sustained drives that wears the defense out over a course of a game and by the 4th quarter they are sucking gas just like Warren Sapp in the 94 Orange Bowl.

If we take care of the ball and eliminate the damn holding penalties, it will do absolutely wonders for this offense.