Beck: Dont get something to eat when the O has the ball

Beck said it's good to have Turner practicing with the QBs "just in case". So it's pretty obvious he's #4 on the QB depth chart, if not #3 ahead of RK3.

Pretty much this.

Until Broekemeier or Kellogg nail down that 3rd QB position, then Turner will get snaps under center just incase. Kellogg cannot run, so he likely will never nail the spot down. However, the coaches really like Broekemeier's skillset and think they may have a diamond in the rough with him.

But this is another reason why losing Bubba will hurt this team - QB depth.

I think Turner is practicing with the QB's just to keep him throwing and learning the offense. If, in a few years, things are dire at QB...he'll switch over like Tanehill at A&M. It's extremely hard for a person to NOT play QB and to just jump back in...throwing motion is rusty, timing on the receivers is off, drop back step balance is off as well...rollout throwing is off. I think keeping him taking reps is smart because it's what he played in high school and what he was recruited for AND having him know all the plays can only benefit his own position...knowing all plays and what everyone is doing on them gives you better field awareness...especially as a receiver. Knowing YOUR routes and OTHERS routes means that you can find pockets where you can get open.

I think this is the right move with Turner.

I think its a fine move as well. I was just unsure of how they would utilize his practice time in a game day environment. It cant hurt being under center unless he is lacking at the wideout. This doesn't seem to be the case right now. I look forward to his play making abilities on saturdays, no matter where he plays.

I think Turner is practicing with the QB's just to keep him throwing and learning the offense. If, in a few years, things are dire at QB...he'll switch over like Tanehill at A&M. It's extremely hard for a person to NOT play QB and to just jump back in...throwing motion is rusty, timing on the receivers is off, drop back step balance is off as well...rollout throwing is off. I think keeping him taking reps is smart because it's what he played in high school and what he was recruited for AND having him know all the plays can only benefit his own position...knowing all plays and what everyone is doing on them gives you better field awareness...especially as a receiver. Knowing YOUR routes and OTHERS routes means that you can find pockets where you can get open.

I think this is the right move with Turner.

Agreed, and not only for the future but for this year. I cannot fathom having a guy with abilities like Turner and not using them. Put him on the field in ten different positions if you can. Just get the ball in his hands.

Another thing with the Offense I find everyone forgetting about is Curenski Gilleylen. He's over 200lbs and fast. He's switched to RB to help solidify things behind Burkhead but NO ONE mentions him.

I realize he was hurt through spring but he'll still be back...

EDIT: Now I'm reading that he switched back to WR? Nevermind then :/

He was sitting with the RBs at Fan Day. When did he switch back to WR?

"Don't get something to eat when the O has the ball."

Why because when we come back, we're on defense again after a turnover or three-and-out, or because we will puke it back up when we get back.

Aww...you beat me to it! Seriously, best wishes to Beck and that he's got something positive (as in yards, points, and less penalties) in store for Husker Nation.

Another thing with the Offense I find everyone forgetting about is Curenski Gilleylen. He's over 200lbs and fast. He's switched to RB to help solidify things behind Burkhead but NO ONE mentions him.

I realize he was hurt through spring but he'll still be back...

EDIT: Now I'm reading that he switched back to WR? Nevermind then :/

He was sitting with the RBs at Fan Day. When did he switch back to WR?

I was reading something that said he did after the spring game. I'm not finding ANYTHING updated about him though using my google-foo. So, can anyone comment on this that is closer to Lincoln? I don't get to see much out here in NC...

HI preseason magazine had him as a HB FYI.