Mizzou on the SEC's radar?

Audio link to Yahoo Sports Radio.

Gabe DeArmond of PowerMizzou.com pretty much breaks it down, says it's pretty much likely that Missouri is talking to the SEC and to not take any comments to the contrary at face value.

Plus, Gabe says he only thinks Missouri gets in if the SEC goes to 16, and that they'll take Florida State if they go to 14. The big question is if the SEC will break down and go to 16, or if they'll just do 14.

Also, the conventional wisdom of Texas and Oklahoma is that if they lose A&M, the conference will survive. If they lose Missouri, the conference is dead because of media markets (or a lack thereof). Don't know if I agree with this, but Gabe DeArmond indicates that Oklahoma is trying to get in front of this and is talking with the Pac-12 (per his colleagues at the OK paper).

Oh, and Gabe DeArmond brings up an unsolicited comment about Nebraska and the Big XII. Glad to know we're still stuck in their craw. chuckleshuffle

Audio link to Yahoo Sports Radio.

Gabe DeArmond of PowerMizzou.com pretty much breaks it down, says it's pretty much likely that Missouri is talking to the SEC and to not take any comments to the contrary at face value.

Plus, Gabe says he only thinks Missouri gets in if the SEC goes to 16, and that they'll take Florida State if they go to 14. The big question is if the SEC will break down and go to 16, or if they'll just do 14.

Also, the conventional wisdom of Texas and Oklahoma is that if they lose A&M, the conference will survive. If they lose Missouri, the conference is dead because of media markets (or a lack thereof). Don't know if I agree with this, but Gabe DeArmond indicates that Oklahoma is trying to get in front of this and is talking with the Pac-12 (per his colleagues at the OK paper).

Oh, and Gabe DeArmond brings up an unsolicited comment about Nebraska and the Big XII. Glad to know we're still stuck in their craw. chuckleshuffle

I agree. I dont think Missery is getting into the SEC if they only expand by 2. Depending on what the SEC does 2 or 4 teams will dictate the retaliation by the B1G. If the SEC goes to 14 and Missery is sitting there i think the B1G throws them a life vest and likely goes after an eastern team or if ND sees the writing on the wall possibly they approach the B1G to be included in this fight.

Another topic had a post mentioning that the deadline for ACC schools to announce a conference change is today. If Missouri isn't the 14th team and no announcement is made from an ACC school today then that would mean A&M would either have to wait 2 years or be denied.

Ah, IRAFreak--you beat me to the punch. :)

Yup, someone had brought this up in another thread. I don't honestly see Texas A&M willfully swallowing two years of jobbing at the hands of the Big XII, especially in Football.

That means either the ACC school yet-to-be-named goes against the constraints of their contract's exit clause (unlikely), or the SEC taps Missouri who can easily be on the same timetable to move as A&M.