Has anyone noticed?

I liked playing on grass as long as it wasn't to long, I think I liked it most when it was all muddy and sloppy. If someone could invent a turf that gave you grass stains and got you muddy when it was wet but didn't get sloppy and slick that would be the greatest contribution to human society man kind has ever seen.

On a side note, do you guys remember when they used to continually dump sand into the turf at Memorial Stadium? I remember seeing clips of them doing it, and I remember a bunch of sand flying up when players would cut but I haven't seen any flying sand the last few years. Don't remember why they did that either, I think they said something about it helping with traction.

I do remember one announcer saying that they could add/remove sand to impact the speed of the game. More sand and it packed into a harder surface, less sand and it was more spongy. So when we played a speadier team like Texas, or a quicker no-huddle attack like MU, then we'd remove sand to slow it down.

(he might have been full of sh!t, but that's what I heard so i'm stickin to it)

On a side note, do you guys remember when they used to continually dump sand into the turf at Memorial Stadium? I remember seeing clips of them doing it, and I remember a bunch of sand flying up when players would cut but I haven't seen any flying sand the last few years. Don't remember why they did that either, I think they said something about it helping with traction.

I do remember one announcer saying that they could add/remove sand to impact the speed of the game. More sand and it packed into a harder surface, less sand and it was more spongy. So when we played a speadier team like Texas, or a quicker no-huddle attack like MU, then we'd remove sand to slow it down.

Sand slows both ways...

So in other words; he was full of sh#t.

There's no way in hell they'd have gotten away with that.

There's no way in hell they'd have gotten away with that.

You mean like the Cubs wouldn't get away with keeping the infield grass at Wrigley different heights to combat teams that hit a lot of ground balls? Happens all the time.

Michigan Has 2 indoor practice fields. Only school in the country that does

113_973_2010.jpg

fieldhouse01.jpg

I think Nebraska has 2 as well(Cook Pavillion and Hawks Championchip Center, although I'm not sure if they still use Cook Pavillion.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=3126

http://www.huskers.com/pics12/800/EU/EUXCTJWADELLLPP.20060825211240.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=100

I will give you that the 2nd facility you displayed looks pretty damn nice.

113_973_2010.jpg

fieldhouse01.jpg

I think Nebraska has 2 as well(Cook Pavillion and Hawks Championchip Center, although I'm not sure if they still use Cook Pavillion.

http://www.huskers.com/pics12/800/EU/EUXCTJWADELLLPP.20060825211240.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=100

They don't use the Cook anymore. It is open for the students to use now. I've played football in there many a times.

113_973_2010.jpg

fieldhouse01.jpg

They don't use the Cook anymore. It is open for the students to use now. I've played football in there many a times.

It was open to us as students back when I was in college too but the team still used it. That was before we had all the fancy upgrades other than the original 2 video screens.

Does that make it not count? I mean, the 2nd photo shows lacrosse players (boys and girls, for that matter), and on the opposite side of the field you can't see who it is but I doubt the lacrosse team is big enough for it to *only* be them, so I'm under the impression that regular students can use Michigan's 2nd field as well.