Nostradamus Time!!!

I must say, this season is very tough to put a finger on. I would say to temper expectations some given our national hype, but I'm not confident enough to predict an average season. I could see it going any number of ways, and they're all wild guesses because of all the variables, least of all being the move to a different, unfamiliar conference.

If forced to guess, I'd have to say 4 losses when all is said and done would be my best guess. I think we might well reach the Big Ten Championship game. If the D is as elite as it sounds like it could be, we could really roll some teams. If the D is mediocre, on the other hand, and the offense (line in particular) goes through bumps like I think it will, then we could be in for a tough year. But with the expectations of this team and the letdown from last year, what I am really worried about is if the going gets really tough and we start dropping a ton of games - will the wheels fall off? We had a very bad stretch at the end of last year, and showed little resolve once things broke down. If we get hit in the mouth and knocked down early...is the team going to get back up?

Hopefully none of that happens and we take home a Big Ten trophy in our first year.

I must say, this season is very tough to put a finger on. I would say to temper expectations some given our national hype, but I'm not confident enough to predict an average season. I could see it going any number of ways, and they're all wild guesses because of all the variables, least of all being the move to a different, unfamiliar conference.

If forced to guess, I'd have to say 4 losses when all is said and done would be my best guess. I think we might well reach the Big Ten Championship game. If the D is as elite as it sounds like it could be, we could really roll some teams. If the D is mediocre, on the other hand, and the offense (line in particular) goes through bumps like I think it will, then we could be in for a tough year. But with the expectations of this team and the letdown from last year, what I am really worried about is if the going gets really tough and we start dropping a ton of games - will the wheels fall off? We had a very bad stretch at the end of last year, and showed little resolve once things broke down. If we get hit in the mouth and knocked down early...is the team going to get back up?

Hopefully none of that happens and we take home a Big Ten trophy in our first year.

TL;DR We could suck, but we could also win it all. Commitment issues zoogies? :)

I don't see Michigan as a big threat for NU - they haven't been the UM of old for a while now, though they might right the ship with a new coach.

Wisconsin will be a great test. Somebody at the top of the thread was saying they can roll up the score but they did that against weak teams. I see this as more of a battle of the titans kind of game.

PSU @PSU is always difficult no matter how good you are or how bad PSU is. (and of course, they fire up for every game because every season for the last 20 years or so has been Jo Pa's last season)

OSU - will be very good at some point in the year; just hoping it's after they play us. They had a big shakeup, but they are loaded with talent.

Iowa was a bit of a Jeckle and Hyde team last year - but they can play so it could be a wildcard loss if you catch them on the wrong day.

MSU is going to be a very good team this year - but I'm thinking that it will be hard to win in Lincoln. We might bring it though because State is a good team on the rise and could have a breakout season if things fall into place.

Bottom line... I'm thinking you take 1 loss against one of (in order of likelihood); Wisky, OSU, MSU or Iowa.

I don't see Michigan as a big threat for NU - they haven't been the UM of old for a while now, though they might right the ship with a new coach.

Wisconsin will be a great test. Somebody at the top of the thread was saying they can roll up the score but they did that against weak teams. I see this as more of a battle of the titans kind of game.

PSU @PSU is always difficult no matter how good you are or how bad PSU is. (and of course, they fire up for every game because every season for the last 20 years or so has been Jo Pa's last season)

OSU - will be very good at some point in the year; just hoping it's after they play us. They had a big shakeup, but they are loaded with talent.

Iowa was a bit of a Jeckle and Hyde team last year - but they can play so it could be a wildcard loss if you catch them on the wrong day.

MSU is going to be a very good team this year - but I'm thinking that it will be hard to win in Lincoln. We might bring it though because State is a good team on the rise and could have a breakout season if things fall into place.

Bottom line... I'm thinking you take 1 loss against one of (in order of likelihood); Wisky, OSU, MSU or Iowa.

We didn't even make Fox sports 15 hardest places to play list. You will be fine :sarcasm

And the other 80% of that huge place?

Im just saying is not all "blue hairs". 110,000 people there and I think it will be loud especially if Nebraska is on that end of the field.

Of course it all depends what is on the line when this game happens. A&M was a death trap because Nebraska was a one loss team with a possible at large BCS berth on the line, A&M came into that game playing pretty good and crushed what was on the table for Nebraska.

I agree it will be loud, 110,000 people can do that. Yes a lot canbe on the table for this game(especially here in the nearer future I believe). However, my thing is that Kyle Field is always notoriously loud. There are tons of Cadets at every game, and you don't have yell leaders and get the nickname of the 13th Man for no reason. Besides have you ever been there when they get that place swaying? It is just mind blowing. Maybe it is a personal thing, but I think Kyle Field is more intimidating than UM.

12th man, Paul, 12th man. -1 for you sir :corndance

No, it was 13 that game. That crooked Burk-crew was the 12th man. Geez I'm glad to be out of that con.

TL;DR We could suck, but we could also win it all. Commitment issues zoogies? :)

yes.

• 2 months later...