Nostradamus Time!!!

I guess i just dont understand everyone thinking Wisky is so good. They lost to TCU? Their O line outwieghed their D line by and averaqge of 40lbs. All we heard was how they were going to push those guys around and it would be no contest........ we all know how that turned out. We dont have enough D line depth to compete with them? Are you kidding me? Our Dline is the strength of the team.

Rewatch that game. For some inexplicable reason, Wisconsin forgot who they were and decided to be a "flashy" offense. If they had lined up and pounded the rock like they normally do, they'da won by 2 scores. Unfortunately for NU, I don't think they'll make that same mistake twice.

Bo's teams always seem to play their best on the road. We have a history of turning in clunkers at home, which is why the tosu game is concerning to me. I don't think Wisky's quarterback purchase is going to work out as well as everyone thinks, especially aafter he takes a few B1G slobberknockers.

Wisconsin just wasn't all they were cracked up to be. They had a cake schedule and ran up the score on Austin Peay, Indiana, and Northwestern. They got handled by Michigan State and their lone quality win was Ohio State. They're a good team, no doubt. But they're perennially overrated. They're absolutely beatable.

On the bright side, with my new 9-3 regular season prediction in this thread (since the OL is getting banged up I added another loss) - I now have 3-4 different predictions, in 3-4 different threads in the last week. I figure I'll be able to dig up one of those at the end of the season and say 'I told ya so'. Got all the bases covered now.

Prediction: My prediction will be 8-4 in the next prediction thread.

Wisconsin got cute and went away from their game plan for some reason.

Watch the fourth quarter of that game, you will see the real Wisconsin in action.

Depth/Size in the fourth quarter for Nebraska will be the problem is my guess. Now ifffffffffffffff the offense can actually move the ball, then things could be different, but I do not expect much difference than last year.

This right here. I watched them bulldoze TCU in that 4th quarter and then when the game was on the line they pass! Idiots.

Penn St...who knows...by the time we play them they may have everything together.

I love reading posts about how these teams arent very good. In 2010 Nebraska was better than every single team it played on paper. The problem was Nebraska played down to its competition alot.... Texas, A&M, OU, Washington V2. What makes everyone think that Nebraska will over come that???? Dont say Tim Beck because thats a lame reason, he hasnt even coached a DIV I game as a OC. Yes, there is potential for Nebraska to beat every team on its schedule(just like in 2010), but there also a potential for this team go .500 in the conference. Until Nebraska starts beating who they are suppose to beat regularly, they will be 9-3 or 8-4 team at best for a long time.

I just don't get you guy's worries about bloody Michigan.

My Gawd, their defense is worse than our offense. By a LOT. If we can't beat those guys we're in deep, deep do-do.

They got rid of their Cosgrove. Their D will improve this year just like the Nebraska D did when we hired Pelini Bros. Don't overlook Michigan.

Agreed, and dual threat QB's have not been kind to us in the past. Brady Hoke is a hell of a coach, he will have Michigan ready to play every Saturday.

And in one of my other however many predictions, I am with PO and aspeedlin in saying don't chalk this one up as an easy W. I believe the number in 17, as in returning starters, 8 on offense, 9 on defense. Some can say that defense wasn't good, but a new staff can do wonder(it's wierd saying that because it is like I have seen it done before somewhere, just can't put my finger on it). And it is not like Rich Rod was recruiting slow, unathletic tools like Ohio State must have been doing as well the last couple of years, in some people's eyes. Two names on the DLine, Mike Martin and Craig Roh(former NU nea miss recruit). They will be men this fall. At LB you got Kenny Demons(another near miss recruit for NU) and he was a bright spot a lot of times last year. They will be much improved on D.

On offense they lost one of their better WR's but return a host of guys who played and retun you know who. TMart with a better arm and better open field moves and is just as fast. Hopefully Hoke molds him into a statue like Pinkel did with Brad Smith his junior year, but I can't see that happening. They will again put up points.

This game will be better than many will think.

I just don't get you guy's worries about bloody Michigan.

My Gawd, their defense is worse than our offense. By a LOT. If we can't beat those guys we're in deep, deep do-do.

They got rid of their Cosgrove. Their D will improve this year just like the Nebraska D did when we hired Pelini Bros. Don't overlook Michigan.

Agreed, and dual threat QB's have not been kind to us in the past. Brady Hoke is a hell of a coach, he will have Michigan ready to play every Saturday.

And in one of my other however many predictions, I am with PO and aspeedlin in saying don't chalk this one up as an easy W. I believe the number in 17, as in returning starters, 8 on offense, 9 on defense. Some can say that defense wasn't good, but a new staff can do wonder(it's wierd saying that because it is like I have seen it done before somewhere, just can't put my finger on it). And it is not like Rich Rod was recruiting slow, unathletic tools like Ohio State must have been doing as well the last couple of years, in some people's eyes. Two names on the DLine, Mike Martin and Craig Roh(former NU nea miss recruit). They will be men this fall. At LB you got Kenny Demons(another near miss recruit for NU) and he was a bright spot a lot of times last year. They will be much improved on D.

On offense they lost one of their better WR's but return a host of guys who played and retun you know who. TMart with a better arm and better open field moves and is just as fast. Hopefully Hoke molds him into a statue like Pinkel did with Brad Smith his junior year, but I can't see that happening. They will again put up points.

This game will be better than many will think.

I agree...... the michigan game has the potential to be a death trap like A&M in 2010, especially if Nebraska some how is unbeaten or a one loss team headed into that game.