Need Your Help

I pretty much don't like anyone from Texas. Or Canada, but that's for another thread.

We all know Canadia is just a myth invented to scare small children.

Oh no, it's a real place. You can learn everything you need to know about Canada by watching the 7 seasons of the show Trailer Park Boys. :)

Ive hated anything that came out of Texass for a long time. Not because of College Football, but because of the Dallas Cowboys. I remember being a little kid and all my friends jumping on the "Americas Team" bandwagon. STUPID!! Then in my early teens when Jerry Jones bought them and fired Landry....I really hated Texass. Then when the Big 8 was no more?? That was icing on the cake!!

Tuck Fexas!!

BTW, Im with the others. If you need someone else to tell you why to hate Texas, then you dont hate them at all.

Think about a place that's hot as hell

'Bout dryer than the bottom of a dried out well

And I think you know what Texas means to me

Ain't got no money Ain't got no jobs

The banks are too damn poor to rob

So I'd like to say one thing before I leave

Well F_CK you Texas and f_ck your Lone Star Beer

F_ck that f_cking Alamo and f_ck them long horned steers

F_ck every Dallas Cowboy that ever drawed a breath

F_CK you Texas, and F_ck you plumb to death

I worked my fingers to the bone

Thought I'd wrote some pretty good songs

Til I drew the wrath of the Texas L. C. B.

They Jerked my tunes off the honky tonks

With a BullSh_t list of do's and dont's

They locked 'em up and throw'd away the key

I'm headed for the border line

Any place else will be just fine

Long as there's a job and a decent place to sleep

Get up each morning with my ass a flexin'

And give birth to yet another Texan

And write a song as he slips between my cheeks

I live in Austin, TX and can't stand UT!!! But one thing I will tell you is the harsh generalizations that are being tossed around here are a bit extreme. Just because you have met a couple of A-Holes doesn't mean the whole state is that way. I remember all of the attacks on A&M after last year's loss and can tell you it was scary that most of the attacks could have been used against us. Most of Texas is filled with hard working, small town, country folk, much like the great state of Nebraska....

With that said, I hate Texas because they kicked our arses 9 out of 10 games, and many were gut punch losses! PLAIN AND SIMPLE, I HATE LOSING!!!

I actually think it was good for the league to be centralized in Dallas. If you knew much about Texas, you'd realize that the metroplex is filled with millions of fans of teams not named the Longhorns!!! It is a huge media market with a rabid and diverse college fanbase, mild climate and hundreds of D-I football recruits on a yearly basis! I can promise you that if we stuck it out in the Big XII and won a couple of CCG, we would have grown our fanbase to levels we have never seen! Not to mention the recruiting benefits from playing and winning in Jerry's Palace on a yearly basis.

Texas caught us while we were down and we just couldn't find a way to finish against them...

Let's not get caught up in generalizations and stooping to their level, we hate them for 1-9....

• Fire 1

I live in Austin, TX and can't stand UT!!! But one thing I will tell you is the harsh generalizations that are being tossed around here are a bit extreme. Just because you have met a couple of A-Holes doesn't mean the whole state is that way. I remember all of the attacks on A&M after last year's loss and can tell you it was scary that most of the attacks could have been used against us. Most of Texas is filled with hard working, small town, country folk, much like the great state of Nebraska....

With that said, I hate Texas because they kicked our arses 9 out of 10 games, and many were gut punch losses! PLAIN AND SIMPLE, I HATE LOSING!!!

I actually think it was good for the league to be centralized in Dallas. If you knew much about Texas, you'd realize that the metroplex is filled with millions of fans of teams not named the Longhorns!!! It is a huge media market with a rabid and diverse college fan-base, mild climate and hundreds of D-I football recruits on a yearly basis! I can promise you that if we stuck it out in the Big XII and won a couple of CCG, we would have grown our fan-base to levels we have never seen! Not to mention the recruiting benefits from playing and winning in Jerry's Palace on a yearly basis.

Texas caught us while we were down and we just couldn't find a way to finish against them...

Let's not get caught up in generalizations and stooping to their level, we hate them for 1-9....

For the most part this is true, and what others here have stated is true, how OU rivalry was killed, politics, on the field, etc.

I know all Texas fans aren't like this so I can't speak for them all....but I dislike Texas because of the football results and because EVERY TIME THEY WIN they act like they just beat you 100 to 00. Even if it they made a last second 87.6 yard Field Goal, or a 100 yard Hail Mary to win by 1, they would STILL act like they "own" you 100-00 that day. It's just so annoying to listen to their arrogance & annoyance. I know a few people that live in Texas and they truly have a disdain towards Texas too as they are fans of other teams.

They aren't just like that to just us, they are like that to every team they beat. They act like we are running from them. However, as others have stated, we never "ran" from Oklahoma when they rattled off X amount of wins against us, and that was every year it happened.

However, they "truly" only beat us down in 2003. All of the other games were close, nail-bitters, and broken hearts everywhere in Husker nation.

Even 2010 was close, but fumbles and the in-ability to tackle, catch the ball, and contain Gilbert cost us that game. I never thought Gilbert's feet would kill us that game and it did and it shouldn't have. Did we even try to make an adjustment to that? I don't think I ever saw it. He wasn't Young or Martinez or something, but he did enough to move the chains and get positive yards.

We still have more National Titles than them [although the one we split shouldn't have been a split since they lost their last game] more Heisman Trophy winners, more Conference titles, [albeit they had us 3-2 in Conference Title games and 2-0 against us in those games] and I'm not sure on the other sports, but I think they got our Volleyball team a few times as well in the last year or two in a few regular season games, but I believe our ladies got a Big XII title last year I believe?

And I know we came in 2nd overall in Big XII for Conference Championships....2nd only to....*drum roll*...Texas. *Sighs*

That being said, being 1-9 sucks against them in Big XII play. Yeah, it sucks no doubt. And while we have to look to "past accomplishments" to make 1-9 sting less, our past is still impressive, and it lessens the blow, somewhat, considering 1996, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2006, 2009, and 2010 were the worst. 2003 was just all Vince Young and a new offense they put out against us, I think, and 2007..well...we should have won that again, but nothing went right that year until after the Colorado game.

It's just one of those things. Just bad luck, un-timely errors, and inability to execute in key situations hurt us against them.

I am a firm believer that if we switched teams, ie: our Huskers in their Texas uniforms and Texas in our Husker uniforms...I guarantee that Texas would still beat Nebraska. That just seems to be how it is. I know that sounds crazy but I do believe that considering how much bad luck and just "WTF" moments we've had against Texas.

Throw the records out, throw the players out, just put those two teams on the field will be an instant classic usually in a Texas victory as of late. It just makes you wonder with SO MANY close games, how we couldn't have got a few more wins, or even got over the hump by "being due" in 2009 and 2010.

But alas, it was not to be.

Texas is not a "bad" state. They have good people. They have Ron Paul too. :koolaid2: I root for the San Antonio Spurs and the Tennessee Titans [who were originally from Houston] so I can't hate on the entire state itself.

But the University of Texas at Austin...cannot stand them. Mostly politics and bad football loses though.

Maybe...just maybe....1-9 can be erased by not only a B1G championship...but a win against Texas in the BCS National Title game, in the same season! THAT would TRULY erase 1-9 from the Big XII.

Although the arrogant Texas fans will still point to overall record of how they "own" us.... :bang:hookerhorns:facepalm: