Remembering

I love the Big Ten Network. I use to, and still do, break out old Husker games I have on VHS or DVD and start watching them in early June, (maybe May) heck sometimes April. You know, just to "get the feeling". Call me crazy, but I could start a Husker Classic channel, just ask my wife. Anyway, the Big Ten Channel. My grandmother was 4'9" and heralded from Milwaukee. Not only was she a "Packers" fan, but, a huge "Whisky" fan too, having raised my father in Madison. When I was younger we use to talk about the two schools, mine, "Big Red" and hers "Little Red" my nickname for them just to get her fired up. She would always talk about "if only Nebraska was in the Big Ten, we'd show you!" I never was a "fan" of the Big Ten because we had the Big 8, but I love college football so I didn't dislike them either. Whenever we played a Big Ten team I would call her and say "HA!". I miss her. She would be very happy that the Huskers joined "her" conference and I for one am glad I have a channel to turn on and not feel like some zelot to watch old college football games.

• Fire 2

I was 6 years old, I was watching a Husker game with my grandfather on his ranch in the Sand Hills south of Valentine. He looks at me, "who's your favorite football team?", I answer, "Nebraska grandpa". He smiles and says, "good boy".

Fast forward to almost 20 years later, and we're playing golf on his 77th Birthday. We're between holes he looks at me, "do you remember when I asked you when you were a little boy, what your favorite football team was?". I said, "sure grandpa". He looks at me, "ya know if you'd said anything other than Nebraska, I'd have disowned you".

• Fire 3

2001. My first Nebraska game...but in Lawrence. My parents are teachers and they were giving away tickets in hopes of filling out their stadium with KU fans. Didn't work. Sea of Red!

I remember doing the wave in the 3rd quarter. My dad was sitting next to me doing the wave. I think it was the most fun I've ever had with my father.

My first game with the old man and myself was the 09' Oklahoma/Husker game in Lincoln. The whole drive to Lincoln we were already preparing ourselves for a Husker loss. We arrived 58 minutes before kickoff and watched the Sooners practice without their pads on and boy were they some big boys. Got to see Jim Ross (WWE Wreslting commentator) and Jaba Chamberlin who I got my picture taken with.

The game atmosphere and the weather was outstanding, hell I could've wore shorts till half way thru the 4th quarter. The crowd didn't disappointment for me since I've never seen Nebraska play OU in Lincoln. We got to see Suh dominate, O'Hanlon's 3 INT game, and of course a Husker win. I remember O'Hanlons last INT as I pulled my dad up of his seat because he was still upset when we turned the ball over and shook him yelling "We fing won!"

The car ride home was awesome too. Listened to the postgame show on the radio while still pumped up and excited about the win while drinking our favorite beer Coors Light.

My first game with the old man and myself was the 09' Oklahoma/Husker game in Lincoln. The whole drive to Lincoln we were already preparing ourselves for a Husker loss. We arrived 58 minutes before kickoff and watched the Sooners practice without their pads on and boy were they some big boys. Got to see Jim Ross (WWE Wreslting commentator) and Jaba Chamberlin who I got my picture taken with.

The game atmosphere and the weather was outstanding, hell I could've wore shorts till half way thru the 4th quarter. The crowd didn't disappointment for me since I've never seen Nebraska play OU in Lincoln. We got to see Suh dominate, O'Hanlon's 3 INT game, and of course a Husker win. I remember O'Hanlons last INT as I pulled my dad up of his seat because he was still upset when we turned the ball over and shook him yelling "We fing won!"

The car ride home was awesome too. Listened to the postgame show on the radio while still pumped up and excited about the win while drinking our favorite beer Coors Light.

Just seeing Jim Ross in person would be worth the drive :LOLtartar . Michaels with sweet chin music to Helmsley! Michaels, Michaels, Michaels!

my first husker game ever was in 08 in lincoln, NU vs. KU, My dad and my older brother came up with me and we got to lincoln 2 hours before kickoff went to eat and came back and our car had been towed! We went into one of the buildings at the university and they were more than helpful in getting us in contact with the tow company. we got the car back and made it back to our seats just in time to see the fly over during the national anthem. it was a crazy and unforgettable experience