Official - A&M sends notice to Beebe, Big 12 that they are exploring options

knapplc

New York Time is reporting that Loftin has informed Missouri Chancellor and Big 12 board member Deaton its leaving the conference. Two unconfirmed sources from Texas A&M cited the info. Expect the story to break tomorrow officially.

We are SO outta here!!!!

If there is no announcement by the SEC tomorrow, don't expect it until next week. School has started, presidents are dealing with on-campus issues, and we don't want to distract our football teams with this. A&M has a bye week next week, which would be a perfect time to release if this goes past Wed.

Mark it down.

So what happens to A&M if the SEC declines their request? Does the BIG 12-3 kick them out or will they have to pay a penalty, or both?

Doubt it would happen and i don't think Aggies are that stupid to leave and not have a guarantee to be accepted by the SEC. If they weren't they would have known much earlier in the process. they could always go independent and play in sh**ty bowls i guess.

They are already cutting off their nose to spite their face...$28MM exit fee to take a $2MM pay cut in revenue. It would not surprise me one bit if they leave the B12 without a secure offer.

So what happens to A&M if the SEC declines their request? Does the BIG 12-3 kick them out or will they have to pay a penalty, or both?

Doubt it would happen and i don't think Aggies are that stupid to leave and not have a guarantee to be accepted by the SEC. If they weren't they would have known much earlier in the process. they could always go independent and play in sh**ty bowls i guess.

They are already cutting off their nose to spite their face...$28MM exit fee to take a $2MM pay cut in revenue. It would not surprise me one bit if they leave the B12 without a secure offer.

Lets see, a seat at a better, more equitable and stable conference or couple million dollars more for a few years betting that the big12 will stay on par with the SEC in TV dollars (which btw they just got on par with this year since they'll have a 10 team distribution), if the conference is even around for more then a couple years. It isn't just A&M that wants the hell out of the conference with Texas perpetually doing this to the other conference members:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwF7n8WyOoU

Did some Aggie run off with your wife or piss in your coffee every morning?

Lets see, a seat at a better, more equitable and stable conference or couple million dollars more for a few years betting that the big12 will stay on par with the SEC in TV dollars (which btw they just got on par with this year since they'll have a 10 team distribution), if the conference is even around for more then a couple years. It isn't just A&M that wants the hell out of the conference with Texas perpetually doing this to the other conference members:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwF7n8WyOoU

Did some Aggie run off with your wife or piss in your coffee every morning?

i'll assume you were talking to me...

Don't you think if that were the case that Okie would have jumped ship by now? all aggy had to do was hitch its wagon to the Texass money machine and shut up, much the same way OU has. they didn't have to worry about being left behind, like we did. They probably could have even expected to win that conference every 5 or so years. if the thing blew up, they'd be riding shotgun on wherever ol' tex goes. Now they can figure on losing their biggest gold mine rival game ( & the only game they sell out with regularity) probably have their state funding reduced or revoked entirely, losing their PUF money, a shi#t load of lawsuits, a huge exit fee and the prospect of rarely (probably never) finishing in the top 4 of the conference, and for less money. Texass may have tilted the table to the south, but they didn't deprive aggy of anything. even offered them full partnership in the LHN. if that's not cutting off your nose to spite your face, i don't know what is. This ain't about football or rivalries, it's about money. And like a petulant child, aggy's low self esteem and bad temper have conspired to do him in. Any way you slice it, this is a business faux pas at best. that's my $0.02.

To answer the second part... I don't like texass, but aggy creeps me out. if you've ever been to a game at pyle field you know what i'm talking about. if they take this opportunity to get rid of the corps, the male cheerleaders, that stupid war hymn and lose the idiotic overalls it might be worth it. make a change and start over with a fresh image. (oh, and no more dry-humping after each score would be a good idea too) otherwise they are just screwing themselves, and playing right into Bevo's hands. You see boys and girls...Tex makes more money than Notre Dame. There is nothing aggy can do to hurt them, exept BTHO of them.(aggy is 18-17 against bevo the last 35 games.) and keep sucking that money teat. they would have no problem going independent, especially if they found a nice home for non-rev sports. I have a feeling this could be Dodds' endgame.

i'll assume you were talking to me...

Don't you think if that were the case that Okie would have jumped ship by now? all aggy had to do was hitch its wagon to the Texass money machine and shut up, much the same way OU has. they didn't have to worry about being left behind, like we did. They probably could have even expected to win that conference every 5 or so years. if the thing blew up, they'd be riding shotgun on wherever ol' tex goes. Now they can figure on losing their biggest gold mine rival game ( & the only game they sell out with regularity) probably have their state funding reduced or revoked entirely, losing their PUF money, a shi#t load of lawsuits, a huge exit fee and the prospect of rarely (probably never) finishing in the top 4 of the conference, and for less money. Texass may have tilted the table to the south, but they didn't deprive aggy of anything. even offered them full partnership in the LHN. if that's not cutting off your nose to spite your face, i don't know what is. This ain't about football or rivalries, it's about money. And like a petulant child, aggy's low self esteem and bad temper have conspired to do him in. Any way you slice it, this is a business faux pas at best. that's my $0.02.

To answer the second part... I don't like texass, but aggy creeps me out. if you've ever been to a game at pyle field you know what i'm talking about. if they take this opportunity to get rid of the corps, the male cheerleaders, that stupid war hymn and lose the idiotic overalls it might be worth it. make a change and start over with a fresh image. (oh, and no more dry-humping after each score would be a good idea too) otherwise they are just screwing themselves, and playing right into Bevo's hands. You see boys and girls...Tex makes more money than Notre Dame. There is nothing aggy can do to hurt them, exept BTHO of them.(aggy is 18-17 against bevo the last 35 games.) and keep sucking that money teat. they would have no problem going independent, especially if they found a nice home for non-rev sports. I have a feeling this could be Dodds' endgame.

Alright, it's early, but I'm going to attempt to tackle this statement:

1. We have offered and WANT to continue to play Texas, but they want to take their ball and go home. They are butthurt about us heading to greener pastures. If we stop this series, it is because of Texas, not us.

2. Exit fee is just a bit more than Nebraska

3. The reason this has taken so long is so the lawyers can make sure we CAN'T be sued for interference

4. Leaving the conference in no way affects the PUF...it's the PUF because it's PERMANENT. No way funding will be affeted. That is political suicide.

5. Predicted payouts for the SEC range from $25-$30M...far more than we are making in the B12

6. No, Texas offered us partnership...to split the setup costs, and then split the profits 60/40 or 70/30 their way. No way in hell

7. No, it's not about rivalries, and it's not about money...it's about stability. Look at the B12...do you really think it's gonna be around in 10 years?

As far as your commetns about our traditions? They are traditions because they are part of our culture. We partly pay homage to our past as a military college because of it. We are a school with a rabid fanbase. A school that is consistently referred to as one of the base gameday atmospheres and stadiums in the country, and has been referred to as "the best student section" in the country. We are proud of who we are and will not apologize for that.

Again, not about Texas...this is about doing what's best for US.

Look for this to happen EARLY next week.

Again, not about Texas...this is about doing what's best for US.

Nebraska has been saying the same thing but no one wants to believe it

This is what happens when we've been dealing with their crap for years. The media spins it as "getting away from Texas." It would be the same no matter who left.

The B12 may not be around in 10 years - but i can guarantee you Tejas will be, and so will Oklahoma community college. I've heard aggy refer to itself as a great gameday atmosphere,but everyone else mirrors the sentiment of the utah article. i've been to a lot of great venues...pyle field is teh suck. So put on your overalls and do your thing. aggy has never had any regard for the viewpoint of others outside the hive mentalitiy. that's the way most cults are.

The B12 may not be around in 10 years - but i can guarantee you Tejas will be, and so will Oklahoma community college. I've heard aggy refer to itself as a great gameday atmosphere,but everyone else mirrors the sentiment of the utah article. i've been to a lot of great venues...pyle field is teh suck. So put on your overalls and do your thing. aggy has never had any regard for the viewpoint of others outside the hive mentalitiy. that's the way most cults are.

I'm interested what A&M did to you that caused you to invoke such rage. I do like that as much as you say you dislike Texas, you emulate them with the use of "aggy"

To your claims:

CBS Article about Kyle Field

Sports Illustrated Article saying we are the best atmosphere in college football

And I'm sure there are more. Am I saying we are the best? No. But we are highly regarded, and refusing to believe that is just childish and silly.