Official - A&M sends notice to Beebe, Big 12 that they are exploring options

knapplc

"Did any of those officials tell you during the game you were going to get jobbed?'' I asked.

"Yes,'' Pelini said.

What did they tell you?

"I won't say,'' he said. "But it was highway robbery. An absolute joke. I've moved on.''

I know, I've seen it. It was discussed on TexAgs. I'm not saying he never said it. I was saying if it was a legitimate claim, it would have garnered more attention than it got.

Or maybe Pelini didn't want to deal with all the bullsh#t that would have came with going public and making a big deal out of it. Beebe would have done nothing. NCAA *might* have done something. Or they could play the 2 remaining games in the season and get the f#*k out of the Big 12.

"Did any of those officials tell you during the game you were going to get jobbed?'' I asked.

"Yes,'' Pelini said.

What did they tell you?

"I won't say,'' he said. "But it was highway robbery. An absolute joke. I've moved on.''

I know, I've seen it. It was discussed on TexAgs. I'm not saying he never said it. I was saying if it was a legitimate claim, it would have garnered more attention than it got.

This is a sentiment I would like to revisit with you after the season. Specifically, after you play Texas and Oklahoma.

A&M has a solid defense, a decent offense and a legit shot at the Big XII Championship this year.

And if you think the conference won't do everything possible to keep you from being in a position to win, I have a bridge to sell you.

I'd love to. I know it's gonna be tough, and there is probably valid concern that we will be playing an uphill battle. We have a legit shot at the title IF we can somehow beat a STOUT OU team in Norman...but I bet the conference will do everything in their power to precent.

You all act as if we don't know the challenge of the SEC. WE are well aware. Again, this is about visibility and stability in a way the Big XII never provided. We want out for many of the SAME reasons you did.

Last year's "drunken" crowd, eh? If you think that was trotted out with the chairs on the track just for you, you're wrong. Bill Byrne is saying that's going to be likely for almost every game this year because of ticket sales. It's been done before, it'll be done again. You act as iff packing a stadium is never done. Of COURSE it is done to create a home field advantage, but it wouldn't have been done if it were the "dangerous" environment as you seem to think it was. Hell, NU should be thrilled that the BIGGEST crowd to attend a game at Kyle wasn't Texas. It was y'all. It was pretty damn hostile towards us in the visitor's section of that game...if there was hostility, it sure as hell wasn't 1 sided.

You talk about the refs, fine. There was, in my mind, 1 TRULY questionable call....the late hit vs Tannehill late in the game that got us to our 3rd FG. We even had an Ag make a 20 minute video in which he breaks down EVERY ref call during the game. EVERY ONE. I understand the perception, and there might have been some bad calls. I get it. I also know that the Pelini brothers didn't help their cause, especially when Carl broke the camera of an Aggie Media Crew and later apologized. They probably had right to be mad. We've all seen Bo and his sideline antics, and the nation saw it then. You KNOW that has an impact on refs. They're human and can't help but be impacted by a coach who is screaming obscenities at them.

I'm not claiming A&M is a saint. But GBRSal has been attacking my school from the get-go. Not just debating, attacking. I mean, we've heard it all before with the "cult" nonsense, but it's still annoying. I've been a big fan of NU ever since I married a husker, and it saddens me to dread stuff like that for members of a fanbase I greatly respect. The above post you referenced was me trying to show him that the entire nation doesn't view A&M as he does, although he refuses to believe it. A&M and Nebraska both have proud football traditions. I'm sure we've both been the victims of and the beneficiaries of poorly called games. I still believe last year's was fair, but I can understand how that feeling is not universal.

You're right aTm would never do anything that would endanger anyones safety.

Sincerely,

1999 Bonfire

You're right aTm would never do anything that would endanger anyones safety.

Sincerely,

1999 Bonfire

Gonna go ahead and object to this one.

Is 9/11 a joke to you as well?

It's not a joke. 9/11 and the 1999 Bonfire are two completely different things. 9/11 = terrorist attack which we were unprepared for. 1999 Bonfire = dangerous event that aTm allows to go on and is directly contradictory to your statement that aTm would never do anything that could potentially be dangerous for those involved. Is it funny, no. Does it completely disprove your position, yes.

It's not a joke. 9/11 and the 1999 Bonfire are two completely different things. 9/11 = terrorist attack which we were unprepared for. 1999 Bonfire = dangerous event that aTm allows to go on and is directly contradictory to your statement that aTm would never do anything that could potentially be dangerous for those involved. Is it funny, no. Does it completely disprove your position, yes.

Your argument is stupid. Placing CHAIRS ON A TRACK is completely different from bonfire in which most of it was sponsored, but unsupervised, by the University. I'm not going to bother arguing with you about it, because I'll say something to get banned, but the fact you would use the deaths of 12 young Americans as a pawn to prove a poiint on a message board is utterly pathetic and beneath you...or at least it should be.

@Marauder -

Congrats to you and your school on getting out while the getting is good! Good Luck this season...and i mean that because there are going to be some walls put in your way (as already discussed by our departure).

Have fun in the SEC and w/ bowl tie-ins in the future...you never know NU v. aTm could happen somewhere down the line!

As far as where some of the other topics have gone in this thread, those are over and done with....let's put it to rest.

We are Big X and you guys are now SEC! Props to all for seeing the light!

@Marauder -

Congrats to you and your school on getting out while the getting is good! Good Luck this season...and i mean that because there are going to be some walls put in your way (as already discussed by our departure).

Have fun in the SEC and w/ bowl tie-ins in the future...you never know NU v. aTm could happen somewhere down the line!

As far as where some of the other topics have gone in this thread, those are over and done with....let's put it to rest.

We are Big X and you guys are now SEC! Props to all for seeing the light!

Absolutley! I can't help but think it'll be good for my marriage to not have to worry about playing my wife's team on a regular basis every year!!! :)

Courney Osborne's "late" hit was obvious? Right there the video has lost all credibility.

Yeah...not obvious. Questionable for sure. I won't deny that one. I know what the explanation is, but it certainly was not an "obvious" call.

Some of the explanations provided on TexAgs was about safety, although many did believe it was a ticky-tack call and that Bo's sideline behavior may have contributed. But again, questionable at best.

However, you can say "lost all credibility" but considering it was one of the last calls that video goes through, I think it demonstrates it's actually pretty acurate.