Barney Cotton to help Beck coach from the booth, not the sidelines

knapplc

Maybe this is a result of Barney's feelings being hurt because Bo's always screaming at him. At least up there Bo can't poke him. :)

Oh, and if Beck and Taylor have the same brain...well, let's hope it's a huge positive this year.

I think this is writing on the wall. Barney is to bring along Garrison or Stai or both, and then sail off into the sunset.

Do you think he might be up there to help Beck with play calling? Just wondering if maybe Bo wants someone else up there to bounce ideas off of---NOT saying I would welcome this, but it's a thought other than get the hell off my bench, Barney. With all of Barney's family on scholarship, do you think we'd can him?

We wont "can" him. We will either help him actively seek employment elsewhere (Watson and Gilmore) or he will get an assistant athletic directing job. One of the two. He will get a "Big Opportunity that he cant pass up at this point in his life" after the season.

I think this is writing on the wall. Barney is to bring along Garrison or Stai or both, and then sail off into the sunset.

I don't. I see it as a new play caller having someone with experience with him in the booth.

You could be right. I regret writing that line about "respect" because I have zero idea if the players do or don't respect Barney. I wasn't even thinking about what I wrote, and that was dumb.

I'll start the thread titled "knapplc said something dumb". Original, eh?

• Fire 1

I don't. I see it as a new play caller having someone with experience with him in the booth.

if Cotton is going to get involved in play calling, Beck is screwed!

You could be right. I regret writing that line about "respect" because I have zero idea if the players do or don't respect Barney. I wasn't even thinking about what I wrote, and that was dumb.

I'll start the thread titled "knapplc said something dumb". Original, eh?

You could start one of those a day. I'm not as eloquent as I want to be much of the time.

if Cotton is going to get involved in play calling, Beck is screwed!

After three years of Callwatts play calling, I'm not worried at all.

After three years of Callwatts play calling, I'm not worried at all.

Visions of 2003 dancing in my head... 74th in scoring offense, good enough for 10th in the Big 12, only worse than Baylor and ISU.

Well, so glad we fired Frank/Bo/Barney for those glorious Callahan years. Visions of 2009 dancing in my head.......99th in total offense even with a weak sos (thanks to three SunBelt teams we cremated). Progress......love it!!