***Official Tennessee at Chattanooga Game Discussion Thread***

Brion didn't look that great on his first pass. But holy heck, Jamal Turner?!

Also, we got to stop calling the option with Carnes. It's like the zone read with Cody.

Carnes is fast enough to run the option... His problem is making the read/making the LB commit. He's indecisive.

His cousin is the best option QB of all time though, so I think he'll get some sage advice before his next playing time.

Carnes can't run the option worth a crap

Neither can Martinez. He either pitches too soon or runs to the outside instead of cutting it upfield

Martinez doesn't look as hesitant as Carnes in getting up in defenders' faces and attacking while running.

Got to play to Carnes' strengths. If Taylor goes down and we send Carnes in, are we not going to adapt to his skillset or something and just try to run the same offense with a different player, like we did last year in A&M with Cody Green? Because we know how that book ends.

Lee was plenty fast, but he didn't have an attacking rushing mentality. I don' t know if Carnes has that. I think he might be an athletic QB that is good on his feet and on scrambles...but that may or may not translate to the option. If he's indecisive now, is that something that you really overcome? Just doesn't seem like a natural attacking runner.

Carnes can't run the option worth a crap

Neither can Martinez. He either pitches too soon or runs to the outside instead of cutting it upfield

Martinez has scored 3 TDs on the option today, two were long distance, and he had over 100 yards rushing. I think Martinez is doing ok with the option - that's not the part of his game that needs a lot of work.