What did we learn???

walksalone

How do we feel about burning redshirts for all three of the backs? Might just be me, but we should RS Green. Clearly Abdullah is the return man and looked fine in the backfield. Heard was the most physical of the three and is physically the most ready and imposing. Hopefully Green shows something special in the coming games

How do we feel about burning redshirts for all three of the backs? Might just be me, but we should RS Green. Clearly Abdullah is the return man and looked fine in the backfield. Heard was the most physical of the three and is physically the most ready and imposing. Hopefully Green shows something special in the coming games

I was thinking RS at first too but sort of refreshing to see if you can play then let's have these guys play. Burkhead can't carry it everytime and I hope some of these guys will catch it more out of the backfield also. We are going to need a stable of backs so I like what we are doing.

What did we learn???

We learned that there are fans who will never, ever be satisfied, no matter what.

It was the first game of the season with a new offense, new OC, new WR coach, new LB coach, new secondary coach, new assistant coach(es) on the O Line, and things were ragged.

Despite this, apparently there are a LOT of people who expected this game to go tremendously smoothly, and who are overwrought that it didn't.

It was a first game. There are things to work on. There were problems. The fact that this is the case is not the end of the world, or the end of any title run, or any indication of anything, other than that it was our first game.

Apparently a 33-point win just isn't what it used to be.

As so eloquently stated in the "pessimism" thread, there seems to be a large cross section of the fan base that are skeptical. We've been down this road before only to have it come back and bite us in the ass when the season really mattered. Many of us, myself included are in the "once bitten, twice shy" camp. I'm trying to be optimistic, but but it's tough, even though it is only the first game.

The Fresno state game will be a pretty good measuring stick for where our offense needs to go...