Who will have the most rushing yards on Saturday?

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Voted for Polk simply because he is their only running threat and will be the staple of their offense this Saturday. He's not better than any of our guys, but not one of our players will be rushing the ball as much as Polk will be, IMO.

I would argue he is better than anyone in your stable of RB's, he's a legitimate Heisman Watch List type of back and a lock for the NFL.

Don't ignore Jesse Callier, he isn't chopped liver at the RB position.

I hope Washington loads up to stop Martinez. That will be a mistake they will pay for from the line of scrimmage to the goal line.

not sure if TM can make them pay......hope so. it's going to happen sometime this season, just like Texas made TM try to beat them with his arm.....receivers better be up for it too!

Preferably, Rex. Realistically, Martinez.

Martinez

Polk

Rex

In that order.

POLK.....Washington will commit to shuting TM down, he better be able to throw, the receivers better be able to catch and the backs better be able to run big.

Beck will call a few long bombs to Bell, Reed, or Turner to back them off.

The quandary for the Huskies Defense is how to stop Nebraska's ground game. They lost two key LBs last year, Foster and Aiyewa, as well as #2 tackler Nate Williams. Foster led the Huskies in tackles and finished 2010 #2 in the nation in total tackles. Foster and Aiyewa were their top two sack guys last year, Foster and Williams were their top two tacklers overall (Aiyewa was #4), and Aiyewa and Foster were #1 and #2 on the team in tackles for loss.

Those are three huge losses on a defense that ranked 97th against the run last year. The two teams they've played so far, Hawaii and Eastern Washington, don't feature the run as part of their arsenal.

The biggest concern is the Washington secondary, which has gotten torched by two weak teams to the tune of 800+ yards of offense through the air in two games. They will have to focus on our wideouts or die via the long pass, and if they cheat to stop the run, the perimeter opens up, and they could get run out of the stadium.

I could see Nebraska racking up yards all over the field on this team. There is potential here for a significant offensive breakout.

While those losses on their defense are true, you have consider our Oline as well. Not sure if I'm in the minority here or what, but I'd say our lines has regressed from last year if anything. We haven't shown the ability to pound up the middle on Chattanooga or FSU. Of course that's not to say UW can stop the run just like Texas did (last year) just because they want to. I certainly hope we see more 4-3 looks and work to shut down the run, it would be a good primer for B1G play. Plus I get sad every time Blatchford takes the field chuckleshuffle

I figure Polk will have a big day. I think Martinez will be right there with him as far as yards go. I just really hope Burkhead breaks this game open for us. It's time for this offensive line to give the guy a few nice big gaps to run through. I'll always root the loudest for this kid, and he is a lot better than we have made him look thus far. It's Burkhead time.

I would argue he is better than anyone in your stable of RB's, he's a legitimate Heisman Watch List type of back and a lock for the NFL.

Heisman watch list? Which list? The lists I see have no Polk:

ESPN

Stiff Arm Trophy <--- Has both Martinez & Crick in their top 25

Heisman Pundit <--- Martinez on this list as well, no Crick

CNN <--- Martinez on this list as well

CBS <--- Martinez on this list as well

I must be missing this. Which publication has even mentioned Polk as a Heisman-type RB? :dunno

While those losses on their defense are true, you have consider our Oline as well. Not sure if I'm in the minority here or what, but I'd say our lines has regressed from last year if anything. We haven't shown the ability to pound up the middle on Chattanooga or FSU. Of course that's not to say UW can stop the run just like Texas did (last year) just because they want to. I certainly hope we see more 4-3 looks and work to shut down the run, it would be a good primer for B1G play. Plus I get sad every time Blatchford takes the field chuckleshuffle

It's too early to tell if our line has truly regressed. We've faced two teams that stacked eight and nine men in the box. Some of our best teams of all time had trouble against non-conference opponents who stacked the box. We aren't blowing anyone off the line, that's for sure. But we can't draw conclusions about the line yet.

It's too early to tell if our line has truly regressed. We've faced two teams that stacked eight and nine men in the box. Some of our best teams of all time had trouble against non-conference opponents who stacked the box. We aren't blowing anyone off the line, that's for sure. But we can't draw conclusions about the line yet.

We have faced two teams that completely stacked the box on us. And from what I have seen thus far, I see no reason any of the remaining teams on our schedule will do any different. I guess we may never know the talent of the offensive line huh? What ever happened to the HB Screen and WR screen?