Who will have the most rushing yards on Saturday?

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I regretfully voted Polk. I'm hoping our offense finds a solid rhythm this week. We have 4 capable backs, along with Martinez. If the O-line gets it's crap together, there is no reason we couldn't have multiple 100 yard rushers. That remains to be seen. After last week, expect a heavy does of polk as well. Our D-line needs to prove their worth this week.

Washington's game plan is going to be to blitz and load the box to shut down the run game. Martinez will get some sideline runs, but for the most part, the passing game and the outside pitches/runs are what's going to get us yardage Saturday. We are going to need to put some running backs out in the flat, run some reverse, run some diamond, if we're going to pick up any significant yardage in the run game Saturday. I think Beck needs to come out throwing on the first couple of downs, get the defense thinking pass... then light them up with a zone read or I-formation run up the gut. We have got to mix it up this week and go where they're thinking we won't.

Echoing some other esteemed posters around here, I'm going to say Polk for the same reasons already touched on. We simply have more weapons to spread the ball out to, whereas Polk is the warhorse for Washington. That's not to say that Polk isn't talented; he clearly is. We just have more speed spread out through the skill positions. IF our o-line shows up, we should have at least two players approaching 100 yards on the ground. Maybe even three, if the defense closes on Martinez on one of those option plays. I'm still disappointed that pitch to Green against Chattanooga didn't get through. I wanted to see that kid run. If one of those gets through and Ameer or Braylon or Aaron is in the backfield, we may get three offensive players up around the century mark.

I think it'll be TMart. He only needs to get one or two plays where he has room to run and he's piling up yardage. Burkhead's more of a "pound the rock" guy, he usually doesn't end up with a ton of yardage but he moves the chains and punches it in the end zone when we need him to. Could be one of our freshman backs, and from what I've seen from our defense I'm not 100% sure we can consistently keep Polk under wraps, but ultimately I think Martinez will have enough opportunities to run that he's bound to get loose on at least one play.

The quandary for the Huskies Defense is how to stop Nebraska's ground game. They lost two key LBs last year, Foster and Aiyewa, as well as #2 tackler Nate Williams. Foster led the Huskies in tackles and finished 2010 #2 in the nation in total tackles. Foster and Aiyewa were their top two sack guys last year, Foster and Williams were their top two tacklers overall (Aiyewa was #4), and Aiyewa and Foster were #1 and #2 on the team in tackles for loss.

Those are three huge losses on a defense that ranked 97th against the run last year. The two teams they've played so far, Hawaii and Eastern Washington, don't feature the run as part of their arsenal.

The biggest concern is the Washington secondary, which has gotten torched by two weak teams to the tune of 800+ yards of offense through the air in two games. They will have to focus on our wideouts or die via the long pass, and if they cheat to stop the run, the perimeter opens up, and they could get run out of the stadium.

I could see Nebraska racking up yards all over the field on this team. There is potential here for a significant offensive breakout.