Where's The Fire?

Skull&Bones

This team looks hungover in my opinion.

With the passion and fire of Bo and Carl I would think it would carry over to the players and spill out onto the field.

Maybe I am wrong. I have not been to a game this year, I am only reporting on what I've witnessed watching the boob tube (Big 10 channel not in HD so that could be the problem)

I would like to see some Carlos Polk type attitude...fired up and ready to kick some ass!!

I was actually going to start a thread about this same theme myself. I spend a lot of time watching some of the old days games on my vhs tapes and you sure do notice the team chemistry we used to have. You look at these games now and the guys just don't seem to be up. I think the pressure on these kids is a bit much. I think the pressure and criticism from the fan base probably get to these kids ears a lot more with all the blogs and social media outlets there are these days versus in the past.

I wish these kids would put their hand down and help their damn running back up more often. These offensive lineman miss their damn blocks then walk right past the running back as he's on the ground paying for it. I've watched it repreatedly. Nobody helps T Mart up off the turf. Burkhead gets walked over by the big men around him. These kids talked all summer long about the brotherhood they've built. I call BS, I got a family of seven, five of us boys, and if my brother just took a shot and was on the turf, I guarantee you he's gonna get my helping hand everytime. I know there will be plenty of people who would say I'm looking too much into it, or building a mountain out of an ant hill, but I think this stuff means something. We need more helmets slapping, high fiving, and helping hands on this squad. Where is the leadership?

I was actually going to start a thread about this same theme myself. I spend a lot of time watching some of the old days games on my vhs tapes and you sure do notice the team chemistry we used to have. You look at these games now and the guys just don't seem to be up. I think the pressure on these kids is a bit much. I think the pressure and criticism from the fan base probably get to these kids ears a lot more with all the blogs and social media outlets there are these days versus in the past.

I wish these kids would put their hand down and help their damn running back up more often. These offensive lineman miss their damn blocks then walk right past the running back as he's on the ground paying for it. I've watched it repreatedly. Nobody helps T Mart up off the turf. Burkhead gets walked over by the big men around him. These kids talked all summer long about the brotherhood they've built. I call BS, I got a family of seven, five of us boys, and if my brother just took a shot and was on the turf, I guarantee you he's gonna get my helping hand everytime. I know there will be plenty of people who would say I'm looking too much into it, or building a mountain out of an ant hill, but I think this stuff means something. We need more helmets slapping, high fiving, and helping hands on this squad. Where is the leadership?

I haven't noticed or considered that. That's something that is actually pretty telling in my opinion. I'll have to pay attention to that against Warshington.

I agree with the OP. The first game and first half to the second game it was almost as if the players were treating it as a scrimmage. That was the biggest thing I wanted to see change in the offseason. They need to knock that crap off and show up for every play of every game.

We need leaders out on the field, as well as on the sidelines. It's one of the reasons I preferred Lee to TMart last year. He wasn't as athletic, but he did bring some leadership out on the field. I thought Suh also did a good job of bringing it out on the field, on top of his freakish athleticism.

We have a lot of new guys, so it may just take some actual game experience for them to really gel.

We just need to show them this.

Hell, I get pump watching this everytime. Must be a standard before the game.

unfortunately, i don't think there is a swingin' dick like that on our team....that's what we're missing, especially on defense. the old huskers didn't just want to win games, they wanted every team we played to never, ever want to see us again!

• Fire 1