Cause for Panic?....Nah!!

I have a feeling that most of HuskerNation is going to be in panic mode after this game, but I do not see the reason. The Defense definitely has work to do, but I think we'll be good.

Reasons for no-concern:

1. We currently have the best cornerback in the country sitting on the sidelines. Getting Dennard back will be huge because he will shut half of the field down. Therefore Pelini will be able to have more Safety help on the run game.

2. Bo is a master when it comes to coaching a defense, its almost poetic. Think back to the Defense Bo's first year. The progression from the beginning of the year to the end was a miracle. Give him time and the secondary will be just fine.

3. The Secondary has some very talented players. Stafford will really come on in the next couple weeks. Remember Gomes took until the Missouri game (week 4 or 5?) in 2009 until he was really stepping onto the scene as an effective player. That same year he was a absolute force in the Big 12 Championship game against Texas. In a couple weeks our Secondary ought to look a heck of a lot better. ( Where is C. Osborne anyways?)

4. Most of UScrubs points were in junk time. they had 17 points through 3 quarters, and 7 of those points were practically given to them after the Abdullah fumble. I don't like 'what ifs' but the 38 points was a bit obscured. That game was over at 44-17.

Speaking of 'what ifs' UScrub fans need to let it go. The refs mistakes did not cost you that game. Nebraska BEAT you, and was nice enough to let you back in it at the end. Get over move on, you're NOT in our league. Besides you won't find much sympathy from Nebraska fans about bad calls costing games.

chuckleshuffle:ahhhhhhhh:power:wasted

that's what you said last week and look what happen today

In 2009 we were calling for some players heads 3-4 games into the season, but as time went on, everyone on that D was f'ing dominating. We have new guys and we've played 3 games. Obviously there's room for improvement, but I have faith that the Pelini's will take care of it. We have some of the best defensive minds on our sidelines.