Cause for Panic?....Nah!!

I have a feeling that most of HuskerNation is going to be in panic mode after this game, but I do not see the reason. The Defense definitely has work to do, but I think we'll be good.

Reasons for no-concern:

1. We currently have the best cornerback in the country sitting on the sidelines. Getting Dennard back will be huge because he will shut half of the field down. Therefore Pelini will be able to have more Safety help on the run game.

2. Bo is a master when it comes to coaching a defense, its almost poetic. Think back to the Defense Bo's first year. The progression from the beginning of the year to the end was a miracle. Give him time and the secondary will be just fine.

3. The Secondary has some very talented players. Stafford will really come on in the next couple weeks. Remember Gomes took until the Missouri game (week 4 or 5?) in 2009 until he was really stepping onto the scene as an effective player. That same year he was a absolute force in the Big 12 Championship game against Texas. In a couple weeks our Secondary ought to look a heck of a lot better. ( Where is C. Osborne anyways?)

4. Most of UScrubs points were in junk time. they had 17 points through 3 quarters, and 7 of those points were practically given to them after the Abdullah fumble. I don't like 'what ifs' but the 38 points was a bit obscured. That game was over at 44-17.

Speaking of 'what ifs' UScrub fans need to let it go. The refs mistakes did not cost you that game. Nebraska BEAT you, and was nice enough to let you back in it at the end. Get over move on, you're NOT in our league. Besides you won't find much sympathy from Nebraska fans about bad calls costing games.

chuckleshuffle:ahhhhhhhh:power:wasted

Wanna know the reason I'm not worried? Because Bo is not. When our head coach-whom we have all dubbed that savior-says blatantly in his post game press conference that this team is where he wants it to be, he obviously knows something we dont. He then proceeded to explain that college football is a 5 mo process and 3 games in is never the finished product. Funny, it sounds like Bo is trying to calm down the fanbase to not worry that things will be under control. He also explained that Sark threw the entire book at the D in the first half, there were many things our young guys had not seen before, that they settled in the played well in the 3rd quarter, and just lost focus and did boneheaded things in the end. So while Washington opened it up and showed everything, I'm sure Bo and Carl are still trying to hold some things back. Yes, Dennard back will/should be all the difference in the world. He should be able to shut down that half of the field and hopefully we can get back to some nickel. Im sorry, but 3 backers are not cutting it. We dont have the talent there and I feel that David needs to be playing in the middle where he can fly side to side. Him being an outside backer in a 43 takes him out of too many plays. But im not a coach so who knows.

There were some things for concern but I agree that there is no reason to panic. I think getting Dennard back will be a pretty big boost and we can fix some of the other issues. Going into the game my biggest concern was the Oline and they played really well today so hopefully the same can happen for our defense.

Wanna know the reason I'm not worried? Because Bo is not. When our head coach-whom we have all dubbed that savior-says blatantly in his post game press conference that this team is where he wants it to be, he obviously knows something we dont. He then proceeded to explain that college football is a 5 mo process and 3 games in is never the finished product. Funny, it sounds like Bo is trying to calm down the fanbase to not worry that things will be under control. He also explained that Sark threw the entire book at the D in the first half, there were many things our young guys had not seen before, that they settled in the played well in the 3rd quarter, and just lost focus and did boneheaded things in the end. So while Washington opened it up and showed everything, I'm sure Bo and Carl are still trying to hold some things back. Yes, Dennard back will/should be all the difference in the world. He should be able to shut down that half of the field and hopefully we can get back to some nickel. Im sorry, but 3 backers are not cutting it. We dont have the talent there and I feel that David needs to be playing in the middle where he can fly side to side. Him being an outside backer in a 43 takes him out of too many plays. But im not a coach so who knows.

Bo isn't worried because he has complete faith in his guys, and his ability to coach them. Even if he was worried, he wouldn't express that with the media or us, because he doesn't care what we know. Give me ONE reason that Bo has given us in his four years here that should make any of us concerned about his Defenses. You can't say anything about the first half of his first year, because he was attempting to fix a disaster.

Bo Knows Defense ( I feel like I should coin that phrase, it could be big). We will be fine!

Hope you're right. The defense has been horrible so far this year. All the sloppy play from last year has carried over and gotten worse. Over-pursuing, arm "tackles", constantly being out of position. Definate regression since '09. It needs to turn around sooner than later.

If our 2010 Defense is as bad as it gets, we'll be in great shape. chuckleshuffle

In all seriousness...I think the D has taken some steps back, but I do not think they have the same quality of athletes on the field that 2009. I'm not approaching this from nostalgia and what not....but that defense was definitely faster and meaner. That team left opposing offenses battered and shell shocked.

On a similar note...Is Martin in somebody's dog-house or what not? Seems we could find more of a use for that guy.

Hope you're right. The defense has been horrible so far this year. All the sloppy play from last year has carried over and gotten worse. Over-pursuing, arm "tackles", constantly being out of position. Definate regression since '09. It needs to turn around sooner than later.

If our 2010 Defense is as bad as it gets, we'll be in great shape. chuckleshuffle

So far the defense is looking considerably worse than last year. I'd expect the offense to have their troubles at this point, but year four in Pelini's system with his guys... I guess I'm just baffled.