OU demands Beebe's ouster, LHN curbs, to stay in Big XII

knapplc

No go for the Pac, or is this just lip service like we've been hearing on/off? http://espn.go.com/c...enies-expansion

The Pac-12 decided it won't expand further late Tuesday because commissioner Larry Scott couldn't get assurance that Texas would agree to an equal revenue sharing plan if the league added the Longhorns, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State, a source with direct knowledge told ESPN.com.

So wait...if I'm understanding this correctly, the Pac won't expand unless they get Texas, but they won't take Texas unless they agree to equal revenue sharing?

Well if there was any doubt that Texas will screw anybody and everybody to have their way, I guess that's put to rest.

No go for the Pac, or is this just lip service like we've been hearing on/off? http://espn.go.com/c...enies-expansion

The Pac-12 decided it won't expand further late Tuesday because commissioner Larry Scott couldn't get assurance that Texas would agree to an equal revenue sharing plan if the league added the Longhorns, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State, a source with direct knowledge told ESPN.com.

So wait...if I'm understanding this correctly, the Pac won't expand unless they get Texas, but they won't take Texas unless they agree to equal revenue sharing?

Well if there was any doubt that Texas will screw anybody and everybody to have their way, I guess that's put to rest.

Sounds like it, but like it says, the PAC just cut the legs out from OU, but then again if OU was approached by more than one conference it might not be that bad.

They didn't just cut the legs out from OU though. That was my initial reaction, but they also cut the legs out from under Texas more. OU may not have another option true, but...

Neither Does Texas as long as they have the LHN. So the big 12 can go back and vote for everything Texas has held back with their threats of basically "well this conference doesn't exist without us." Because as long as they have a contract with ESPN that is a hollow threat since no other BCS conference would allow them to join.

So the big 12 could pass things that basically say no conference games on school networks, start a conference network, ban high school anything from school networks and so on and Texas has no hand to play, no threat to leave, no threats of anything for 20 years unless ESPN folds the network.

You know, I *could* let folks know where to send their condolences cards, and you can too if you use the State of Texas property search. ;)

Of course, I'm not advocating anything illegal--just simply wishing him a simple "go **** yourself, you ******* douchebag" Hallmark card, perhaps with the picture of a cute kitten or an elderly couple on the cover.

• Fire 1