Black Jersey?

kreutz35

Omg people, its one freaking game where we would wear a diff color uniform! We wouldn't be breaking tradition. Get over it, the players want to do it, they are the ones playing, let them do what they want and if they want to wear all black for ONE game, its okay with me and it should be okay with you. Maybe it will give us some extra juice. New uniforms and a night game, the guys will be PUMPED to play!

Exactly!

Well, Knapp has said it before.

But this is a thread featuring grown men who are furiously debating fashion. Not that grown men don't get all uptight about fashion, but usually it's a dramatic, flamboyant type of bitchy arguing that goes down regularly on the Bravo channel.

This is...comical, actually. I actually want them to rock all blacks at this point, just to see if I can sense the Scanners-style head explosions through my keyboard.

• Fire 2

... that is easily the worst photoshop I have seen in years. Some of you really can't tell that isn't real? The top and bottom aren't even the same shade of black. Heck, there's a giant grey patch on the shoulder. That's ignoring the fact that any true husker fan (:D) is already familiar with that exact picture from a uniform fluff-up earlier in the season.

Since I found out the possibility of joining the B1G, I have been saying the Wisconsin game will be interesting since the two teams have nearly the same colors, uni-maker and uni-look. With that, I am not opposed to something that differentiates the fan bases/teams. Nebraska is known for their well traveled fans creating a sea of red away from home but when you are going to another place with nearly their own sea of red, it makes sense. I am not surprised that Tom Osborne called for Nebraska fans to wear black, as it seems like he likes Nebraska's presence to be known. I love the red/white/black-out concept as an intimidation factor but I also hate it too because if you lose then you look ridiculously foolish for calling so much attention to the game. Risk/reward.

But you have to think. Say the Huskers don't go with black uniforms and they were the ones that released that clearly photoshopped image... I have a hard time believing they would put out something so awfully fake like that but you never know...you have to admit, it is adding hype to the game. Not that WE need the extra hype (even though we eat it up) but as a national marketing tool? It's a pretty genius way to keep Nebraska in the headlines.

Think about how much buzz Nebraska has created first moving conferences, CONSTANTLY in the news. More buzz about the school any time a new team ponders leaving their conference because the news story usually mentions Nebraska. Even more buzz once the season comes about. Even more hype when people are predicting the Huskers to be in the first ever B1G title game. Then you have T.O. announcing a fan black-out for the first ever B1G game which happens to be in enemy territory. Then tossing out the potential for a black helmet and now the hype of maybe a black uni? Genius and nearly free ad campaign right there.

In a world where money dominates all (hell Nebraska essentially left the Big 12 for more money), free advertising like this is amazing. Example? See: Justin Bieber being found on Youtube.

I think it would be interesting to have one team wear home uniforms and the other wear away uniforms to clear up any confusion regarding color scheme.

That makes logical sense but what's the money making, hype building fun in that for the first ever B1G game? Gotta find a way to cash in...:D

Obviously if we wore black uniforms for one game a year it would form a wormhole that would erase all of our past achievements, history and tradition.

Good post!

Wearing a black jersey once = loss of tradition (To some in this thread)

But who the f#*k lists Scarlett and Cream as a huge tradition at Nebraska? The first ten things on my list when I think of tradition are (in no particular order):

1. Blackshirts

2. Tunnel Walk

3. The Sellouts

4. Walk-Ons

5. The Retired Jerseys

6. The Heisman Trio

7. Bowl Games

8. The Back-to-Backs (70', 71') and (94', 95')

9. The Decade of Dominance

10. Academic All-Americans

I don't see how a black jersey takes any of that away from us. It is what it is, a jersey.

In a world where money dominates all (hell Nebraska essentially left the Big 12 for more money), free advertising like this is amazing. Example? See: Justin Bieber being found on Youtube.

Not trying to bag on you, but I strongly disagree with that statement.

Plus you made me think about Justin Bieber for a second. wth, man? :lol:

Not trying to bag on you, but I strongly disagree with that statement.

Plus you made me think about Justin Bieber for a second. wth, man? :lol:

That's fine. I get where you are coming from. In hindsight I wrote that part hastily. It wasn't Nebraska's main reason for leaving but fundamentally some of the reasons revolved around money, whether it was Nebraska on the receiving end or not. Does that help? Maybe I just don't know how to state it correctly. Meh...

I think it would be interesting to have one team wear home uniforms and the other wear away uniforms to clear up any confusion regarding color scheme.

That makes logical sense but what's the money making, hype building fun in that for the first ever B1G game? Gotta find a way to cash in... :D

Sellout.

Right, conferences collapsing for reasons based on financials and I am the sellout for making a hasty sarcastic joke about them. Maybe I needed to use my sarcasm font. Lesson learned.