THANK YOU and Washington Game Closure

husky pup

It will be nice to have your support, thanks for making the trip!! and glad you had a good time, lincoln is one of a kind on gamedays, and seattle was great last year when my friend i went up there, if there was one other place i could live besides lincoln, seattle would be dang near the top, sorry about the bad service at lazlos, i don't go to the downtown one often, but the one that is closer to me isnt that fast on service either, but i think the food is good,and as far as that last line...NO WAY JOSE! i hope that Washington can make it to the Rose bowl, and i'll be cheering for them, but i'm hoping not to play them again soon, as sincere as that can be, time for a change! GBR!

A hearty thumbs up and thank you to all of the many Husker fans we met and experienced while visiting Lincoln this past weekend. A blanket of warmth was evident throughout our visit. At first, it appeared almost a fake sense of welcome.....which soon changed to genuine feelings almost everyone shared. Whether walking around the downtown, eating meals, pre-game or the aftermath of the game itself...you are all to be commended for the welcome you gave to our visiting fans.

Your overall knowlege of college football and even knowing a lot of information about the Huskies was evident.

Thanks as well to those of you who took the time to respond to my request about ideas for places to go and eat while in Lincoln. I must say Misty's in downtown was a winner! Pricy at around $200 for 3 people, the 16 oz Prime Rib was the Bomb! Lazno's was, in all candor, a bad experience. After getting to the table and ordering, the appetizer, salad and food were all given to us all at once and from ordering to finishing dinner it could have not taken more then 1/2 hour. The food was marginal at best and the service was poor.

The Sea of Red was everywhere. The small smattering of Purple around town sure made for an eyesore! Purple and Red certainly are not a good looking mix!

Before revisiting the game, I want to apologize for the guy who calls himself "UDub". We (this is me speaking on behalf of all true Husky fans) certainly do not speak for this jerk who does NOT represent who we are as fans. He has ZERO CLASS and I am truely sorry for his negative commentary on your Board. He sounds like he is one very little man who somehow got a computer and has nothing else better to do.

A few brief and random things on the game:

- The naked bootleg near the end by Martinez was a piece of work. One of the best I have ever seen

- No matter what arguement anyone suggests, the 2 blown calls by the referees were horrible calls. Simply terrible calls. The calls DID

make a difference in our kids (and Coaches) heads. That said, a football game is +/- 130 total snaps so no huge complaints overall

- The Nebraska Tailback Position (if they stay healthy) will be loaded for the next 4 years. They are outstanding talent

- Our young QB (Price) might be a good one. Gutsy kid. IMO he should have been relieved by Nick Montana in the 2nd half. He

was hurt pretty bad

- Good thing the Big-12 is not pass happy. Your Secondary (will change for the better when Dennard gets back) is not a strength

- Your O-Line continued to battle as the game went on. They wore our DL out. We did not substitute well and it showed

That's enough. I don't want to ramble any more. Thanks again for a awesome weekend. Many....and I mean many...other Washington Husky fans who flew in to watch the game have told me they had very similar feelings about the Hospitality they recieved while in Lincoln from

the Husker Fans.

I am a Husker Fan from now on. Dare I say...."Hope to see you play the Huskies again this year in the Rose Bowl?" Stranger things have happened!

From what i've heard, the big12 is very pass happy, Not sure how that affects us, though

Thanks for coming tho. good game

• Fire 1

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself in Lincoln, Hpup. No offense, but unless Nebraska's in the Rose Bowl, I'd prefer not to play Washington AGAIN. Enough is enough.

I will be rooting for the Huskies the rest of the way - I think they can go from good to great if the defense gets shored up a bit. (I am the pot, calling the kettle black here).

Oh, and congrats on dodging getting Texass into your conference. I hope your commish was serious when he said "NO", but who knows.

Thanks for stopping by, Pup. I had a great time chatting with all the Washington fans I met over the weekend. It was pretty clear that the very small minority of blowhards that visited HuskerBoard were not even remotely representative of who you guys are. You're a friendly, nice bunch.

I'm really sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Lazlo's. It's hands down one of my favorite places, and I've never had an experience like you described. Every joint has a bad night, though, and it sounds like you guys caught it on a bad night, or just got bad service. It happens sometimes - I'm just sorry it happened to you when we've been pumping it up to you like that. Glad Misty's turned out well, but funny story - the last time I ate there, I had a terrible experience. You never know, I guess.

I wouldn't mind playing Washington again, but not for a few years. Three times in 12 months is enough for a while, no matter how cool you guys are.

I'm glad you had a good time. I 100% agree with all of your game notes. I'm not a big fan of Lazlos either.

I'm a giant fan of "Teeth", the guy is a leader, and one hell of a talent. I was disturbed to see they kept him in the game wen he couldn't run (barely even walk), even though there was very little hope of a comeback. He could of really gotten hurt, and I thought it reflected poorly on the coaching staff.

The blown calls were also disappointing to see. I can't recall a game in years when we have gotten lucky like that, usually it's the other way around. Anyway, glad you had a great time and hope you come back soon, there are always fans here that are willing to grill up some food and watch some football with ya.

Glad to hear that you had a good time husky pup!

I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience at Lazlos. LIke knapplc said, that place is usually consistently good.

Good luck to the Huskies from here on out! I think I would trade Martinez for Price . . . straight up. Polk is also a good one. Hope you guys tear up the PAC.

A hearty thumbs up and thank you to all of the many Husker fans we met and experienced while visiting Lincoln this past weekend. A blanket of warmth was evident throughout our visit. At first, it appeared almost a fake sense of welcome.....which soon changed to genuine feelings almost everyone shared. Whether walking around the downtown, eating meals, pre-game or the aftermath of the game itself...you are all to be commended for the welcome you gave to our visiting fans. Your overall knowlege of college football and even knowing a lot of information about the Huskies was evident. Thanks as well to those of you who took the time to respond to my request about ideas for places to go and eat while in Lincoln. I must say Misty's in downtown was a winner! Pricy at around $200 for 3 people, the 16 oz Prime Rib was the Bomb! Lazno's was, in all candor, a bad experience. After getting to the table and ordering, the appetizer, salad and food were all given to us all at once and from ordering to finishing dinner it could have not taken more then 1/2 hour. The food was marginal at best and the service was poor. The Sea of Red was everywhere. The small smattering of Purple around town sure made for an eyesore! Purple and Red certainly are not a good looking mix! Before revisiting the game, I want to apologize for the guy who calls himself "UDub". We (this is me speaking on behalf of all true Husky fans) certainly do not speak for this jerk who does NOT represent who we are as fans. He has ZERO CLASS and I am truely sorry for his negative commentary on your Board. He sounds like he is one very little man who somehow got a computer and has nothing else better to do. A few brief and random things on the game: - The naked bootleg near the end by Martinez was a piece of work. One of the best I have ever seen - No matter what arguement anyone suggests, the 2 blown calls by the referees were horrible calls. Simply terrible calls. The calls DID make a difference in our kids (and Coaches) heads. That said, a football game is +/- 130 total snaps so no huge complaints overall - The Nebraska Tailback Position (if they stay healthy) will be loaded for the next 4 years. They are outstanding talent - Our young QB (Price) might be a good one. Gutsy kid. IMO he should have been relieved by Nick Montana in the 2nd half. He was hurt pretty bad - Good thing the Big-12 is not pass happy. Your Secondary (will change for the better when Dennard gets back) is not a strength - Your O-Line continued to battle as the game went on. They wore our DL out. We did not substitute well and it showed That's enough. I don't want to ramble any more. Thanks again for a awesome weekend. Many....and I mean many...other Washington Husky fans who flew in to watch the game have told me they had very similar feelings about the Hospitality they recieved while in Lincoln from the Husker Fans. I am a Husker Fan from now on. Dare I say...."Hope to see you play the Huskies again this year in the Rose Bowl?" Stranger things have happened!
From what i've heard, the big12 is very pass happy, Not sure how that affects us, though Thanks for coming tho. good game

I hope you were trying to be funny, otherwise you will need to change your name to not good at reading lol. Pup's original post stated Big 10 not the Big 12

[ From what i've heard, the big12 is very pass happy, Not sure how that affects us, though Thanks for coming tho. good game

I hope you were trying to be funny, otherwise you will need to change your name to not good at reading lol. Pup's original post stated Big 10 not the Big 12

No, it said Big 12 when the topic was first made. He edited it when he realized the error.

[ From what i've heard, the big12 is very pass happy, Not sure how that affects us, though Thanks for coming tho. good game

No, it said Big 12 when the topic was first made. He edited it when he realized the error.

oh ok my appologize then, when I first read it said Big Ten. Seeing how theres no edited by I didn't know it was edited.