So, if we beat Wisconsin...

Saunders

Damn Saunders, you got some poster's panties seriously twisted with this thread..... :laughpound

Please, the creating of this thread was a deceleration of the OP's panties being crammed in his arse.

bullsh#t. I'm sick of seeing husker fans go full retard after every game because we didn't win 50-0. Instead of thoughtful critiquing an analysis, we get tons of threads of "our team/players/coaches all suck."

It's an undeniable fact, and all you have to do is search back through the pages to see all the "sky is falling" threads.

Very few people actually do any type of analytical posting. It's always taking about everything to the extreme in order to prove a (correct or incorrect) point.

Forgive me for wanting the fanbase to live up to the "classy/knowedgeable/best" fans label we have, versus acting like a bunch of pretentious spoiled babies because we aren't winning every game by 6 touchdowns.

• Fire 2

Damn Saunders, you got some poster's panties seriously twisted with this thread..... :laughpound

Please, the creating of this thread was a deceleration of the OP's panties being crammed in his arse.

bullsh#t. I'm sick of seeing husker fans go full retard after every game because we didn't win 50-0. Instead of thoughtful critiquing an analysis, we get tons of threads of "our team/players/coaches all suck."

It's an undeniable fact, and all you have to do is search back through the pages to see all the "sky is falling" threads.

Very few people actually do any type of analytical posting. It's always taking about everything to the extreme in order to prove a (correct or incorrect) point.

Forgive me for wanting the fanbase to live up to the "classy/knowedgeable/best" fans label we have, versus acting like a bunch of pretentious spoiled babies because we aren't winning every game by 6 touchdowns.

I agree with Saunders and a few folks need to realize that Taylor has only started 16 games and he's still growing as a QB. Husker fans expected a lot out of Taylor last year for a Freshman.

Just do what I do and try to avoid Huskerboard during the season because there are quite a few post where people are over reacting.

Honest question. If someone truly believes this team is in for a rough ride, that a certain coach or player is hurting the team, that the Huskers will lose their upcoming game. What do you purpose they do? Keep it to themselves? Not post on this board?

They need to analyze their reasoning for you? So it's not okay for them to just say "I think we're going to get creamed next week". They need to actually explain in X's and O's why they feel that way?

I just don't get the logic. Been a Husker fan all my life. Live 10 minutes from the stadium. Never felt I wasn't allowed to call them how I see them. Be it positive or not.

Honest question. If someone truly believes this team is in for a rough ride, that a certain coach or player is hurting the team, that the Huskers will lose their upcoming game. What do you purpose they do? Keep it to themselves? Not post on this board?

They need to analyze their reasoning for you? So it's not okay for them to just say "I think we're going to get creamed next week". They need to actually explain in X's and O's why they feel that way?

I just don't get the logic. Been a Husker fan all my life. Live 10 minutes from the stadium. Never felt I wasn't allowed to call them how I see them. Be it positive or not.

i agree. we all want the huskers to win. i'm cautiously optimistic, but i expect NU will have to improve and play lights out to win. i also think wiscy has looked pretty good for awhile now. it is what it is.

If you feel that way, go for it. But posts like "Cassidy sucks, the coaches are retarded, and our secondary is the worst ever" are way to common, and completely pointless. I prefer intelligent discussion, versus much of the garbage that's spewed on message boards. But since I'm stuck in $EC country, I don't have much choice. The logic behind my posts is for meaningful discussion, not rants from 15 year old emo kids.

To be honest, I don't put a lot of stock in the opinions of people who post like this, because most of them are just going with the flow, and have zero idea what they're talking about, or looking at. But it gets old seeing thread after thread of whining by idiots. Whether Husker fans realize it or not... the other team is trying to win too, and what happened in the mid 90's will never ever happen again. Yet, that's what we compare every team too.

I'm one of the "hating" realists. To those with the rose colored glasses who see no flaws in our team, answer these questions:

1. How is are defense going to contain a mobile Wisconsin qb when they couldn't do it against Fresno?

2. How is the defense going to stuff Wisconsin's heralded running game when they've given up over nearly 200 yards+ to lesser quality opponnents?

3. How will Martinez manage not to get picked against faster defenses when he consistently underthrows his targets and rarely hits a receiver in a stride?

4. Martinez has fumbled nearly 10+ times already this year. He got most back --but what happens when he's playing a faster defense?

5. The o-line is inconsistent against weaker teams. What happens when they play a real top 10 team?

6. Look at all the teams rated behind us in the top 25. Could we beat all of them or are we overrated?

How about answering this....

1. Find "one" post from "anybody" that stated NU has no flaws.

I wait patiently....

This.

If you feel that way, go for it. But posts like "Cassidy sucks, the coaches are retarded, and our secondary is the worst ever" are way to common, and completely pointless. I prefer intelligent discussion, versus much of the garbage that's spewed on message boards. But since I'm stuck in $EC country, I don't have much choice. The logic behind my posts is for meaningful discussion, not rants from 15 year old emo kids.

To be honest, I don't put a lot of stock in the opinions of people who post like this, because most of them are just going with the flow, and have zero idea what they're talking about, or looking at. But it gets old seeing thread after thread of whining by idiots. Whether Husker fans realize it or not... the other team is trying to win too, and what happened in the mid 90's will never ever happen again. Yet, that's what we compare every team too.

that's ironical, as you started a thread to address those opinions of those people.

• Fire 1

that's ironical, as you started a thread to address those opinions of those people.

And? Ignoring someone's opinion doesn't have anything to do with getting annoyed by thread after thread getting derailed because of idiotic posts. My original post was more of a sarcastic challenge anyway.

i agree. we all want the huskers to win. i'm cautiously optimistic, but i expect NU will have to improve and play lights out to win. i also think wiscy has looked pretty good for awhile now. it is what it is.

Well, that and the ENDLESS posts...let me repeat that...."ENDLESS" posts by NU fans whining, sobbing and crying that Tmart isn't Dan Marino.

They simply can't comprehend that we're now a "run-first" offense. They also can't comprehend the benefits that come with greased lightning at qb like frequently wide open wrs. Or how it that vastly improves our running game and that running ball successfully wins games. They just can't grasp it.

Those handful of us posters older than 15 remember quite well NU having huge success with "very" marginal passers like Crouch, Frazier & Frost. Those guys were major threats with their feet too and no one confused them with D. Fouts.

Lastly, as daskers posted a few weeks ago, it's extremely obvious that a large portion of that crowd really want Tmart to fail. Oh, they'll deny that but they're lying through their teeth as their endless posts tearing the kid apart show so well. "Our" kid. "Our" qb.

It's disgusting to say the very least.

Wisconsin has had trouble containing mobile QBs. The guys who've watched Wisconsin this year can back me up on this. The QBs they've had trouble with aren't as fast as Taylor and aren't running behind as good of a line as we have either. Wisonsin puts up numbers, but the truth is that they've been bailed out by playing against inferior athletes just as much as we have. Pointing out realistic flaws is not a problem. When you become annoying is when you hold other teams to easier standards than you hold Nebraska to, then use your observations, based on your standards, to determine that we are going to get smashed by 3+ touchdowns. We're playing against Wisconsin, not 1995 Nebraska. We'll be ok.

Great post. You mean to tell me Wisconsin hasn't beaten the #1 team in the country each week. I never would have realized that from reading the posts around here. Seriously though, I think it will be a close game till the fourth quarter when our O will just were them down. I have watched a few of there games too, and those saying they are slow on D aren't joking.

Many of the people on this board clearly have had a heavy dose of ESPN. They seem to think that Wisconsin is an unstoppable force. Wisconsin is sloppy. Like I said, they benefit from playing against inferior athletes. The teams they play aren't fast enough or strong enough to expose Wisconsin's poor play, but Nebraska is, regardless of how "bad" we've played so far.

Don't kid yourself, 15 year old emo kids don't care about football

Don't kid yourself, 15 year old emo kids don't care about football

Could have fooled me by the state of husker message boards the last 3 weeks.

sunshinepump.jpg