Offensive Playcalling Early Against Wisky

beanman

^ Right. People seem to complain about the fact that we throw deep on a lot of our scoring drives, but heck, I think it just gives us something else to keep in the holster. If our WRs/TEs are faster than the DBs/CBs, why not throw fly patterns all night?

Edit: This assumes the OL can keep the rush off Martinez long enough for them to get deep, of course.

If it's true that they're a bit slow on the front seven, then hit the outside HARD. Although I'm guessing that Wisconsin a bit slow is still faster than any front seven we've faced this year, Martinez will have to bring his sprintin' shoes.

Edit: and try his best not to outrun Burkhead on the option plays. :facepalm:

Yeah, that is a problem. Maybe just use one of the triplets on the option & SuperRex for all the inside running?

^ Right. People seem to complain about the fact that we throw deep on a lot of our scoring drives, but heck, I think it just gives us something else to keep in the holster. If our WRs/TEs are faster than the DBs/CBs, why not throw fly patterns all night?

Edit: This assumes the OL can keep the rush off Martinez long enough for them to get deep, of course.

This is why I feel the O will keep them off balance

how aggressive will we be? is it going to be a game of ball control? start fast and then slow it down, just like kanye and jay-z? will we go for it on fourth on short? i'm so curious, but we will need a full team strategy. the offense and defense will have to play off of each other.

We're going to be multiple. And we're going to try and score. And we're going to try and execute. Bo says so.

since watson, i still don't know what that means.

Me either.

I don't care what we call as long as it puts points on the board. I definitely expect a high tempo, pound the rock game until they start stacking the box and then some option passes to the slots to keep the defense on it's heels. Beck needs to pull out all the stops no more wait til 3rd quarter and show we are a good offensive team, we need to come out and play.

Teams are forced to prepare for Taylor Martinez trying to take the corner. They usually do a pretty good job.

For that reason I hope Taylor Martinez doesn't try a single designed running play for the first quarter. Or the first half. We work the middle, even if it's ugly, let the RBs try to get the corner on pitch outs and options, and design short, high-percentage completions for Taylor to get to our increasingly cool platoon of speedy receivers.

We probably will open with a three and out. Or at least punt from our own territory. And we won't care. If we get even modest success with Burkhead up the middle and sideline flair passes, we can bide our time before unleashing Martinez to run the corners and Bell, Reed and Turner to fly deep. And then, suddenly, the middle opens up for Burkhead.

I don't know why they don't just hire me to run this team.

• Fire 1

I would venture to guess that we will try to run play-action the first play of the game, with the ball going deep to Kyler. He will more than likely be wide-open but the ball will be under thrown and we will have a 40 yard pick up. Then they get a heavy dose of Burkehead up the middle. I think we end up with a field goal on our first possession.

Teams are forced to prepare for Taylor Martinez trying to take the corner. They usually do a pretty good job.

For that reason I hope Taylor Martinez doesn't try a single designed running play for the first quarter. Or the first half. We work the middle, even if it's ugly, let the RBs try to get the corner on pitch outs and options, and design short, high-percentage completions for Taylor to get to our increasingly cool platoon of speedy receivers.

We probably will open with a three and out. Or at least punt from our own territory. And we won't care. If we get even modest success with Burkhead up the middle and sideline flair passes, we can bide our time before unleashing Martinez to run the corners and Bell, Reed and Turner to fly deep. And then, suddenly, the middle opens up for Burkhead.

I don't know why they don't just hire me to run this team.

Your scenario sounds like a high possibility to me. Hit them with SuperRex in the middle and the triplets outside. Then kill them with PA to our speed demon wrs and some warp7 Tmart zone reads.