Cosgrove

I wonder if the dissenters are ready to give Cosgrove a little credit. Anyone notice Wisconsin's D had an awesom year last year and this year they are giving up huge amounts of yards and points. Every game is a shootout. Could it have anything to do with Cosgrove leaving? Huskers were pretty bad last year, but doing quite well this year.

I'll admit it. I was one of the fans who jumped all over Coz when the defense didn't look good last year. But I'm realizing now that I was wrong. Is there a defense in the country that has made a bigger turnaround in one year? Not to mention we have our 2 starting OLB's out. I know a big reason for this turnaround is the players buying into his system, but what has he done different this year to get the players to buy in that he wasn't doing last year? If anyone knows... do tell.

I was tough on him last year but as usual the coaches often get too much blame or too much credit. Kudos to Cosgrove this year as long as I don't see another prevent defense he pulled out at the end of the Pitt game. I also think an all out blitz on the last play of the Tech game might have resulted in a win, but that's my opinion.

Shatel brought that up in this weekends paper and I wondered the samething. Over 1000 yards rushing against the Badgers this year. NU is at 390

Shatel did, I really didn't see that, but every since the ZBowling green/Northwest game when Wisconsin was battling it out into the 4th after putting up 50.

Yea, I forget where it was but I remember reading it and thinking "I should post about that" :clap

I'll admit it. I was one of the fans who jumped all over Coz when the defense didn't look good last year. But I'm realizing now that I was wrong. Is there a defense in the country that has made a bigger turnaround in one year? Not to mention we have our 2 starting OLB's out. I know a big reason for this turnaround is the players buying into his system, but what has he done different this year to get the players to buy in that he wasn't doing last year? If anyone knows... do tell.

:yeah

I like my crow served with a little brown gravy...

i defended cosgrove b/c of the same issue Willie brought up- certain players not "buying into the system".

but i was not necessarily on Coz's bandwagon. i guess i was in the "wait and see" department, but i admit i thought we'd wait only to see more troubles with his defenses before eventually he'd (hopefully) be replaced in 2-3 years... I'm glad I was wrong!

sorry coach Coz! :bang

I was on Cos's butt to last year. Guess I learned a lesson the players play the game not the coaches. This years team is special that it has heart and soul both sides of the ball! I don't think the team was that upset after the loss to Tech,showed great come back and lets not forget Tech is undefeted and put up some score on K-State!!!! Cheer Tech the rest of the year and if they pull it off in the South and we pull it off in the North then there is going to be one great game at the end of the season!

he's no charlie mcbride. but then again, charlie was a one-of-a-kind kinda guy so the comparison isn't fair on the face of it.

that being said, i think coz has done good this season. he's gotten the kids to believe they're blackshirts again. after a year gone bad, the swagger is back and the blackshirts playing like the days of old. and it sounds like everyone's having fun.

personally, i like coz. but that's just me.