Poor officiating

AJ32

It might partially be the whiskey but I definitely saw the RB punch Fisher on their first touchdown... Not okay. And we sucked it up but the officiating didn't help at all.

Well, it looked a lot more like a pretty hard stiff arm (he didn't have a closed fist) and he did it b/c he was five yards deep in the end zone and the play had been whistled dead for a while and the defender was still trying to tackle him for some reason. There may have been a few bad calls, but that is not the reason Nebraska lost.

You guys will have a big victory next week, my alma mater is seriously terrible right now. You all will feel much better next Saturday night.

Nope. We definitely didn't lose because of the officiating. We beat ourselves. Its still annoying, but that's how it goes sometimes I guess. You may be right about the stiff arm. I wasn't watching that closely because the play was over. I caught it out of the corner of my eye and was shocked. I will have to see if I can find a video clip of it to see what really went down...

An open fist does not make it a stiff arm.

Not sure if you are being serious...

Mods should just delete this f'ing thread, this is the reason every other fan base says we always have to have an excuse why we lost, well let me tell you this, we lost because of ourselves and wisconsin was a better team, were there a lot of missed calls? well sure, and id say more were not in favor of us, but wisconsin is flat out a better team right now, get your head out of the 90's people, we sucked dick today, and now we can suffer the consequences, not by bringing up sh#t about the refs, but bringing up sh#t about wtf the players were doing playing lackluster football, and mediocre coaching, they are to blame, not refs for gods sake

• Fire 2

The officiating was fine, everygame the talk is how we get held, it's the same on the other side of the ball too, I did think one PI call on us was very qestionable, but I really thought they were fine. When we false start, line up in an illegal formation, or drill a receiver 15 yds downfield while the QB slides down and doesn't even throw the ball, how do we blame the officals. We are an incredibly undisciplined team, and that comes from the top down.

And if Fisher did get hit, it may have been the only "hit" he was in on all night.

Mods should just delete this f'ing thread, this is the reason every other fan base says we always have to have an excuse why we lost, well let me tell you this, we lost because of ourselves and wisconsin was a better team, were there a lot of missed calls? well sure, and id say more were not in favor of us, but wisconsin is flat out a better team right now, get your head out of the 90's people, we sucked dick today, and now we can suffer the consequences, not by bringing up sh#t about the refs, but bringing up sh#t about wtf the players were doing playing lackluster football, and mediocre coaching, they are to blame, not refs for gods sake

AGREE!!!! Please delete this worthless thread.

It might partially be the whiskey but I definitely saw the RB punch Fisher on their first touchdown... Not okay. And we sucked it up but the officiating didn't help at all.

Well, it looked a lot more like a pretty hard stiff arm (he didn't have a closed fist) and he did it b/c he was five yards deep in the end zone and the play had been whistled dead for a while and the defender was still trying to tackle him for some reason. There may have been a few bad calls, but that is not the reason Nebraska lost.

You guys will have a big victory next week, my alma mater is seriously terrible right now. You all will feel much better next Saturday night.

Nope. We definitely didn't lose because of the officiating. We beat ourselves. Its still annoying, but that's how it goes sometimes I guess. You may be right about the stiff arm. I wasn't watching that closely because the play was over. I caught it out of the corner of my eye and was shocked. I will have to see if I can find a video clip of it to see what really went down...

An open fist does not make it a stiff arm.

Not sure if you are being serious...

Hands to the face? Still a penalty. Defender might have kept going after the whistle, but how many times was the the whistle blown & the Wisconsin defenders still took Martinez to the ground? The officials should have thrown a flag on Fisher if thats the case.

We didn't lose because of officiating. That doesn't mean the officiating didn't suck.

Yeah, we didn't tackle, we played like sh#t. That doesn't mean the officials didn't miss a lot of calls. Refs miss calls all the time. That doesn't mean we should let them off the hook for obvious calls. I thought the officials missed a huge call in the Baylor-K State game (where the Baylor wide reciever threw a lateral, not a pass). Kansas State still won. The officials still got that call wrong.

• Fire 1

I just figured the no call on that play in the endzone was a make up from one of the previous plays where they completely whiffed on the facemask that would have given Wisky the ball at the 6 instead of the 12. They missed some stuff early but overall I thought the refs did a decent job.

A poor officiating thread? Really?

Were there not obvious blown calls? It did not cost us the game, but some of the calls were still obviously incorrect.

You can say that about every single game in college football and there are always blown calls in both directions - so I supppose that every team board in the country will need one of these threads after every game win or lose.

ok - that isn't totally true, there are some times that a team truly DOES get hosed (see Nebraska several times last year) or when a blown call actually does affect the outcome of the game. But in general it is just something both teams have to live with.

The refs were very poor this game. To avoid copyright infringement issues, I have attached links to pictures of multiple instances that were not called.

Face mask

http://huskerextra.com/gallery/football/collection_a7177bc9-3f31-51f1-8ea4-2290acd09449.html#58

Face mask

http://huskerextra.com/gallery/football/collection_a7177bc9-3f31-51f1-8ea4-2290acd09449.html#5

Holding

http://huskerextra.com/gallery/football/collection_a7177bc9-3f31-51f1-8ea4-2290acd09449.html#6

It is tough to win on the road, but it is even tougher to beat two opponents.