Rooting for Tech?

Washusker

Being that Tech is my second favorite team I want them to win the game. Texas beat them last year at Lubbock, but Tech seems to play Texas at home better. Two years ago, Texas just squeaked it out in the final couple of seconds. Tech won the statistics battle by a land slide.

There were some who said all along that Tech was the only one in the Big 12 South that could beat Texas. We lost in the final seconds to a very good team. We have nothing to be ashamed of. Tech wins the south it makes our game look alot better. Texas will not emabarass the Raiders this year. It will be down to the very end. Tech and Nebraska are becoming a slight rivalry. Tech absolutely hates Texas and has since great grandpa played. This should be a very interesting game.

But we need to worry about Missouri. We have to get by them for anything good to happen.

Theres no way Texas rolls over the top rated offence in the nation, just no way, their defence isnt good enough to stop them on every drive, I see tech putting 30+ on Texas for the win.

:wtf

Slow down a bit on the top rated offense of TT --

Texas Tech A = 87.59 6 0 56.99( 138)

The 138 in this line is TT's Strength of Schedule from Sagarin - http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt05.htm

Texas wins by 21, at least.

TT drops to 14th in the polls.

First, I think Texas will win. Who i Want to win is a different question but i do want a close game.

i can think of reasons i want either team to win but what it really comes down to for me is who i would want NU to play in the Big XII championship (should we keep up our end in the North).

if Texas wins the South

+ : Another shot at beating a team that has undoubtedly had our #, whether we were good/bad/ok/whatever. Another shot at beating Texas.

- : ...it'd probably just be yet another shot for them to beat us, again.

- : We'll get to play Texas next year and the year after that anyway- and we'll likely have better teams by that time and therefore a better chance for pent up revenge.

+ : maybe R.Raider fans would finally shut up.

if TTU wins the South

+ : A rematch, a chance at redemption for a game We Won until the last 12 seconds.

+ : b/c we've already beat them once (almost), i'd feel better about our chances vs TTU than vs Texas.

- : hmmm.... maybe... having to listen to TTU's classless & clueless fans talk about how great they are for a whole week leading up to the game. but yet, annoying trash talking would happen whether we played the R.Raiders or the Longhorns.

I guess you could call me old school, but i've never been a fan of the 'upstart' team. I'll root for the traditional power school on almost every occasion. So unless its a non-conference game of there's a team from the Big 10 playing I'll take the school with the tradition. I'm cheering for UT but hoping its close. Either way I won't be upset about this one, just looking forward to a fun football game to watch. My prediction is that Texas controls the ball and the clock with a power running game and keeps the score in the high 20s.

I have to root for Texas in this one, because in my opinion they are the only team in the nation tough enough to take out USC. And id rather have Texas win it all than USC just to make the big 12 even tougher if we had defending national champions to play in next year's conference championship game. what an upset that will be...

I have to root for Texas in this one, because in my opinion they are the only team in the nation tough enough to take out USC. And id rather have Texas win it all than USC just to make the big 12 even tougher if we had defending national champions to play in next year's conference championship game. what an upset that will be...

I just realized that if its Texas and USC in the Rose Bowl, one way or the other we'll be playing the nat. champs next year. get excited :thumbs

As a rule of thumb...any team we play I want to win except when we play then. In an ideal world - NU goes 11-0 against 11, 10-1 teams. :)

Although...the thought of a rematch is intriguing...hrmmm....

IRISH!

GBR!

I'm with you on this one. My momma always told me, "If you're gonna get beat, you wanna get beat by the best."

I don't know about USC and Texas though...

At the same time, I don't think TT would have a chance against USC...

But I would like to see a NU vs. TT rematch. REVENGE!! :devil