Rooting for Tech?

Washusker

I think I would, for two reasons:

One, we'd have a shot of getting a rematch. If we can run the table (or even drop one game but then beat CU), we'd probably be facing them in the Championship game. And I don't think anyone on this squad fears Tech anymore. (Although, I'd hate to face that offense a second time)

Second, our loss and strength of schedule would be a lot better to look at. ISU, Pitt, and Wake are proving to be very mediocre at best. It would do our credibility some real good if we could point to the Tech game and say: We should have beaten that club, and they beat UT!

On the other hand, I'd love to face UT in the Championship game, if we could get that far. Just to test our mettle!

I guess at this point, I really don't care who wins the game. However, I'm kind of pulling for Texas for a couple of reasons. 1) They are really the only team from the Big 12 that has a legitimate shot at winning the whole bag of marbles this year. 2) This one kind of contradicts number one, but I'd kind of like to see Texas get snubbed out of the Rose Bowl this year after the way Mack whined and cried last year to get a BCS birth.

If TT wins, let's face it they'll be lucky to even crack the top 8. It will make the Big 12 look even more pathetic than we already do. Yet, I have nothing against TT but I hate Texas ever since the 1996 Big 12 Championship game. I will watch the game until either it's over or gets out of hand. My gut tells me that the game will get out of hand way before it's over.

I guess at this point, I really don't care who wins the game. However, I'm kind of pulling for Texas for a couple of reasons. 1) They are really the only team from the Big 12 that has a legitimate shot at winning the whole bag of marbles this year. 2) This one kind of contradicts number one, but I'd kind of like to see Texas get snubbed out of the Rose Bowl this year after the way Mack whined and cried last year to get a BCS birth.

If TT wins, let's face it they'll be lucky to even crack the top 8. It will make the Big 12 look even more pathetic than we already do. Yet, I have nothing against TT but I hate Texas ever since the 1996 Big 12 Championship game. I will watch the game until either it's over or gets out of hand. My gut tells me that the game will get out of hand way before it's over.

I mean snubbed as in going undefeated but losing out in the polls to Va Tech and USC. It would be poetic justice to Cal for last year!

I am in 2 schools of thought.

First one is, do i want Tech to win for a possible rematch? No becuase if we do get a rematch and beat them, i will be pissed off at the fact we lost to them the first time, and that will put me in a bad mood for a couple of weeks.

Second one is, do i want tech to lose and Nebraska play Texas? Yes, i want our team to go up against Texas and see how far apart the talent gap is. You will never know how good this team is untill it goes up against another talented team. Right now, Texas is the team that fits the mold.

Pretty hard decision to make. I do expect Tech to stay head and toe with Texas for the first couple of quarters before Texas pulls away

If TT wins, let's face it they'll be lucky to even crack the top 8.

TT is rated 7th right now, homes. :thumbs:smokin

I would like TT to win and have a chance for a rematch in December. The winner of this game will be the South Champ.

Thats what I had in mind as well. Texas has had a track record of letting a lesser talented team sneak up and get them. Tech could be the one.

In a way, I want Tech to win and HOPEFULLY we can win out and have our revenge game. Secretly, I'm loving this little rivalry between Tech and us that is brewing. It's just a shame we only get to play twice every 2 years (same for Oklahoma).

OTOH, I hope we can win out as can Texas. It would be the remake of the '96 B12 Championship Game. Nebraska came in the overwhelming favorite, but an upset-minded Texas squad snuck up on them and ousted them. This time, I hope it could be in reverse with us as the underdogs pulling the upset.

But all of this is moot unless we win out. So I think we need to focus on our season rather than looking ahead.