40 time: 4.4

Visit Date: 11/12/05

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Florida

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: JUCO #5/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:NR

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 50% Hello, the road to el dorado, the legendary road of S. Amer. that was supposed to lead to gold & opportunity, may lead another to memorial stadium:

kenny wilson **** (6-0, 215, 4.4) of el dorado, butler county comm. college has been given a scholarship to play for UN in '06.

His invitation to join UN will give UN an experienced, aggressive & quick back for its back field, which may mean a little less pressure on the young backfield, but a few less carries, also.

There is a great chance that he lands with UN, since there is a comfort zone with former team mates - tomerlin, hardy, & taylor - and his coach has been a bug in his ear for him to follow the others.

Also, if wilson comes than jackson will most likely stay at safety.

(In '06, we should get two more players from butler co. comm. in franklin & hunter).

The coaching staff is just keeping contact with him and making sure they stay within his recruitment in case Cobbs decides to go elsewhere. The coaching staff wants Cobb. I mentioned this in another thread a long time ago.

The coaches are looking for long term playmakers and going the JUCO route instead of the highschool route isn't their intention. We are in no immediate danger if we do not land a highschool RB. In fact, i wouldn't be suprised if NU didn't land a back this year at all (doubtful). The RB position is pretty set depth wise for now, so Nebraska doesn't need a juco that bad this year, but it would be nice to have a guy like Kenny.

His coach is not pressuring him to follow other teammates to Nebraska, i can assure you of that.

dedhoarse Hello, from what I have read kenny wilson has been given a scholarship by the UN coaches (rivals),...& I know that everything that I read is not always absolute &, that scholarship offers can materialize into nothing (see hayo carpenter, fenuki tupou, etc...coaches & players interest may wane...

Yet, I think that this scholarship is more than just for two parties to keep in contact...I think that he will visit (KSU or after sometime) & may verbel...

Also, I think that cobb has been dragging his heels in regards to UN...he seems to want to stay in Texas & play for UT (if offered which he is hoping for), or play with his brother if KSU continues to hold schollies for both...& I think that UN is a 3rd & final choice...& if that is his choice then that is his choice, but it may be his least favorite choice of the three (for instances, reese (cobb's teammate & friend) at first cancelled a visit to a UN game (maine), so I feel that the pflugerville kids are not (or were not) amped up to come in the first place.

My point is that I believe UN takes a rb, one with experience, one who can cut back & find a lane, or show patiences, which I feel residence within wilson...

that is my feeling...you can do this if you wish... :dis

dedhoarse Hello, from what I have read kenny wilson has been given a scholarship by the UN coaches (rivals),...& I know that everything that I read is not always absolute &, that scholarship offers can materialize into nothing (see hayo carpenter, fenuki tupou, etc...coaches & players interest may wane...

Yet, I think that this scholarship is more than just for two parties to keep in contact...I think that he will visit (KSU or after sometime) & may verbel...

Also, I think that cobb has been dragging his heels in regards to UN...he seems to want to stay in Texas & play for UT (if offered which he is hoping for), or play with his brother if KSU continues to hold schollies for both...& I think that UN is a 3rd & final choice...& if that is his choice then that is his choice, but it may be his least favorite choice of the three (for instances, reese (cobb's teammate & friend) at first cancelled a visit to a UN game (maine), so I feel that the pflugerville kids are not (or were not) amped up to come in the first place.

My point is that I believe UN takes a rb, one with experience, one who can cut back & find a lane, or show patiences, which I feel residence within wilson...

that is my feeling...you can do this if you wish... :dis

NU still leads for him. Not sure where you saw that he wanted to play for Texas, but Texas hasn't even offered him, nor have they even looked at him after signing 4 star running backs Emmanuel Moody (rivals 100 player #30), and Vondrell McGee (rivals 250 player). Plus they already have a slew of running back studs on their roster. The Texas team you are thinking about that offered him his Texas A&M, not Texas. Even Texas A&M has backed off of him for the time being because they are in the lead for 4 star running back Tracy Slocum.

• 3 weeks later...

hello, rumor has it that kenny wilson will be visiting for the UN/ksu game - & if UN gets him to come there is a very good possibility that he will commit - so if everything does play out in that order - where does that leave cobb (has he waited too long to verbal, will UN continue to pursue, or will he start to look elsewhere - since he has a classmate & friend - beasley pg #150 rivals - who has verballed to play bb at a&m)

even though, UN has plenty at rb w/ lucky, glenn, & jackson for next yr - there is still room for 2 talented rb's in cobb & wilson (if there are 5 rb's than cobb = rs)

butler cc: 3 signed '05, 2 possible for '06 - wilson & verdell, & 2 possible for '07 - hunter & franklin