JUCO RB Kenny Wilson

Does anyone know about Kenny Wilson, JUCO, out of KS?

http://nebraska.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?school=50

Actually my old man teaches in Liberal KS where kenny went to high school. He has talked to many people that coached him and says he is the real deal. It was believed he was going to KSU when he came out of HS but couldn't qualify academically hence BCCC.

Hope this kid stays with his verbal, but it wouldn't surprise me if he went somewhere else with NU's depth at rb. Only time will tell.

I wouldn't worry to much about Florida at this point. Florida is focusing its recruiting on other guys at the moment and Wilson is their 4th or 5th option. People freak out to much when a recruit says he would like to take other visits to make sure he's making the right choice. The Hardy, Tomerlin, Taylor connection is our strongest selling point and with 2 of the 3 playing all year this season, Wilson knows he will get his shot next year regardless who is playing RB

• 2 weeks later...

Kenny Wilson lead the nation in Rushing in the Junior College ranks this season. He played in 8 games, rushed 112 times for 1229 yards and had 14 rushing touchdowns. . He averaged almost 154 rushing yards a game. Kansas St which got a verbal from 4 star running back James Johnson is 7th on that list with 10 games played, 170 carries, for 1152 yards and 15 touchdowns (avg 115 yards a game)

Here is a link to the rest of the stats Link

• 4 weeks later...
Just going by this whole recruiting process I don't thank this kid will end up here. This is just my feelings on this whole thing. Don't quote me on it though.

Yea, you'd think he would have said he was coming here FOR SURE by now.

Just going by this whole recruiting process I don't thank this kid will end up here.  This is just my feelings on this whole thing.  Don't quote me on it though.

Yea, you'd think he would have said he was coming here FOR SURE by now.

Cruz Barrett is listed as a soft verbal as well. It begs the question, do any of these kids keep a soft verbal committment? It seems as if its something that sounds good at the time, and he will stick with it till he hears the next sales pitch. I dunno, I haven't been really sold on him ending up here from day 1. I hope I am wrong, because he sounds like a beast.

He still has to take visits to Tenn and Florida before he is going to make up his mind for sure. A while back he said he is 80% sure he is coming here, unless he really likes something he sees or thinks he is going to get more playing time, I think he will be N.

I think Cruz Barrett will be a Husker come signing day. There was an article on Scout i think that said he is 100% certain he is a Husker. That really means nothing, but I believe he will be here come signing day.

I think it means more coming from him that the normal recruit. He has grown up for most of his life without his parents and is a ward of the state. While this is unfortunate, it also means that he doesn't have someone in his ear constantly telling him what is best for his future (a la JF).

I really think he will be N and am excited to welcome him to the Husker Family, I think if he wanted to go to FSU as much as some people think he does, he would have already decomitted and accepted their offer.

I think Cruz Barrett will be a Husker come signing day.  There was an article on Scout i think that said he is 100% certain he is a Husker.  That really means nothing, but I believe he will be here come signing day.

I think it means more coming from him that the normal recruit. He has grown up for most of his life without his parents and is a ward of the state. While this is unfortunate, it also means that he doesn't have someone in his ear constantly telling him what is best for his future (a la JF).

I really think he will be N and am excited to welcome him to the Husker Family, I think if he wanted to go to FSU as much as some people think he does, he would have already decomitted and accepted their offer.

Good point. I've heard the same about his family situation and I really believe Nebraska would be the best place for him. It seems he's already developed a good relationship with Seth Jensen (one of the main reasons he might not be decommitting), and Nebraska seems to be known for its family atmosphere with the football team.

• 2 weeks later...