The Real Big Red

haha, Huskers telling Sconies about sell out streaks...that's cute. Should've gone a bit further north and tried that, would've been laughed out of town.

Actually, the Huskers are closer than you think to the Packers in terms of sellouts. Green Bay had 336 back in 2007.

The popularly espoused sellout count for the Packers does not factor in games played in Milwaukee (also sell outs). Adjusted for these games the home streak is well over 400.

No, I did take that into account. Again, that number is from 2007 and the information is from a Yahoo Answers page, so I'm not standing behind it. Just wanted to put that out there.

Go season by season and break it down, the 336 number, while promoted by the franchise is a very conservative count.

haha, Huskers telling Sconies about sell out streaks...that's cute. Should've gone a bit further north and tried that, would've been laughed out of town.

Actually, the Huskers are closer than you think to the Packers in terms of sellouts. Green Bay had 336 back in 2007.

The popularly espoused sellout count for the Packers does not factor in games played in Milwaukee (also sell outs). Adjusted for these games the home streak is well over 400.

No, I did take that into account. Again, that number is from 2007 and the information is from a Yahoo Answers page, so I'm not standing behind it. Just wanted to put that out there.

Go season by season and break it down, the 336 number, while promoted by the franchise is a very conservative count.

I'm sure. I don't really have the energy to do that tonight, so I'm gonna have to trust you on this one. :thumbs

I'm sure. I don't really have the energy to do that tonight, so I'm gonna have to trust you on this one. :thumbs

Thank you, trust me its not worth the energy, and I didn't even count playoffs. God the Packers....so offtopic yet so awesome

Meh, don't get worked up about it, like Badger_HB said, we've never used that moniker. I don't want it. It reminds me of chewing gum...and by and by Wisconsin is worthy of respect in its own right, wait for B-Ball season.

What's b-ball? :dunno

You'll know it's arrived because Wisconsin will score less points in it than they do in football.

Meh, don't get worked up about it, like Badger_HB said, we've never used that moniker. I don't want it. It reminds me of chewing gum...and by and by Wisconsin is worthy of respect in its own right, wait for B-Ball season.

its payback time when basketball starts

Seriously?! We'll probably get our a$$es kicked harder on the court than on the gridiron. We SUCK at basketball.............

What's b-ball? :dunno

You'll know it's arrived because Wisconsin will score less points in it than they do in football.

...haha, and the weird thing is...they'll still win. A lot.

While I agree that College Football is by far the superior game I would venture to say that he who does not respect the Packers is not a football fan at all but rather an ignorant pretender.

In a way, the Packers are like the NFL's version of the Huskers, what with the tradition and the devoted fan base and all.

While I agree that College Football is by far the superior game I would venture to say that he who does not respect the Packers is not a football fan at all but rather an ignorant pretender.

In a way, the Packers are like the NFL's version of the Huskers, what with the tradition and the devoted fan base and all.

Don't tell that to Desmond Howard...

its payback time when basketball starts

Seriously?! We'll probably get our a$$es kicked harder on the court than on the gridiron. We SUCK at basketball.............

Pretty sure he is being sarcastic, at least, that is how I read it. And besides, remember Texas last year? It could happen, though less than a 1% chance.

How is Husker Baseball? I'd have to imagine you all are decent, they play the CWS in omaha after all...

Over the course of history we've been a mediocre team. We had a surge in the late 90s/early Naughties where we made the College World Series two or three times, but then in the last three years we've sunk back to crappage. We axed our coach (Mike Anderson) and hired Darin Erstad, former MLB standout (won a World Series with the Angels), who just so happened to be the Punter on our 1995 National Championship football team. We have no idea how well Erstad will coach, but he's tough as nails and he knows how to win. We'll just see if he knows how to coach others to win.

We have talent on our team and we should be an immediate contender in the Big Ten. We'll see this Spring.