Better Rivalry

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am a Husker fan and voted for RRR. Hands down. NU-OU had both the teams and the fans respectful for each other. UTerus and OU despise each other. Many of the players played against each other in HS. Both OU and UTerus recruit the same players. And the fans . . .

I was in Dallas one Friday night before the game. At a popular watering hole there was no parking on the street. I saw a truck with a hitch and Texas plates circle around the block, found a car with Oklahoma plates. Back up to it, hooked it up and pulled it out into the street and pulled into the parking space. Less than 10 minutes later an impound tow truck hooked up the car and took it away.

Anybody who is under 30 years old and doesn't pick RRR simply dislikes Texas (btw that is good enough reason for me). Anyone who is over 35 and doesn't pick NU-OU, either has Alzheimers, doesn't like college football, or is a dbag longhorn fan. The big 12 cast a shadow over the true rivalry we had with OU in the big 8 days.

If I'm not mistaken, though, I believe the rivalry between Texas and OU dates backs long before the Big 12 ever formed. I don't know exactly how long, but I'm almost positive they started forming that rivalry decades ago.

I think they said something like 1929 or around there on the broadcast.

Not to take anything away from OU/UT, but I'll remember those 80's matchups when I was growing up between Switzer and Osborne til the day I die. I haven't lived in Nebraska since I was a kid, but I still fanatically follow Huskers football and that special magic of that NU/OU rivalry, when it seemed like the whole state closed down and huddled around the TV (if they weren't lucky enough to be at the game), is a big part of the reason why.