Bo Pelini

Not trying to troll, I really don't know. For those watching the game, after the interception, he basically said f off to someone with his play card or whatever it was. At first I thought he was doing it to Tim Beck for calling that play, but some friends of mine who were at the game said Nebraska is on the east side (not by where Tim Beck would sit in the press box), and the fans were booing. If so, Im thinking he made this motion to the fans. If so, I really don't know what to think. Yes, fans should not be booing, but a coach should never let the fans get under your skin that much during a game. Wait til after the game to say something. Did anyone else catch this gesture?

First and foremost, I'm proud of our team for hanging in there and making a great comeback. Way to go big red.

Now, regarding Bo, I've been highly supportive of Bo since he arrived at NU, and he's had good results no doubt. However, I really think TO needs to talk to Bo about showing some maturity. Here are just a few thoughts:

1. His team just had the biggest comeback in history, and in last night's presser, he was angry as hell. The press has a job to do, and sometimes they will question a coach's decision making or the direction of the program. That is their job. Meanwhile, Bo has a job to show some respect and rise above any anger he has, or if he's that ticked off, just don't do a presser.

2. If a few fans booed last night, who cares. I was at the game, and from what I can tell, people weren't booing Martinez but rather the play call just before half. And, I could barely hear any boos. Overall, the fans played a big role in getting the Huskers pumped up in the 2nd half, and Bo doesn't need to act as though Nebraska fans are not supportive. To the contrary, he should have been praising the 85,000 plus who hung around in the 2nd half in the pouring rain when their team was down 27-6. Just like with a few bad reporters, Bo has a problem generalizing that all fans are out for his team when its a small percent who were heard before halftime.

3. I posted this a couple days ago and have some more detail to share. And again, I'm not trying to stir up trouble here, but here it goes. My wife left on a Delta flight last Sunday to Minneapolis. Her flight crew was the same that had the Huskers the night before after the Wisconsin loss (apparently they have the same crew all season). Anyway, at the airport the team normally does not have to go through security, but some airports still require it. In Madison the team had to go through security, and when Bo's bags were getting checked, he started yelling at the security officers including use of some profanity. I am NOT trying to spread rumors and would never post if this didn't seem legit, but assuming it happened, it's another example of Bo showing complete disrespect and a lack of maturity in front of his team.

In general, I know Bo likes to make his team feel like the whole world is out to get them, but they/we are not. I go to just about every single game, and most fans are supportive up until the end. You are always going to have some negative blogging and articles written about you, but Bo needs to realize that sentiment does not represent the majority.

• Fire 2

First and foremost, I'm proud of our team for hanging in there and making a great comeback. Way to go big red.

Now, regarding Bo, I've been highly supportive of Bo since he arrived at NU, and he's had good results no doubt. However, I really think TO needs to talk to Bo about showing some maturity. Here are just a few thoughts:

1. His team just had the biggest comeback in history, and in last night's presser, he was angry as hell. The press has a job to do, and sometimes they will question a coach's decision making or the direction of the program. That is their job. Meanwhile, Bo has a job to show some respect and rise above any anger he has, or if he's that ticked off, just don't do a presser.

2. If a few fans booed last night, who cares. I was at the game, and from what I can tell, people weren't booing Martinez but rather the play call just before half. And, I could barely hear any boos. Overall, the fans played a big role in getting the Huskers pumped up in the 2nd half, and Bo doesn't need to act as though Nebraska fans are not supportive. To the contrary, he should have been praising the 85,000 plus who hung around in the 2nd half in the pouring rain when their team was down 27-6. Just like with a few bad reporters, Bo has a problem generalizing that all fans are out for his team when its a small percent who were heard before halftime.

3. I posted this a couple days ago and have some more detail to share. And again, I'm not trying to stir up trouble here, but here it goes. My wife left on a Delta flight last Sunday to Minneapolis. Her flight crew was the same that had the Huskers the night before after the Wisconsin loss (apparently they have the same crew all season). Anyway, at the airport the team normally does not have to go through security, but some airports still require it. In Madison the team had to go through security, and when Bo's bags were getting checked, he started yelling at the security officers including use of some profanity. I am NOT trying to spread rumors and would never post if this didn't seem legit, but assuming it happened, it's another example of Bo showing complete disrespect and a lack of maturity in front of his team.

In general, I know Bo likes to make his team feel like the whole world is out to get them, but they/we are not. I go to just about every single game, and most fans are supportive up until the end. You are always going to have some negative blogging and articles written about you, but Bo needs to realize that sentiment does not represent the majority.

Bo had a right to be upset at some of the questions from the presser. Media and fans attacked Martinez after Wisconsin, which you have to realize is Bo's starting QB, Bo has his back and even when its against the people that are suppose to be supportive. It wasn't a small percentage of people that have been attacking him. It was pretty obvious that Bo answered questions to the best of his ability last night, but if you read some of the articles circulating around about the team and such, it makes his job hard to keep the players on the course and unrattled by incriminating questions about whether Martinez should be the QB or not.

agree with your overall premise, but disagree with some of your points. Bo does need to show more composure in some of his pressers. However, he had every right to have a chip on his shoulder during this one. His team had just proved that they do have the right quarterback, they just need to put him in the right plays (more option - less passing). I don't blame him at all for having an "I told you so" attitude.

As for the boo's, there were more than a few. I wasn't at the game, but on TV you could hear them loud and clear. I don't blame the fans because I would have booed as well, given how poorly we were playing at that point in the game.

Bottom line is that this is what we signed on for when we hired Bo. We all knew what he was like before we hired him as the head coach. We shouldn't be surprised when he shows his fire.

Bo had a right to be upset at some of the questions from the presser. Media and fans attacked Martinez after Wisconsin, which you have to realize is Bo's starting QB, Bo has his back and even when its against the people that are suppose to be supportive. It wasn't a small percentage of people that have been attacking him. It was pretty obvious that Bo answered questions to the best of his ability last night, but if you read some of the articles circulating around about the team and such, it makes his job hard to keep the players on the course and unrattled by incriminating questions about whether Martinez should be the QB or not.

I totally get Bo supporting his players, but if I were him, I would have his players not even read the stories if he feels the players can't handle it. It's that simple.

• Fire 2

I totally get Bo supporting his players, but if I were him, I would have his players not even read the stories if he feels the players can't handle it. It's that simple.

But even if the players don't read the stories. You can't control people that read the stories and approach the kids on a daily basis. Taylor was catching flak in his classes and off the field in his personal life. You can't directly link stories to people's opinion, but you can't say that they don't influence or spread the fire as it were.

FIrst, that's impossible. Second, idiot troll reporters do nothing but get people riled up, even when they're completely wrong. Dirk's childish antics feed an already uneasy situation and make situations like people calling taylor out in class worse. Bo was 100% in the right, and got an applause by the rest of the media.

/EOT

• Fire 1

I also had mixed feelings when I heard the press conference. On one hand, I could see Bo shutting down that reporter to show his team that he is on their side. It might be a move to build this "us vs. them" mentality. Something to get his players fired up.

On the other hand, the more I listen to Bo talk, the more I think he might jus not be the smartest head coach out there. And maybe he doesn't have a grand plan or anything... maybe he just is what he is.

I yelled at a baggage guy checking my bags. I feel Bo's pain. I hate that invasive stuff. That's if that story is true which is what I think da skers was getting at.