Bo Pelini

Husker fans as a whole are horrible. They're not very smart, and whats worse is they think they understand football but they don't. One of the things that bothers TO the most about our stadium is the saying that Peady put up saying we're the greast fans in college football.

Understatement of the year.

Way too much generalizion when it comes to bad fans. Was there some boos? yes, on that side. I sat on the west side and barely heard them. It was obvious on the tv bo was fannin towards the crowd, but you couldnt even hear the boos on tv, so obviosly it was a few hundred at most. I talked to many Ohio st fans for we sat in that section and I got positive comments about EVERYTHING. Most even said it was what they were told it was going to be like and more. So yes, we still have the rep and as far as bandwagoning goes, well theyre out there. No group it perfect.

I've commented on this board somewhere saying Nebraska fan base has unrealistic demands for the talent and youth the team has. Rarely a team is going to go undefeated; rarely is a QB [especially a QB like Taylor] is going to throw a perfect game; rarely is the defense [especially as young as our D is] going to execute to perfection. But that's what most people expect and when it doesn't happen they spiral out of control like the world is ending--slamming Taylor, slamming Bo, slamming Beck, and even slamming some of our own fans because they "are sunshine pumping".

And then the boos come and we expect Bo to not get angry, after dealing with all the sh#t he dealt with leading up to this game. And when he does, he's an awful guy? Get real. We've had Bo for four years now, and we've had him before he became a head coach here. Most people should know that he's an emotional guy and wants to see what's best for his team. How do you expect him to act in that context?

Get real.

I'm glad he called out Dirk. He kept firing questions away trying to get a response so he could get more hits for his story, and Bo shut him down--good for him. Screw most of the media. All they serve to do is pose distractions for the team.

As for your "airport" claim, who the hell wouldn't be mad? And who the hell else can provide credibility to this story? No one.

My favorite is how we sh#t on the players and coaches at every given opportunity under the guise of "being a realist".

My favorite is how everytime someone criticizes a player, coach, or the team, others manage to look down from the top of Perfect Mountain and lower their nose just long enough to tell them they are not a "True Fan" and don't deserve to root for the huskers.

I will do my part - I am sorry, that as a fan, I have helped create a set of standards and expectations by which we expect this team, both players and coaches, to perform. Furthermore, I have realized that expecting players and coaches to learn from their mistakes, which will be made, is much too high of an expectation.

3. I posted this a couple days ago and have some more detail to share. And again, I'm not trying to stir up trouble here, but here it goes. My wife left on a Delta flight last Sunday to Minneapolis. Her flight crew was the same that had the Huskers the night before after the Wisconsin loss (apparently they have the same crew all season). Anyway, at the airport the team normally does not have to go through security, but some airports still require it. In Madison the team had to go through security, and when Bo's bags were getting checked, he started yelling at the security officers including use of some profanity. I am NOT trying to spread rumors and would never post if this didn't seem legit, but assuming it happened, it's another example of Bo showing complete disrespect and a lack of maturity in front of his team.

In general, I know Bo likes to make his team feel like the whole world is out to get them, but they/we are not. I go to just about every single game, and most fans are supportive up until the end. You are always going to have some negative blogging and articles written about you, but Bo needs to realize that sentiment does not represent the majority.

Wow your wife was a flight attendant for the team. Aint you special. Anyone ever tell you youre an idiot.?

Now, if you had any clue what was going on you wouldve noticed Bo treated most media in the room very well. He singled out one man. Dirk the doosh. He's always been a doosh. He alway will be a doosh. Sometimes I wonder if he aint been raped by a group a Nebraska footballs at one point or another. We might as well have Doug Gottlieb writing for the Herald. Bo called him out, cited a specific article, and basically did what Mike Gundy did a few years back, only fewer words and more SELF CONTROL.

So in other words, get off his a$$ and let our coach be our coach. If not, move to New York and kiss Callahans toes or go to Pittsburgh and hang with Petersen.

Ok, so now I've been told I'm clueless, not smart, and am an idiot. Really?

Now, to the 3rd point in my original post, I clearly issued a disclaimer stating I was not on the flight home with the team. Also, to "accountability," if you read my post, I never stated my wife was a flight attendant. She was on a plane the day after the game with the flight crew who solely travels with the team on road trips. Some passengers on the flight were casually talking to the crew about how the team was doing, and here is what was learned.

a. The team travels with the same Delta crew to every game

b. The team didn't arrive back in Lincoln until super late (like 3 or 4 in the morning).

c. They had never seen the team so quiet after a game. Nobody would talk.

d. Bo told the team that he might as well start all freshman if they were going to play like that

e. As stated previously, Bo had a run in with security at the airport.

Again, I did not fly home with the team and cannot say for certain they fly with the same crew, fly Delta, and were quiet on the flight home from Madison, but I really don't know what incentive someone would have to lie about those details.

Additionally, after last year's A&M game, I was highly supportive of Bo and down on Perlman for calling Bo out publicly. I didn't think it was in good taste for Perlman to make this a national issue. With that said, I still stick to my original point that Bo needs to either show more respect when dealing with us fans or the media, or simply avoid the situation all together. We all have a right to question his team's performance this year or any year, and had OSU's QB not gotten injured, we most likely would have lost yesterday's game. He's supposed to be a defensive genius, but we've given up more than 25 points a game in four of six games this year. Last season the team gave up 25+ points only twice (including the post-season). After weeks 1, 2, and 3, Bo claimed he knew how to fix the defense, but I'm still waiting for him to do that.

Of course, I probably shouldn't have stated my disappointment with Bo's results on defense this year as I'm probably just clueless, not smart, and an idiot.

Husker fans as a whole are horrible. They're not very smart, and whats worse is they think they understand football but they don't. One of the things that bothers TO the most about our stadium is the saying that Peady put up saying we're the greast fans in college football.

that couldn't be more opposite from the truth. Who else in College Football cheers a great performance by the opposition, win or lose?? We may think we know more than we actually do, but what fans don't think that? These are some of the best fans in the country - just ask any coach who has played us at home.

20 years ago, yes.

Today's Husker fan is a spoiled a-hole.

• Fire 2

My favorite is how we sh#t on the players and coaches at every given opportunity under the guise of "being a realist".

My favorite is how everytime someone criticizes a player, coach, or the team, others manage to look down from the top of Perfect Mountain and lower their nose just long enough to tell them they are not a "True Fan" and don't deserve to root for the huskers.

I will do my part - I am sorry, that as a fan, I have helped create a set of standards and expectations by which we expect this team, both players and coaches, to perform. Furthermore, I have realized that expecting players and coaches to learn from their mistakes, which will be made, is much too high of an expectation.

My favorite is how whenever a team doesn't perform to standards, it's the end of the world for some and when others try to bring things back to a more accurate level, they're "sunshine pumping".

• Fire 1

Pelini nailing a reporter is one thing, some potential to backfire but a good way to blow off steam--Osborne had at least one spat with the media (http://www.nytimes.c...t-nebraska.html).

Visibly losing composure on the sidelines like the A&M game is another thing--hopefully *that* never happens again.

While last year at A&M looked bad, it's not like it wasn't justified... And since the "incident" over the past summer it seems as if TO may have done something to help settle Bo down a bit. His sideline demeanor has been saintly this year compared to last.