Bo Pelini

Couldn't disagree more. Absolutely clueless to the reality of the situation.

And you say that because? I'm clueless to what your view really is.

I don't think you're smart enough to understand.

C'mon man, really? Just because you aren't capable of providing a supported rebuttal doesn't mean it's ok to make one-line derogatory attacks. I'm just as big a fan as you and was posting my thoughts. Despite graduating number from from my class and having a post-graduate degree, I would never come on this site or any other and attack someone else's intellect.

Husker fans as a whole are horrible. They're not very smart, and whats worse is they think they understand football but they don't. One of the things that bothers TO the most about our stadium is the saying that Peady put up saying we're the greast fans in college football.

that couldn't be more opposite from the truth. Who else in College Football cheers a great performance by the opposition, win or lose?? We may think we know more than we actually do, but what fans don't think that? These are some of the best fans in the country - just ask any coach who has played us at home.

In the part of your post about the airport in Madison, you claim you arent looking to spread rumors. In reality though, isnt that exactly what you are doing? You, nor your wife were there to actually hear any of this, its a second if not third hand story from what you are saying, but yet have posted it twice now from what you say. Remember the old saying when we "assume" things.

As for the press, they have no trouble in throwing their opinions out there on topics, Im always glad to see Bo give his opinion back to them on occasion.

Bo is who he is. He speaks his mind, sometimes people may not like it, sometimes people love it. Sometimes he may go to far, but if I played for him, at least Id know he has my back.

• Fire 1

First and foremost, I'm proud of our team for hanging in there and making a great comeback. Way to go big red.

Now, regarding Bo, I've been highly supportive of Bo since he arrived at NU, and he's had good results no doubt. However, I really think TO needs to talk to Bo about showing some maturity. Here are just a few thoughts:

1. His team just had the biggest comeback in history, and in last night's presser, he was angry as hell. The press has a job to do, and sometimes they will question a coach's decision making or the direction of the program. That is their job. Meanwhile, Bo has a job to show some respect and rise above any anger he has, or if he's that ticked off, just don't do a presser.

2. If a few fans booed last night, who cares. I was at the game, and from what I can tell, people weren't booing Martinez but rather the play call just before half. And, I could barely hear any boos. Overall, the fans played a big role in getting the Huskers pumped up in the 2nd half, and Bo doesn't need to act as though Nebraska fans are not supportive. To the contrary, he should have been praising the 85,000 plus who hung around in the 2nd half in the pouring rain when their team was down 27-6. Just like with a few bad reporters, Bo has a problem generalizing that all fans are out for his team when its a small percent who were heard before halftime.

3. I posted this a couple days ago and have some more detail to share. And again, I'm not trying to stir up trouble here, but here it goes. My wife left on a Delta flight last Sunday to Minneapolis. Her flight crew was the same that had the Huskers the night before after the Wisconsin loss (apparently they have the same crew all season). Anyway, at the airport the team normally does not have to go through security, but some airports still require it. In Madison the team had to go through security, and when Bo's bags were getting checked, he started yelling at the security officers including use of some profanity. I am NOT trying to spread rumors and would never post if this didn't seem legit, but assuming it happened, it's another example of Bo showing complete disrespect and a lack of maturity in front of his team.

In general, I know Bo likes to make his team feel like the whole world is out to get them, but they/we are not. I go to just about every single game, and most fans are supportive up until the end. You are always going to have some negative blogging and articles written about you, but Bo needs to realize that sentiment does not represent the majority.

Bo is under no obligation to act like TO. These threads are so tired. I don't really want the stoic coach. I like it when he yells. Many coaches do it. I think he has calmed it down from last year and that may be as good as it gets and that is OK with me.

• Fire 1

In the part of your post about the airport in Madison, you claim you arent looking to spread rumors. In reality though, isnt that exactly what you are doing? You, nor your wife were there to actually hear any of this, its a second if not third hand story from what you are saying, but yet have posted it twice now from what you say. Remember the old saying when we "assume" things.

As for the press, they have no trouble in throwing their opinions out there on topics, Im always glad to see Bo give his opinion back to them on occasion.

Bo is who he is. He speaks his mind, sometimes people may not like it, sometimes people love it. Sometimes he may go to far, but if I played for him, at least Id know he has my back.

I agree with your comment on the 3rd bullet which is why I disclaimed the source. With that said, the first two bullets are my views based upon what I observed leading up to the game, during the game, and after the game. I don't mind those who respectfully disagree on here, so thanks for being respectful!

First and foremost, I'm proud of our team for hanging in there and making a great comeback. Way to go big red.

Now, regarding Bo, I've been highly supportive of Bo since he arrived at NU, and he's had good results no doubt. However, I really think TO needs to talk to Bo about showing some maturity. Here are just a few thoughts:

1. His team just had the biggest comeback in history, and in last night's presser, he was angry as hell. The press has a job to do, and sometimes they will question a coach's decision making or the direction of the program. That is their job. Meanwhile, Bo has a job to show some respect and rise above any anger he has, or if he's that ticked off, just don't do a presser.

2. If a few fans booed last night, who cares. I was at the game, and from what I can tell, people weren't booing Martinez but rather the play call just before half. And, I could barely hear any boos. Overall, the fans played a big role in getting the Huskers pumped up in the 2nd half, and Bo doesn't need to act as though Nebraska fans are not supportive. To the contrary, he should have been praising the 85,000 plus who hung around in the 2nd half in the pouring rain when their team was down 27-6. Just like with a few bad reporters, Bo has a problem generalizing that all fans are out for his team when its a small percent who were heard before halftime.

3. I posted this a couple days ago and have some more detail to share. And again, I'm not trying to stir up trouble here, but here it goes. My wife left on a Delta flight last Sunday to Minneapolis. Her flight crew was the same that had the Huskers the night before after the Wisconsin loss (apparently they have the same crew all season). Anyway, at the airport the team normally does not have to go through security, but some airports still require it. In Madison the team had to go through security, and when Bo's bags were getting checked, he started yelling at the security officers including use of some profanity. I am NOT trying to spread rumors and would never post if this didn't seem legit, but assuming it happened, it's another example of Bo showing complete disrespect and a lack of maturity in front of his team.

In general, I know Bo likes to make his team feel like the whole world is out to get them, but they/we are not. I go to just about every single game, and most fans are supportive up until the end. You are always going to have some negative blogging and articles written about you, but Bo needs to realize that sentiment does not represent the majority.

I can't speak to the stuff that happened at the airport, but I agree with everything else you wrote.

Bo is a head coach at a major college. He gets paid a lot of money and one of his duties as head coach is to address the media and there is no reason he can't do it with class, regardless of the outcome fo the game.

The main streem media isn't Facebook, Twitter, etc. Reporters from the World-Herald, Journal-Star, other Neb papers and national media deserve respect. They're doing an important job. Also, Bo needs to remember that in a state with just 1.7 million people, the program does not succeed without the fans.

Wait... so the flight crew told the passengers about this? I smell some bullsh#t.....

Try harder n00b.

I can't speak to the stuff that happened at the airport, but I agree with everything else you wrote.

Bo is a head coach at a major college. He gets paid a lot of money and one of his duties as head coach is to address the media and there is no reason he can't do it with class, regardless of the outcome fo the game.

The main streem media isn't Facebook, Twitter, etc. Reporters from the World-Herald, Journal-Star, other Neb papers and national media deserve respect. They're doing an important job. Also, Bo needs to remember that in a state with just 1.7 million people, the program does not succeed without the fans.

Respect is earned. Acting like a dick just to piss Bo off so you can write a scathing story to get more page hits does not deserve respect.

• Fire 2

C'mon man, really? Just because you aren't capable of providing a supported rebuttal doesn't mean it's ok to make one-line derogatory attacks. I'm just as big a fan as you and was posting my thoughts. Despite graduating number from from my class and having a post-graduate degree, I would never come on this site or any other and attack someone else's intellect.

Yes that's exactly it. I'm extremely incapable. I'm probably the dumbest, most clueless, most uninformed person on this forum when it comes to the football team, the coaches or anything related to the relationships they have with the boosters and media. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

PS I'm extremely happy for your academic success.

Husker fans as a whole are horrible. They're not very smart, and whats worse is they think they understand football but they don't. One of the things that bothers TO the most about our stadium is the saying that Peady put up saying we're the greast fans in college football.

that couldn't be more opposite from the truth. Who else in College Football cheers a great performance by the opposition, win or lose?? We may think we know more than we actually do, but what fans don't think that? These are some of the best fans in the country - just ask any coach who has played us at home.

Those are things that we used to be able to say. However I'll disagree with the current climate of the average Husker fan being that way. Is sad that we treat the opposing team better than we treat our own team? If we're so dam classy why did all that hate come out on a QB last week who in all reality didn't lose us the game? Why does the entire crowd chant for coaches to be fired at high school games their kids play at? Why do we send death threats to coaches wives for losing a bowl game? The last 8-9 years we've treated our kids like sh*it unless they're winning every game. That's not being a good fan. Most fans don't understand the where the line is between being critical and being fanatical. They aren't smart enough. Yes there are some good fans out there but I would say I come into contact with more bad fans than good ones any more.

• Fire 2

You have become one of the most obnoxious regular contributors to this board.

I've always been this way.