What ARE our chances against Michigan?

I think this game, despite what some of you guys are saying, is going to be pretty close. At least that's the way I see it right now. Obviously things happen over the course of season that can dramatically change predictions but right now NU and UM actually seem kind of similar to me. Denard has had a lot of problems, especially in the first half of games. The biggest change with the new coaching staff outside of a better attitude is the ability for them to adjust at halftime. Never saw that kinda stuff with RichRod, this year UM is outscoring teams 141-21 in the second half. I know gets a lot of crap about his passing, but when he slows himself down and sets his feet, he can do damage.

The defense is very similar. The difference between the same athletes using a different scheme with different coaching has been nothing short of remarkable so far. NW was just killing us with the option in the first half. At halftime, Mattison made some adjustments and the option stopped working. This, and the fact that the team seems to be getting better on a weekly basis are my reasons for confidence. No reason to think the same thing won't happen for NU as well.

I hope that when we meet, both teams are healthy. T-Mart and Drob definitely take some hits, but hopefully it will be better this year. I know from seeing him on campus that Drob is physically bigger this year, and it seems to be helping him. He went out of a game for injury the first time on Saturday for two plays. At this time last year, Drob had missed portions of 5 of 6 games. Let's hope that the trend continues because, and I know you guys might have differing opinions on this, I think Drob is the most exciting player I have watched since, I don't even know, Michael Vick? Anyways, I hope he's in there because it will be a real treat to see him up against the famous Blackshirts.

Hopefully some of you guys make your way up here. You will love the Big House and Ann Arbor. While it may not get as loud as Camp Randall (even though it's lack of 'loudness' is overblown), I can guarantee that you will be treated with respect and hospitality.

GOBLUE

I think this game, despite what some of you guys are saying, is going to be pretty close. At least that's the way I see it right now. Obviously things happen over the course of season that can dramatically change predictions but right now NU and UM actually seem kind of similar to me. Denard has had a lot of problems, especially in the first half of games. The biggest change with the new coaching staff outside of a better attitude is the ability for them to adjust at halftime. Never saw that kinda stuff with RichRod, this year UM is outscoring teams 141-21 in the second half. I know gets a lot of crap about his passing, but when he slows himself down and sets his feet, he can do damage.

The defense is very similar. The difference between the same athletes using a different scheme with different coaching has been nothing short of remarkable so far. NW was just killing us with the option in the first half. At halftime, Mattison made some adjustments and the option stopped working. This, and the fact that the team seems to be getting better on a weekly basis are my reasons for confidence. No reason to think the same thing won't happen for NU as well.

I hope that when we meet, both teams are healthy. T-Mart and Drob definitely take some hits, but hopefully it will be better this year. I know from seeing him on campus that Drob is physically bigger this year, and it seems to be helping him. He went out of a game for injury the first time on Saturday for two plays. At this time last year, Drob had missed portions of 5 of 6 games. Let's hope that the trend continues because, and I know you guys might have differing opinions on this, I think Drob is the most exciting player I have watched since, I don't even know, Michael Vick? Anyways, I hope he's in there because it will be a real treat to see him up against the famous Blackshirts.

Hopefully some of you guys make your way up here. You will love the Big House and Ann Arbor. While it may not get as loud as Camp Randall (even though it's lack of 'loudness' is overblown), I can guarantee that you will be treated with respect and hospitality.

GOBLUE

Please don't call the 2011 Nebraska defense "Blackshirts." Not yet...

Michigan beat Northwestern despite Shoelaces throwing three INT's. At this juncture unless we improve a ton, there's a slim to none chance of us beating Michigan. Michigan's offense is lightyears ahead of Ohio States. Michigan's defense is pretty decent. Considering we looked like a monkey humping a football for almost three quarters against Ohio State, I could easily see this game as being worse than when we played against Wisconsin. At this juncture in the season according to Rivals, Michigan has a top 10 total defense which is nine spots higher than Ohio State's. Michigan's offense is #21 while Ohio State is 35 spots from the bottom. I give us about as much of a chance to beat Michigan as Lloyd had ending up with Mary.

Michigan's defense hasn't proved squat yet.

NW with a hobbled Persa "might" be an indication but I doubt it. Persa completed 32 of 45 passes for 331 yds. They didn't really stop him. Notre Lame rushed for 198 yds & passed for 315 yds on them. To say the very least neither of those two teams that played Michigan are overwhelming (at all). The rest are crispy, creamy puffballs.

I see NU lighting up their defense like a Christmas tree.

Sadly, unless our defense improves massively they'll do the same to us. But even so it's a shootout with whoever scoring last wins. Bo has three weeks to get something working for the blackshirts. Don't count him out.

GBR!!

GOBLUE

Please don't call the 2011 Nebraska defense "Blackshirts." Not yet...

Haha, my bad. Although I haven't seen it here very often, I have seen some NU posters refer to Michigan as "MU". Please don't do that either.

Michigan is a different team than most of the other B1G teams.. the spread type athletes they've recruited won't be able to beat up on our d-line. I see Robinson getting impatient and throwing some pics in the first half. If Nebraska can get anything going offensively in the first half, its over.

If we go in at half tied, then I think we win in a dogfight. Both sides seem to have coaching staffs that make good changes at half.

I hope that I'm not the only one the knows UM has two studs that would probably easily start for NU on the DLIne? Mike Martin and Craig Roh are MEN.

This game, when it comes, will be a very good one. It will not be a blowout, and I wouldn't be suprised one bit if the score turns out to be way lower than many expect.

I know we don't play them for awhile but what are our chances? I was reading the B1G blog on espnu and the Michigan fans were spouting off how they were going to take it all, blah blah blah. It got me thinking about our boys and that fabulous come back last night. So what do you all think? I think if we played like we did 3rd/4th quarters last night for the whole game we can easily beat them. (Maybe our comeback to them could be: "Remember the Alamo!" (Alas, that was another team/another time but could we do it again??)

I think they have a very legtimate arguement. NU can't stop the run. 4 out of the 6 teams we have played have had a rusher go over a 100 years. We are talking about Dennard Robinson one of the best rushers in the country.