Occupy Wall Street

As I mentioned in the previous post, you could count all the people from all the cities every day and it still wouldn't add up to what these other demonstrations get in a single event. OWS is insignificant when it comes to numbers. They do on the other hand get a very significant amount of media coverage. Unfortunately it has nothing to do about what they are for but instead what is going on at the protests either them vs the cops or the terrible conditions they create. This is why I gave them props for what they are doing in LA because that actually leads to change in the country. I would take a guess that OWS had more support in the beginning from your average citizen then they do now after all the negative press they have been given from their actions.

How many people were at yesterday's West Coast rallies?

Most versions of million person march tye events last a couple of hours, are festival-like in atmosphere, and there are no risks to the patrticipants.

OWS participants risk arrest, police brutality, and poor creature comforts for extended periods of time.

How many popular demonstrations have had the wide spread and long term appeal that OWS has had?

Some demonstrations get alot of people to show up once, in one city. OWS has been going strong in hundreds of cities over a few months.

Just curious...

As I mentioned in the previous post, you could count all the people from all the cities every day and it still wouldn't add up to what these other demonstrations get in a single event. OWS is insignificant when it comes to numbers. They do on the other hand get a very significant amount of media coverage. Unfortunately it has nothing to do about what they are for but instead what is going on at the protests either them vs the cops or the terrible conditions they create. This is why I gave them props for what they are doing in LA because that actually leads to change in the country. I would take a guess that OWS had more support in the beginning from your average citizen then they do now after all the negative press they have been given from their actions.

How many people were at yesterday's West Coast rallies?

Most versions of million person march tye events last a couple of hours, are festival-like in atmosphere, and there are no risks to the patrticipants.

OWS participants risk arrest, police brutality, and poor creature comforts for extended periods of time.

How many popular demonstrations have had the wide spread and long term appeal that OWS has had?

Some demonstrations get alot of people to show up once, in one city. OWS has been going strong in hundreds of cities over a few months.

Just curious...

If these were popular demonstrations, I would agree, but that is far from reality.

Let me try this question again...

Just curious...

and since you asked, here is about the best article I could find that actually shared numbers.

http://www.cbsnews.c...st-coast-ports/

Several hundred in Oakland, 400 in Long Beach, 150 in LA, 300 in Portland. After reading that, I think I have been giving them more credit then they deserve.

How many demonstrations have had this staying power, with the constant threat of police brutality, the threat of arrest, and poor weather?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/occupy-protesters-seek-to-shut-down-west-coast-ports-despite-rejection-by-longshore-union/2011/12/12/gIQA3zP3oO_story.html?wprss=rss_homepage

Let me try this question again...

Just curious...

Most of them. Of course many don't need to last this long because they actually accomplish the point and get results.

and since you asked, here is about the best article I could find that actually shared numbers.

Several hundred in Oakland, 400 in Long Beach, 150 in LA, 300 in Portland. After reading that, I think I have been giving them more credit then they deserve.

How many demonstrations have had this staying power, with the constant threat of police brutality, the threat of arrest, and poor weather?

http://www.washingto...ss=rss_homepage

A lot more then you will ever give credit for. OWS=drop in the bucket.

http://www.washingto...ss=rss_homepage

A lot more then you will ever give credit for. OWS=drop in the bucket.

LOL! If you are going to claim that and then also claim it's going strong in hundreds of cities, you should have no problem finding hundreds if not thousands of examples of brutality and arrest. Thanks in advance. I look forward to the list.

Most of them. Of course many don't need to last this long because they actually accomplish the point and get results.

The sad thing is OWS is probably only the third biggest protest of the year in the US. The protests in WI and the Verizon strike on the east coast outdid what OWS has this year. OWS=drop in the bucket.

LOL! If you are going to claim that and then also claim it's going strong in hundreds of cities, you should have no problem finding hundreds if not thousands of examples of brutality and arrest. Thanks in advance. I look forward to the list.

OK, I get it. You're not even going to bother to try to answer the question I asked.

Instead you have the same pre-prepared line that you keep parroting.

The Houston Police place a tent over restrained demonstrators (2:00 in the video), and at then gas those bound and trapped inside (3:12).

I have a hard time believing, based upon that video, that anyone was gassed. It looks to me as if they were using compressed air to provide integrity for the structure. Similar to a ‘Jumpy House’ you may see at a 6 year olds birthday party. The released the air at the end and it fell. Furthermore, there doesn’t appear to be anyone in the direct vicinity that is attempting to avoid these gasses (gasmask?).

I also have a concern with your assumption that anyone was trapped in there. The walls appear to be multiple sections held together by Velcro. That being said, I don’t believe this was any type of containment structure.

I am of the opinion, and I would like to get a law enforcement perspective, that this is nothing more than an attempt to minimize glorifying this type of protest. They don’t want to gas them and they don’t want any sensationalizing they arrest of those breaking the law. They bring in this structure, throw the cuffs on out of the view of cameras and hall them off. I would guess that the police are probably video and audio recording the arrests as a back up. They even took it a step further by having rescue squad members there.

Again, this is my opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree with your analysis of what happened in this video. This police force has decided not give those breaking the law the ’15 minutes’ they are looking for and I think it is pretty good idea as long as they are not mistreating those that they are arresting. Again, I would be surprised if the police force isn’t taping it. Police officers are now guilty until proven innocent in this era of cell phones and lazy journalism. Now they don’t have to put 6 officers on administrative leave for doing their job.

I would like to get the perspective of the guy wearing the penguin suit at 3:50 before I go with anything though.

Why place the tent over the bound demonstrators?

The tent did not need gas from a cannister to give it structural integrity, why turn the gas on into the tent?

Why place the tent over the bound demonstrators?

I already addressed this, but apparently you are having a difficult time comprehending it (I will admit, this part is my opinion). At no point in the video do you ever see them bound by anything, so I'm not sure what you are referring to.

The tent did not need gas from a cannister to give it structural integrity, why turn the gas on into the tent?

After watching it a second time I noticed something else. I still believe that the 'air' was used for structure integrity. The interesting thing is that the video never shows him turning it on at 3:12 like you claim. Any idiot that can screw in a light bulb will realize that he is unscrewing whatever mechanism attaches to the tent. At 12:55 they release the air valves and the tent falls over. Sounds like it might need air for structural integrity.

Add this this video/description to another of your misinformed/misleading rants.