Taylor and Brett: Big 10 Players of the Week (plus more!)

Thanks for posting. I see this one, too - "senior linebacker Lavonte David has been named the Lott Trophy National Impact Player of the Week"

But, this stuck out to me: "In the game, Martinez also surpassed 2,500 career passing yards and the 4,000-yard career total offense plateau. Martinez reached 4,000 career total offense yards in his 19th career game, tying for the fastest player to reach that mark in NU history".

T-Mart haters, what do you have to say about that?

But, this stuck out to me: "In the game, Martinez also surpassed 2,500 career passing yards and the 4,000-yard career total offense plateau. Martinez reached 4,000 career total offense yards in his 19th career game, tying for the fastest player to reach that mark in NU history".

S*ck on that haters.

• Fire 1

S*ck on that haters.

You really don't like some of the posters here. do you? Just because some is critical of someones play does not make them a hater. Yes, he had a very good game on Sat., now let's see some consistency.

• Fire 1

S*ck on that haters.

You really don't like some of the posters here. do you? Just because some is critical of someones play does not make them a hater. Yes, he had a very good game on Sat., now let's see some consistency.

You're right, I don't.

You're not one of them though. Even though you're "wrong" you're hardcore BigRedMachine. That compensates greatly.

GBR!!

S*ck on that haters.

You're right, I don't.

You're not one of them though. Even though you're "wrong" you're hardcore BigRedMachine. That compensates greatly.

GBR!!

Like wrong in my thinking that we need more balance in the offense? Is that what you mean?

S*ck on that haters.

You're right, I don't.

GBR!!

Like wrong in my thinking that we need more balance in the offense? Is that what you mean?

Close. You just need to understand and appreciate what a real-deal running threat at qb gives our offense. Especially considering NU geographic location. Dan Marino/M. Vick combo clones simply don't exist and even if they did, odds of us getting them are almost zero.

You'll get there.....

GRB!!

GBR!!

S*ck on that haters.

You're right, I don't.

GBR!!

Close. You just need to understand and appreciate what a real-deal running threat at qb gives our offense. Especially considering NU geographic location. Dan Marino/M. Vick combo clones simply don't exist and even if they did, odds of us getting them are almost zero.

You'll get there.....

GRB!!

GBR!!

I agree with you. I love dual threat QBs, but being a dual threat QB means you have to be able to throw. Russell Wilson was looking at Nebraska as one of his choices when transferring, but I believe in the Russell Wilson thread, someone said Bo wasn't interested. You can't tell me you wouldn't love to have him at Nebraska. Brion is a dual threat QB also. He may not have the speed TM does, but he can def. run if needed. Jamal Turner was a dual threat QB in hs. That is what we are recruiting, dual threats.

Now before this last week, I didn't think TM was going to be the QB people want him to be bc of his inability to throw. I didnot want to bench him, just use his talents elsewhere. The tOSU game gave me some hope that he can become that QB perhaps. He made better decisions and his throws were more accurate. Still, some were a little off, but even Peyton Manning is not perfect. I said in one of my posts to you last week that I'd be happy with a 60% completion rate as long as he is not turning the ball over. Well, he went above and beyond that on Sat. and I was pleased.

P.S. I don't want a Dan Marino/Mike Vick type QB. There is no such thing. I'd take someone like Mike Vick any day of the week, however. Except for the whole being a felon thing...

S*ck on that haters.

You're right, I don't.

GBR!!

You'll get there.....

GRB!!

GBR!!

I agree with you. I love dual threat QBs, but being a dual threat QB means you have to be able to throw. Russell Wilson was looking at Nebraska as one of his choices when transferring, but I believe in the Russell Wilson thread, someone said Bo wasn't interested. You can't tell me you wouldn't love to have him at Nebraska. Brion is a dual threat QB also. He may not have the speed TM does, but he can def. run if needed. Jamal Turner was a dual threat QB in hs. That is what we are recruiting, dual threats.

Now before this last week, I didn't think TM was going to be the QB people want him to be bc of his inability to throw. I didnot want to bench him, just use his talents elsewhere. The tOSU game gave me some hope that he can become that QB perhaps. He made better decisions and his throws were more accurate. Still, some were a little off, but even Peyton Manning is not perfect. I said in one of my posts to you last week that I'd be happy with a 60% completion rate as long as he is not turning the ball over. Well, he went above and beyond that on Sat. and I was pleased.

P.S. I don't want a Dan Marino/Mike Vick type QB. There is no such thing. I'd take someone like Mike Vick any day of the week, however. Except for the whole being a felon thing...

The threat of Tmart's feet gives our offense may mis-matches that a pocket passer "or" an average duel threat qb simply do not. Tmart has "extreme" acceleration and I assure you that's scare's the living sh*t out of opponent DCs and they compensate in a big way. I'm sure you've noticed how downright hilarious it is when Tmart gets a crease and opponent defensive player's angle of pursuit is instantly blown up. Seriously, it's just funny as hell.

Just like an "extreme" accurate pocket passers like Marino/Fouts/Brady do or did. They too forced opponents to compensate in a huge way.

Sure, no doubt Carnes can run too. But will his runs terrify opponent DCs like Tmart? Zero chance. Now in turn maybe his more accurate passing makes up for that difference and more. Heck, I don't know.

I'll say this, put Tmart behind a Frazier or Frost's Oline (not to mention a brilliant OC like TO) and he would rip cfb apart. Beck sure shows promise though and the Oline is improving.

Wilson sure looks good but shredding our defense really doesn't show much quite frankly (and sadly). He might be the real deal but I'm anxious to see how he looks vs MSU or OSU. He's good no doubt. Great? We'll see.

So the OSU game only gives you a glimmer of hope? Greatest comeback in the history of NU cfb really doesn't impress you, huh? Even vs an elite defense? I never saw J. Ganz, Z. Taylor, Z. Lee or any other "good" passers even remotely accomplish something like that at NU. Ever.

Heh....but both of our minds are made up and nothing is going to change that. We're on the same side though and that's what really counts.

GBR!!

So the OSU game only gives you a glimmer of hope? Greatest comeback in the history of NU cfb really doesn't impress you, huh? Even vs an elite defense? I never saw J. Ganz, Z. Taylor, Z. Lee or any other "good" passers even remotely accomplish something like that at NU. Ever.

I said it did impress me and I said he played very well. I said it gives me hope he can turn into the QB we need to compete for championships. Now we will see if it was just one week of being pissed and wanting to prove a point or if he has turned a corner.

True, but you also can't deny that some people on this board clearly have an agenda against Martinez right now. Several have come up and eaten their crow for at least one week, but I'm sure some are just waiting for Martinez to play poorly again. His performance against tOSU doesn't mean Martinez is going to drive a flat highway from here out - there will be pot holes along the way. But it was definitely a step in the right direction - a big step.

Does anybody know where Martinez ranks all time in Husker history, who the leaders are right now or where to find the information? I think Crouch is #1 and Frazier is right up there too.