Does Bo, TM, and rest not understand?

C N Red

Do they not realize if TM would just take some responsibility and show some humility that fans would be very forgiving?! As Nebraskans we are very blue collar and humble. I guarantee you if TM would have admitted he did things wrong in the Wisconsin game, took responsibility, and showed humility instead of being so hard headed the fans would have given him much more slack.

I understand your concerns despite having what I believe is a quality rebuttal against them.

First and foremost, Martinez is as bad in front of the media as Bo is. In fact I would argue Martinez is worse for various reasons that I won't get into. Needless to say - he doesn't like being in front of the camera and he's obviously uncomfortable. I've heard word of mouth that he's this way normally, so it's probably just his personality of the stereotypical west coast surfer dude.

Second, it's not like Martinez is stupid. He knows just as well as we do what he messed up in the Wisconsin game. Telling everyone he played a poor game is what fans want to hear, but we already know it. So technically speaking, he doesn't have to say it.

Lastly, people were vilifying Martinez by the time the second quarter was over, and there's no denying it. Some parts of this board were a cesspool that night. Whatever he says a lot of people already have a pre-disposition to him and he knows it. Even if he shows humility and tells everyone what they want to hear, he'll still be vilified. It's the nature of the quarterback position here and every place else in the country.

Besides, he's 20-years-old, puts in 40+ hours a week towards football, has a girlfriend, has classes, etc. He also plays the one of the more glorified positions at one of the greatest college football universities in history. It's not easy, and I doubt the people on this board who criticize him have fortitude to do a better job.