Turning Point Game of the Season

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

if we get past these next two weeks without a loss, then, yes, i think so.

If we do well against Mich St's defense and the defense holds up....I'd like to think that the team will ride that momentum all the way til the end of the season. However...there's always that any given Saturday...anything can happen. One game at a time...

I've got to think (and hope) the light bulb came on. Will it stay on? I can't even vote until after the next game. Even though it's "just Minnesota", think about how crappy the defense looked in the first half against a decimated OSU team with piss-poor offense.

Yeah...it concerns me. I have high hopes the D will keep getting better.

If we go 11 - 3, that's an improvement and the best record in the Bo Pelini years. If one of those wins is the Big 10 Championship or a decent bowl game, we should be pretty happy.

And that good case scenario still involves us losing two more games.

One of them will probably be Michigan. We'll have a quality win, possibly a surprising win in there. And we might just have a stinker loss to a team like Iowa.

Or we have three more losses and still tie Bo Pelini's best record.

Running the table is the least likely scenario.

But if the lightbulb went off and this team circles the wagons and we mix a bunch more metaphors, it's certainly within the realm.

Not sure how you would call Saturdays game a turning point, when they really were getting their butts handed to them for 2 1/2 quarters. A turning point to me will be when they come out of the tunnel and dominate from the start.

You might be waiting a long time as not many teams dominate every game from start to finish.

Not sure how you would call Saturdays game a turning point, when they really were getting their butts handed to them for 2 1/2 quarters. A turning point to me will be when they come out of the tunnel and dominate from the start.

You might be waiting a long time as not many teams dominate every game from start to finish.

You may be very correct. Seems like there is only one or two teams that are dominating each season anymore. I guess I am spoiled...used to the old days when we were one of those teams. Never say never though...but I do have to keep hitting myself in the head and telling myself that this is only a game. Yeah....right....

Still, it frustrates me to no end to play teams that we should run up 50 pts on in the first three quarters, and let them hang around til the 4th quarter. That is not parity, that is just playing down to their level.

I'm just not sure. For the past few years, I've seen a team that doesn't seem to play with the same intensity through an entire game. From half to half, they seem very Jekyll-and-Hyde. Usually they'll play a little flat the first half, then play with a little more fire the second half (or, as it was against Washington, just the third quarter).

The turning point will be the point at which the team starts to play the entire game like they played against OSU after David got that strip.

it's too soon to tell. it may very well be a turning point, but mizzou in '09 was supposed to be, as well. i think this team should play with more confidence and intensity. as i watch bo's defenses, and other defenses across the nation, it seems that the good ones are separated from the bad ones because of their confidence and trust. that is what this defense needs. hopefully that would end missed assignments and safeties being out of place.

it's too soon to tell. it may very well be a turning point, but mizzou in '09 was supposed to be, as well. i think this team should play with more confidence and intensity. as i watch bo's defenses, and other defenses across the nation, it seems that the good ones are separated from the bad ones because of their confidence and trust. that is what this defense needs. hopefully that would end missed assignments and safeties being out of place.

I want to see more intensity. Guys just flying around and looking like they are having fun, playin with passion.