Michigan State

We'll see what they do against Michigan this weekend. They win, I want to bet the game's at night. They lose, it'll be in the afternoon.

What is the reasoning for your prediction of the start time? Just curious. I never thought much into the start time of the game with regards to the previous week's outcome.

We'll see what they do against Michigan this weekend. They win, I want to bet the game's at night. They lose, it'll be in the afternoon.

What is the reasoning for your prediction of the start time? Just curious. I never thought much into the start time of the game with regards to the previous week's outcome.

ABC/ESPN want to put the biggest games in Prime Time because that's when the most viewers will be watching TV. Therefore, if its "big game" between two highly ranked 1-loss teams, then that may intice more Eyeballs to that channel.

We need Michigan State to beat Michigan for a couple of reasons.

A. We need Michigan to suffer a loss in division.

B. A 1-loss Michgan State team and a 1-loss Husker team will likely mean a Night game.

Our biggest competition could come from within the conference. There are two other Big 10 games of note that day.

Illinois @ Penn State

and

Wisconsin @ Ohio State

Now, Wiscy at OSU might only be a day game because the Buckeyes have 3 losses. If the Illini stay undefeated, that game could get the night broadcast.

ABC/ESPN want to put the biggest games in Prime Time because that's when the most viewers will be watching TV. Therefore, if its "big game" between two highly ranked 1-loss teams, then that may intice more Eyeballs to that channel.

We need Michigan State to beat Michigan for a couple of reasons.

A. We need Michigan to suffer a loss in division.

B. A 1-loss Michgan State team and a 1-loss Husker team will likely mean a Night game.

Ah, gotcha. I never connected it to the TV broadcast. I thought you had something else in mind. But that makes sense.